Pages: 1

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Gamer parents, help me pleeze
#321423 - 02/04/14 03:19 PM

I need some windows games, preferably free. They are for a 7 year old girl, for the premiere of the new family computer. Requisites: appropiate for her, and needing of the use of a gamepad. Platformers, learning games (even if they only use the mouse), maybe a cute fighter or shooter would be nice too (i.e. nothing too bloody and preferably without rotting zombies).

The gamepad will be the "selling" point so the girl stops asking for a console. I know zilch-zero-nada of kid games so a helping hand and a starting point will be very appreciated. I will personally perform oral sex in exchange of this help. Under my conditions, of course

TIA.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: Gamer parents, help me pleeze new [Re: Pi]
#321433 - 02/04/14 06:22 PM

My 6 year old loves to play Hamsterball but she plays using the trackball in my cab, but the game can be setup to use a mouse or gamepad.

Not readlly educational, but cute, and teaches them coordination I suppose. Kind of like Marble Madness.

The later levels are REALLY difficult. My daughter enjoys the first 5 levels or so.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#321438 - 02/04/14 08:16 PM

> I need some windows games, preferably free. They are for a 7 year old girl, for the
> premiere of the new family computer. Requisites: appropiate for her, and needing of
> the use of a gamepad. Platformers, learning games (even if they only use the mouse),
> maybe a cute fighter or shooter would be nice too (i.e. nothing too bloody and
> preferably without rotting zombies).
>
> The gamepad will be the "selling" point so the girl stops asking for a console. I
> know zilch-zero-nada of kid games so a helping hand and a starting point will be very
> appreciated. I will personally perform oral sex in exchange of this help. Under my
> conditions, of course
>
> TIA.

Make a batch file for MAME that runs Uo Poko. You'll have to teach her how to insert coins and start a game. Of course P1 coin and start should be mapped to somewhere on the gamepad. The game itself only uses a single button. I'm sure she'll love it, even more if you play it with her. If you only have one gamepad, map player two's button to the space bar.

You don't have to do me orally - I like pancakes though.

S

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#321439 - 02/04/14 08:54 PM

> I need some windows games, preferably free. They are for a 7 year old girl, for the
> premiere of the new family computer. Requisites: appropiate for her, and needing of
> the use of a gamepad. Platformers, learning games (even if they only use the mouse),
> maybe a cute fighter or shooter would be nice too (i.e. nothing too bloody and
> preferably without rotting zombies).
>
> The gamepad will be the "selling" point so the girl stops asking for a console. I
> know zilch-zero-nada of kid games so a helping hand and a starting point will be very
> appreciated. I will personally perform oral sex in exchange of this help. Under my
> conditions, of course
>
> TIA.

Maybe set up some console emulators and a selection of ROMs? You could make desktop shortcuts to pass the appropriate command line to launch a particular game. NES games in general are kid-friendly and still lots of fun. You'd have to be more careful with SNES and Genesis games, but they still have plenty that are appropriate.

amused
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/24/08
Send PM

#321502 - 02/05/14 11:51 PM

For shmups:

My Little Pegasus

Eden's Aegis

But for programs (educational and games), I loved the (now practically prehistoric) TI-99/4A that my dad got for my family. Some of its games just used the keyboard; others used a sort of 1-button joystick.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Gamer parents, help me pleeze new [Re: Hizzout]
#321503 - 02/06/14 01:19 AM

> My 6 year old loves to play Hamsterball but she plays using the trackball in my cab,
> but the game can be setup to use a mouse or gamepad.
>
> Not readlly educational, but cute, and teaches them coordination I suppose. Kind of
> like Marble Madness.
>
> The later levels are REALLY difficult. My daughter enjoys the first 5 levels or so.

Look pretty good on the graphics. I check the video out. At first I thought this in MAME. But after that I realize it a PC game.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 134 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1013