MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

360 Controller Keymapping
#320375 - 01/14/14 05:05 PM

Hi all.

Got a 360 controller working on my newly built PC but I'm trying to map the select and start buttons as a coin and the start button alone as a start button. I have both working but obviously the start button is always pressed with the coin and it's not something I'd like, I'd rather both pressed would only do the coin and the start only do start.

I've been testing this out in California speed and modifying the controller config file to see if the NOT action would work and tried this:

Code:

newseg type="standard">
JOYCODE_1_BUTTON_8 OR KEYCODE_1 NOT JOYCODE_1_7 JOYCODE_1_8

I still get the key combo recognised for the coin in but it doesn't block the start button. Can it be done or am I missing something? thanks

Edited by Naoki (01/14/14 05:05 PM)

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

Quantum Leaper
OCRer and Monkey Typist for Galaxy Game
Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Orion spiral arm of the Milky Way
Send PM

Re: 360 Controller Keymapping new [Re: Naoki]
#320386 - 01/14/14 11:14 PM Attachment: Xbox360_2.zip 1 KB (1 downloads)

> Hi all.
>
> Got a 360 controller working on my newly built PC but I'm trying to map the select
> and start buttons as a coin and the start button alone as a start button. I have both
> working but obviously the start button is always pressed with the coin and it's not
> something I'd like, I'd rather both pressed would only do the coin and the start only
> do start.
>
> I've been testing this out in California speed and modifying the controller config
> file to see if the NOT action would work and tried this:
> newseg type="standard">
> JOYCODE_1_BUTTON_8 OR KEYCODE_1 NOT JOYCODE_1_7 JOYCODE_1_8
> > I still get the key combo recognised for the coin in but it doesn't block the start
> button. Can it be done or am I missing something? thanks

I used to use my 360 wireless all the time with MAME and other games.

port tag="SYSTEM" type="START1" mask="4" defvalue="0">
newseq type="standard">
KEYCODE_1 OR KEYCODE_F KEYCODE_X OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON8
/newseq>
/port>

It the command I used to use to start the games, the problem is I don't know if it will still work or not, I only very recently got a working 360 wireless controller again. I even got the old one to work by switching battery compartments, battery exploded. So I just have to replace the battery holder, which is 2.99 online or so. I haven't tried the 360 cfg in a few years, but I will see what I need to change if anything to get it to work again.

I will also include the full mapping I used, be warned I haven't used in years.

Edited by Quantum Leaper (01/14/14 11:17 PM)

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: 360 Controller Keymapping new [Re: Quantum Leaper]
#320387 - 01/14/14 11:25 PM

> > Hi all.
> >
> > Got a 360 controller working on my newly built PC but I'm trying to map the select
> > and start buttons as a coin and the start button alone as a start button. I have
> both
> > working but obviously the start button is always pressed with the coin and it's not
> > something I'd like, I'd rather both pressed would only do the coin and the start
> only
> > do start.
> >
> > I've been testing this out in California speed and modifying the controller config
> > file to see if the NOT action would work and tried this:
> > newseg type="standard">
> > JOYCODE_1_BUTTON_8 OR KEYCODE_1 NOT JOYCODE_1_7 JOYCODE_1_8
> > > > I still get the key combo recognised for the coin in but it doesn't block the start
> > button. Can it be done or am I missing something? thanks
>
>
> I used to use my 360 wireless all the time with MAME and other games.
>
> port tag="SYSTEM" type="START1" mask="4" defvalue="0">
> newseq type="standard">
> KEYCODE_1 OR KEYCODE_F KEYCODE_X OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON8
> /newseq>
> /port>
>
> It the command I used to use to start the games, the problem is I don't know if it
> will still work or not, I only very recently got a working 360 wireless controller
> again. I even got the old one to work by switching battery compartments, battery
> exploded. So I just have to replace the battery holder, which is 2.99 online or so. I
> haven't tried the 360 cfg in a few years, but I will see what I need to change if
> anything to get it to work again.
>
> I will also include the full mapping I used, be warned I haven't used in years.

It's not using them in MAME, that works fine but rather making it so it ignored a button if a certain other was pressed, so like the start button in MAME wouldn't be pressed if select and start on the controller were pressed

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 282 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1001