MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Urgh. This "diner" needs to cut 50% off prices and 66% off portions.
#315674 - 10/11/13 02:08 AM

Order meatloaf.

3 steak-sized slabs of dense ground beef (could stand some add-ins), plus salad, veg, potato, soup, and bread.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Urgh. This "diner" needs to cut 50% off prices and 66% off portions. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#315685 - 10/11/13 07:07 AM

> Order meatloaf.
>
> 3 steak-sized slabs of dense ground beef (could stand some add-ins), plus salad, veg,
> potato, soup, and bread.

I like good hearty portions, but a lot of places go nuts with it. The lunch place near my office tends to do that. They have meals that are usually rice, protein, and salad or vegetable, but they shovel a pound and a half of rice into the container. It's like, if I eat all of that, I'm going to be in a coma at my desk for the next two hours.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Re: Urgh. This "diner" needs to cut 50% off prices and 66% off portions. new [Re: DMala]
#315687 - 10/11/13 07:19 AM

> > Order meatloaf.
> >
> > 3 steak-sized slabs of dense ground beef (could stand some add-ins), plus salad, veg,
> > potato, soup, and bread.
>
> I like good hearty portions, but a lot of places go nuts with it. The lunch place
> near my office tends to do that. They have meals that are usually rice, protein, and
> salad or vegetable, but they shovel a pound and a half of rice into the container.
> It's like, if I eat all of that, I'm going to be in a coma at my desk for the next
> two hours.

It's the American way on three counts: over-consumption, wastage, and a chance at weight gain. Changing it would be unpatriotic.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Urgh. This "diner" needs to cut 50% off prices and 66% off portions. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#315692 - 10/11/13 11:12 AM

> Order meatloaf.
>
> 3 steak-sized slabs of dense ground beef (could stand some add-ins), plus salad, veg,

Back in the 80's there was this (kinda) hillbilly type/themed restaurant... Country Kin it seems like it was called. Maybe it was spelled with a 'K' (not a 'C'), but I can't find any evidence on the net, I know it wasn't Country Kitchen. Think of Lambert's Cafe, just less... showy.

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever forget it. Lots Too much to eat... We even ordered fries and they brought out what must've been an almost 12" diameter platter piled with fries!

Edited by Tomu Breidah (10/11/13 11:21 AM)

LEVEL-4

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Urgh. This "diner" needs to cut 50% off prices and 66% off portions. new [Re: Matty_]
#315695 - 10/11/13 12:02 PM

> It's the American way on three counts: over-consumption, wastage, and a chance at
> weight gain. Changing it would be unpatriotic.

Halving the portion size wouldn't allow them to halve their prices. They still have to pay the same amount of rent and wages.

Some people are naturally greedy, so if they see that for an extra $1 they can get double the food they'll do it even though they don't need all that food.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Urgh. This "diner" needs to cut 50% off prices and 66% off portions. new [Re: Matty_]
#315704 - 10/11/13 03:21 PM

> It's the American way on three counts: over-consumption, wastage, and a chance at
> weight gain. Changing it would be unpatriotic.

Gravy pipe...

LEVEL-4

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#315717 - 10/11/13 11:19 PM

> Order meatloaf.
>

You don't have to eat it all. At once.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1279