MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

10,607 pieces
#319624 - 01/02/14 04:29 AM

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/12/26/...ece_collection/

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: 10,607 pieces new [Re: Andrew]
#319631 - 01/02/14 05:30 AM

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/12/26/...ece_collection/

Damn. That's what happens to a boy when his parents force him to look at a useless Cosmic Avenger cart for an entire year.

When my parents got me my first drumkit, their initial plan was to give me one piece each Christmas and anniversary!
When they got divorced in 1984 and I went to live with my dad, he gave me the rest of the kit at once. So at least I had that.

lol

S

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: 10,607 pieces new [Re: Sune]
#319634 - 01/02/14 06:09 AM

> >
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/12/26/...ece_collection/
>
> Damn. That's what happens to a boy when his parents force him to look at a useless
> Cosmic Avenger cart for an entire year.

I got Rush's Roll the Bones on CD from my uncle about 3 months before I got a CD player. I never knew for sure if he knew I'd be getting one for Christmas or if he just bought the CD without checking first to see if I had a way to play it.

> When my parents got me my first drumkit, their initial plan was to give me one piece
> each Christmas and anniversary!
> When they got divorced in 1984 and I went to live with my dad, he gave me the rest of
> the kit at once. So at least I had that.

That's pretty messed up. It'd be 3 - 4 occasions before you could even do anything useful with it.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: 10,607 pieces new [Re: DMala]
#319635 - 01/02/14 06:18 AM

> I got Rush's Roll the Bones on CD from my uncle about 3 months before I got a CD
> player. I never knew for sure if he knew I'd be getting one for Christmas or if he
> just bought the CD without checking first to see if I had a way to play it.

Yay, a CD..! uhhh?

> > When my parents got me my first drumkit, their initial plan was to give me one
> > piece each Christmas and anniversary!
>
> That's pretty messed up. It'd be 3 - 4 occasions before you could even do anything
> useful with it.

I guess they were happy that they wouldn't have to buy me any presents for the next 5-6 odd years lol

I can't recall which piece I got first, I think it was the snare drum. My dad is a musician too so he wasn't completely ignorant about it. But I don't remember what piece I got next.. bass drum without the pedal? Hihat stand without the cymbals? lol

They had "hidden" the whole kit in a compartment between the roof and the rooms on the top floor of the house, I remember being home alone, taking out everything and putting it together to play.

S

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 291 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1233