Pages: 1

Eaton
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/19/13
Send PM

Mame and USB Joypad
#318968 - 12/19/13 03:59 PM

Hello all.

Mods, if i have this post in the wrong forum them forgive me and action it appropiatley.

Just getting back into mame and CPS system. even been customising a front end for Maximus Arcade. However i have stumbled across a problem

My USB joypad (nothing special - uses standard windows drivers) is not being picked up on some games like Aliens. when doing the game input, Mame or the respective game do not register the input i give. So i have to use the keyboard instead. I have managed to get Killer Instinct working with the controls but i have no idea as to wy the others wont.

Can anyonw give advice or assist?

Thanks

Eaton

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Mame and USB Joypad new [Re: Eaton]
#318972 - 12/19/13 04:52 PM

> Hello all.
>
> Mods, if i have this post in the wrong forum them forgive me and action it
> appropiatley.
>
> Just getting back into mame and CPS system. even been customising a front end for
> Maximus Arcade. However i have stumbled across a problem
>
> My USB joypad (nothing special - uses standard windows drivers) is not being picked
> up on some games like Aliens. when doing the game input, Mame or the respective game
> do not register the input i give. So i have to use the keyboard instead. I have
> managed to get Killer Instinct working with the controls but i have no idea as to wy
> the others wont.
>
> Can anyonw give advice or assist?
>
> Thanks
>
> Eaton

Normally you'd:

1) Start mame from the commandline with the -joystick switch (or make sure that joystick option is selected in your frontend).

example: mame puckman -joystick

2) Once the game starts, press Tab, then select "Input (This Game)."

3) Select the specific input you want to configure and press enter. Press the button on your gamepad to set that input (left, right, up, down, etc).

4) Repeat step 3 for each input.

Do all of the above, if possible, for the frontend you're using. I'm just giving an educated guess.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 488 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1001