MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

freezesicle
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/29/11
Send PM

Using Sound Samples for Fire Shark and Vimana
#320384 - 01/14/14 10:48 PM

I know some of the Toaplan games have had sound implemented (Fixeight, V-Five, etc) but a few still remain without sound.

But I found samples available for sound emulation for those games.

My question is where can I find a version of Mame which can play the samples in-game?

Thanks!

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Using Sound Samples for Fire Shark and Vimana new [Re: freezesicle]
#320385 - 01/14/14 11:00 PM

> I know some of the Toaplan games have had sound implemented (Fixeight, V-Five, etc)
> but a few still remain without sound.
>
> But I found samples available for sound emulation for those games.
>
> My question is where can I find a version of Mame which can play the samples in-game?
>
> Thanks!

If memory serves, in your mame folder, create a folder called samples, then place the appropriate .wav files there.

That was the old way of doing it. I also remember there was ThunderMame, which had support for Toaplan sound using a samples folder, too.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Using Sound Samples for Fire Shark and Vimana new [Re: Master O]
#320388 - 01/14/14 11:35 PM

> > I know some of the Toaplan games have had sound implemented (Fixeight, V-Five, etc)
> > but a few still remain without sound.
> >
> > But I found samples available for sound emulation for those games.
> >
> > My question is where can I find a version of Mame which can play the samples
> in-game?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> If memory serves, in your mame folder, create a folder called samples, then place the
> appropriate .wav files there.
>
> That was the old way of doing it. I also remember there was XXXXXXXXXX, which had
> support for Toaplan sound using a samples folder, too.

If you life or death NEED have samples for the few Toaplan games left, use MAMEUIFX which I believe has support for the missing sound sample packs in its most current releases.

http://mame32fx.altervista.org/home.htm

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Using Sound Samples for Fire Shark and Vimana new [Re: Tafoid]
#320389 - 01/14/14 11:41 PM

> > > I know some of the Toaplan games have had sound implemented (Fixeight, V-Five,
> etc)
> > > but a few still remain without sound.
> > >
> > > But I found samples available for sound emulation for those games.
> > >
> > > My question is where can I find a version of Mame which can play the samples
> > in-game?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > If memory serves, in your mame folder, create a folder called samples, then place
> the
> > appropriate .wav files there.
> >
> > That was the old way of doing it. I also remember there was XXXXXXXXXX, which had
> > support for Toaplan sound using a samples folder, too.
>
> If you life or death NEED have samples for the few Toaplan games left, use MAMEUIFX
> which I believe has support for the missing sound sample packs in its most current
> releases.
>
> http://mame32fx.altervista.org/home.htm

Oh is T******Mame forbidden to be spoken of here?

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Using Sound Samples for Fire Shark and Vimana new [Re: Master O]
#320392 - 01/15/14 01:16 AM

> > > > I know some of the Toaplan games have had sound implemented (Fixeight, V-Five,
> > etc)
> > > > but a few still remain without sound.
> > > >
> > > > But I found samples available for sound emulation for those games.
> > > >
> > > > My question is where can I find a version of Mame which can play the samples
> > > in-game?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > If memory serves, in your mame folder, create a folder called samples, then place
> > the
> > > appropriate .wav files there.
> > >
> > > That was the old way of doing it. I also remember there was XXXXXXXXXX, which had
> > > support for Toaplan sound using a samples folder, too.
> >
> > If you life or death NEED have samples for the few Toaplan games left, use MAMEUIFX
> > which I believe has support for the missing sound sample packs in its most current
> > releases.
> >
> > http://mame32fx.altervista.org/home.htm
>
> Oh is T******Mame forbidden to be spoken of here?

I personally will not endorse or speak for any MAME build which cannot or refuses to use the latest released source code packages. Promoting such builds IMHO is a disservice to MAME.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 374 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5165