Pages: 1

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Done with Fez
#315040 - 09/25/13 10:19 AM

Platforming: Mostly excellent. Sometimes certain platforms aren't quite there, and you fall through. Usually not a problem, as you've got infinite lives and the game puts you back on the last bit of solid ground you were on. There are a few timed jumping puzzles, but only one really got to me. I only beat that one through use of a "cheat" you may find while randomly pushing buttons.

Non-platforming puzzles: Outside the next section, there's one room with a "meta" puzzle. You can play for weeks before solving it, because that's how long it takes. You can speed that up, though, once you work out the solution.

Cryptography: There are three character sets used in the game, one of which has multiple "dialects." All three have rooms intended to teach you the languages. The most obvious one is the last one I found, leaving me running through completed rooms looking for the others. I'd already worked that one out long before.
Two of the character sets are written as though the game were rotated counter-clockwise. The other... might not be.

Some of these puzzles are less than fair. One involves beating the game, playing again, writing down the codes from multiple rooms, and combining parts of those codes in different ways to solve the rooms involved. Another, which I finally had to research on the internet, has no legitimate in-game solution at all, and was solved by brute force well before anyone came up with a ludicrously convoluted explanation of how you might, given enough time and knowledge of the game's release date, get that solution. Since it's optional, and doesn't do anything but finish an "Easter egg" room, I left it undone. One room remains white on my map.

So, yeah. Good game. Flawed.

Someone (in a post deleted for undisclosed reasons) asked what I thought of the ending.
Of both the 100%+ and 200%+ endings, I'll say:
Strip away any pseudo-philosophical crap interpretation that might attach to them; they're just a series of pretty animations.

Edited by TriggerFin (09/25/13 10:24 AM)

jibmums
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/24/09
Send PM

Almost done with Fez new [Re: TriggerFin]
#315042 - 09/25/13 01:40 PM

Agree with you on all counts. I had to do a lot of googling/cheating to figure things out, although I don't usually have an "instant gratification" nature like that. I think I am forever stuck on being "almost" finished though, the lone room left that is not gold/finished will not let me acquire the last anticube, so if I want to finish I'll have to start anew. Bastards!

Fez was worth playing just for the music alone, which overall was very good and in certain locations was amazing.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Spoilers ahead. new [Re: jibmums]
#315045 - 09/25/13 05:48 PM Attachment: FezMap180rot.png 148 KB (0 downloads)

> Agree with you on all counts. I had to do a lot of googling/cheating to figure things
> out, although I don't usually have an "instant gratification" nature like that. I
> think I am forever stuck on being "almost" finished though, the lone room left that
> is not gold/finished will not let me acquire the last anticube, so if I want to
> finish I'll have to start anew. Bastards!
>
> Fez was worth playing just for the music alone, which overall was very good and in
> certain locations was amazing.

Which room is this? The last anti-cube I needed was in the lava area, racing against rising lava. That was the room BEFORE the one that actually had it, so it was two rooms. (Solved with a series of 5 button presses.)
Not having 64 cubes also means not opening the 64-door and entering the room behind it, which is another two rooms.
What I'm saying is, are you sure you're not missing something?

(rotated 180 to fit in screen)

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Edited by TriggerFin (09/25/13 05:55 PM)

Zephyr
Arkannoying
Loc: U.S.A.
Send PM

LOL. Thought you said Faz new [Re: TriggerFin]
#315055 - 09/26/13 03:51 AM Attachment: fazvolleyball.jpg 212 KB (0 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

1-2-3---4---5---6-7-8--9--10---11---12

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

LOL. Thought you said Sez new [Re: TriggerFin]
#315057 - 09/26/13 07:34 AM Attachment: linkgiggle.png 32 KB (0 downloads)

oh yeah, nt.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Edited by Tomu Breidah (09/26/13 07:36 AM)

LEVEL-4

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

LOL. Thought you said Pez new [Re: TriggerFin]
#315058 - 09/26/13 07:43 AM Attachment: tweety cwap.jpg 25 KB (0 downloads)

last 1, I swear.
Sorry Zephyr.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Edited by Tomu Breidah (09/26/13 07:44 AM)

LEVEL-4

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

LOL. Thought you said Paz new [Re: TriggerFin]
#315065 - 09/26/13 04:48 PM Attachment: WhenSaintsMeet.gif 1007 KB (0 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

jibmums
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/24/09
Send PM

Re: Spoilers ahead. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#315066 - 09/26/13 05:03 PM

I'm 99.9% sure I know where the problem is, although since the PC version of Fez is kinda buggy, I can't be absolutely positive. I have all artifacts, 32 cubes, and only the one anticube left to go. The only that is not gold/finished is the telescope/observatory. In that room you are supposed to acquire one red "heart" cube and one anticube. I entered the code and acquired the red cube, and then for whatever reason (I think I was bleary-eyed from it being very late) I did it again and got a second red cube. However, when I then entered the code for the anticube, NOTHING happens. I have literally tried entering that code over a hundred times now, several versions of it in fact because depending on what source you get it from, it starts on a different button, although I have looped it so that shouldn't matter. I think I just screwed something in getting the second red heart in that room, and will have to start Fez from the beginning if I want to complete it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 117 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2159