View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Reged: 10/01/03
Send PM

picked up another old gaming console
#320229 - 01/12/14 05:00 AM

Got a old gaming console called a arcadia 2001 along with 10 games. After a little cleaning it works grreat! Amother console to add to my collection. Once i can figure out how to connect all my consoles to my flat screen i would like to set them all up. I need to come up with a multi switch for the av cable connections first. I have the following consoles i need to conect.
Arcadia 2001
Atari 2600
Colecovision
Nes
Snes
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Sega master system (no games for this yet)
Sega genesis
Saturn
Dreamcast ( 1 of my favs )
Ps1
Ps2
Ps3
Xbox
Xbox360
As you can see i have a whole lot i wanna connect to my poor tv. Any idea's how i can connect all of thesr without crawling behind my tv all the time ?

Only here to annoy...

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: picked up another old gaming console new [Re: Renegade]
#320230 - 01/12/14 05:17 AM

Conspicuously missing an Intellivision.

Great collection!

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#320237 - 01/12/14 06:08 AM

> Sega master system (no games for this yet)

You don't have one with 2 games built in?

The one I had had Hang-On and Safari Hunt, but other versions had some kind of maze game and/or something else.

Or perhaps you mean no OTHER games for it...?

edit: Thanks Vas

Edited by Tomu Breidah (01/12/14 10:34 AM)

LEVEL-4

jibmums
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/24/09
Send PM

Re: picked up another old gaming console new [Re: GatKong]
#320240 - 01/12/14 06:28 AM

> Conspicuously missing an Intellivision.

And a Magnavox Odyssey as well.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: picked up another old gaming console new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#320242 - 01/12/14 06:30 AM

> > Sega master system (no games for this yet)
>
>
> You don't have one with 2 games built in?
>
>
> The one I had had Hang-On and Jungle Hunt, but other versions had some kind of maze
> game and/or something else.
>
>
> Or perhaps you mean no OTHER games for it...?

1st-gen Master System has a maze game only. 2nd-gen Master System has Hang-On and Safari Hunt selectable, and maze game as a hidden extra (at selection screen, hold up and repeatedly hit 1+2 to access it). Master System II has Alex Kidd in Miracle World.

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Send PM

Re: picked up another old gaming console new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#320245 - 01/12/14 07:05 AM

Cool i will have to try it to see what it has gor built in games.

Yeah i will add other consoles as i find them. Had a jaguar cartridge system but games are both hard to find and expensive so i got rid of it now i kinda wish i had kept it.

Once i figure out how to hook it all up my next big problem will be storing and organizing all my games. Over 150 ps2, 140 so far for the snes, over 120 for the nes and so on..... but one day ....;-)

Only here to annoy...

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#320253 - 01/12/14 09:06 AM

> Cool i will have to try it to see what it has gor built in games.
>
> Yeah i will add other consoles as i find them. Had a jaguar cartridge system but
> games are both hard to find and expensive so i got rid of it now i kinda wish i had
> kept it.
>
> Once i figure out how to hook it all up my next big problem will be storing and
> organizing all my games. Over 150 ps2, 140 so far for the snes, over 120 for the nes
> and so on..... but one day ....;-)

A couple of these against a wall turns any room into a media/gaming room. I only bought one.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#320256 - 01/12/14 10:09 AM

You need to buy 3 switches and daisy chain them. Say you have a box with 4 switches, output to the TV, 3 of those consoles, and the 4th input is where you hook up the output of another switch.

I don't see a way of avoiding a cluttered looking entertainment center. Some of those need RF>RCA converters, no?

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Send PM

Re: picked up another old gaming console new [Re: TriggerFin]
#320285 - 01/12/14 06:32 PM

Those are really cool. I will have to check into getting a couple of them.

Only here to annoy...

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Send PM

Re: picked up another old gaming console new [Re: URherenow]
#320286 - 01/12/14 06:46 PM

Yeah i dont see away around daisy chains, i hate that. I thought about building a box with rca jacks hooked up with a slide where i could slide up or down the box to each seperate rca hookup.

And yes several are rca converters. Another set of connections to deal with.

Only here to annoy...

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Newport, RI
Send PM

#320294 - 01/12/14 09:42 PM

> Amother console to add to my collection.

A Freudian slip?

www.randyrobbinsmusic.com
RandyRobbinsMusic on Facebook

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

#320298 - 01/12/14 11:14 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Atlantic-35435725-Media-Tower-BluRay/dp/B0058O8ES8

I have 5 of these (in black). They are pretty good. Just keep in mind you have to put them together. They are particle board. So when putting them together be careful when you screw the backs on you can cause the laminate to come off. Have a bit of wood glue on hand to fix any mistakes. I also glued the shelves on as they are lose and held on with friction.

The other unit is cd for the top part and vhs for the bottom. The one I have is all DVD except for the very top shelf. So keep in mind what you are stacking in them. If you have a boatload of dvd/bluray/ps2/ps3/xbox/master system/genesis boxes you may be better off with the one I got. If you have tons of ps1/nes (nobox)/cds you may be better off with the first one.

If there had been one of these closer I would have got the 84 inch ver of this instead.
http://www.furniturerow.com/OakExpress/Axis-Bookcases/Axis-36%22-Bookcase/prod120178/

You may also want to consider a vertical shelf to hold all of that if you are going to plug it all up. Something like this
http://www.amazon.com/Furinno-99132EX-BK-Display-Espresso/dp/B004S6L2WW

That way it is easy to get behind it and run wires easily. Just zip tie them to the frame and it should look nice.

Edited by lharms (01/12/14 11:17 PM)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: picked up another old gaming console new [Re: lharms]
#320303 - 01/13/14 12:04 AM

> http://www.amazon.com/Atlantic-35435725-Media-Tower-BluRay/dp/B0058O8ES8
>
> I have 5 of these (in black). They are pretty good. Just keep in mind you have to put
> them together. They are particle board. So when putting them together be careful when
> you screw the backs on you can cause the laminate to come off. Have a bit of wood
> glue on hand to fix any mistakes. I also glued the shelves on as they are lose and
> held on with friction.
>
> The other unit is cd for the top part and vhs for the bottom. The one I have is all
> DVD except for the very top shelf. So keep in mind what you are stacking in them. If
> you have a boatload of dvd/bluray/ps2/ps3/xbox/master system/genesis boxes you may be
> better off with the one I got. If you have tons of ps1/nes (nobox)/cds you may be
> better off with the first one.

Maybe not exactly the thing I bought (my purchase links to an item only available from third party for over $9000!). All my shelves adjust, and rest on pegs, except maybe a row in the middle (not looking at it just now). I have half of the left side set up for CDs, with DVDs on the rest of it, except the bottom, where I have PC software boxes on... 4 shelves, I think. I'd have bought a second if I didn't already own a penguin (shorter rack, rods for shelves). Two the same would be nicer.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 313 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1180