MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Jdurgi
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: NEW England, CT
Send PM

Another football season is over...
#319469 - 12/30/13 07:27 AM

Every year, my buddy does a football pool and sets up the website, the picks, etc. etc. It's $40 to enter, and well worth it. If you win a single week, you get $70. If you finish in the top 25 you get at least $75. If you finish in the number one spot, you get about $1,500 based on the 150 or so people who play each year. Also, if you finish in last place and submitted picks every single week, you get $100. Last year, I was doing HORRIBLE after Week 5, so I decided to try and get the last place prize. I was doing well, but in week 16 I screwed up and won the week. So at least I got $70. I still wanted to finish last though. That last week, it came down to the Dallas/Washington game. I needed Dallas to not cover the spread, and they were indeed covering the spread until Tony Romo threw a pick-six late in the game. That gave me the win.

This year, I was doing okay. The past few weeks, however, I started having trouble. I was ranked 20th going into this week, but after the morning games I was only 3-5 and ranked 30th. Barring a great afternoon, I'd be out of the money and getting nothing. Well, the afternoon was good for me. I went 5-2 in the afternoon. If I was to make money, I needed Dallas to win, or lose by 7 points or less. Once again, it came down to a Dallas game to determine my fate. Late in the game, Dallas was covering. If a pick-six happened again, I was screwed. With Romo out, I felt confident. But very late, Orton threw an interception. However, it wasn't a pick-six and Philly just kneeled and the gamed was over. I won. I finished in 21st and am getting $75. A profit of $35 this year. AWESOME! :-)

--------------------------------------------------
I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

<insert Grumpy Cat pic> Good! [nt] new [Re: Jdurgi]
#319474 - 12/30/13 10:02 AM

tl;dr

LEVEL-4

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

FTFY new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#319483 - 12/30/13 03:20 PM Attachment: gcgood.png 66 KB (0 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
1 registered and 198 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 899