MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

2 Problems with Suzuka 8 Hours series
#318167 - 12/03/13 05:33 PM

Firstly, I get no attract mode audio, I distinctly remember the last suzuka 8 hours cabinet I saw having attract mode audio, can anyone tell me if I am wrong and there was no attract mode audio, if I am right and there was but its broken because of an emulation issue or if I am right and its not working because there is something I need to set in the service mode or dip switches?

Secondly, when I start the game, I get no music either, just a buzzing noise that I assume is supposed to be a motorbike engine but which doesn't sound right to me (and from my memories of the last time I saw a Suzuka 8 Hours cabinet in action), is this an emulation issue, a bug, a setting on my end or is that how the thing is supposed to sound?

This is with the latest MAME and the matching rom sets.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: 2 Problems with Suzuka 8 Hours series new [Re: jonwil]
#318168 - 12/03/13 05:56 PM

> Firstly, I get no attract mode audio, I distinctly remember the last suzuka 8 hours
> cabinet I saw having attract mode audio, can anyone tell me if I am wrong and there
> was no attract mode audio, if I am right and there was but its broken because of an
> emulation issue or if I am right and its not working because there is something I
> need to set in the service mode or dip switches?
>
> Secondly, when I start the game, I get no music either, just a buzzing noise that I
> assume is supposed to be a motorbike engine but which doesn't sound right to me (and
> from my memories of the last time I saw a Suzuka 8 Hours cabinet in action), is this
> an emulation issue, a bug, a setting on my end or is that how the thing is supposed
> to sound?
>
> This is with the latest MAME and the matching rom sets.

You see the emulation screen when you start that you have to type OK to.. a message regarding not 100%. There is a fair amount to the game that is not emulated correctly at the moment.

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=2778 - Engine Buzz
http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=775 - Missing music, ironically observed by you many years back.

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

Re: 2 Problems with Suzuka 8 Hours series new [Re: Tafoid]
#318198 - 12/04/13 07:57 AM

Thanks for the info, I totally forgot that I submitted that bug before
I wonder if the sound issues are because of chips that haven't yet been decapped (and are hence being simulated rather than emulated) or because of emulation problems...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 484 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1505