View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

Command.dat has been updated
#315037 - 09/25/13 08:25 AM Attachment: Chinese Command (9-23-2013).7z 1297 KB (17 downloads)

Chinese Command.dat (9-23-2013) has been released. This is the only Command.dat that is actively still developed and updated. Users who are illiterate in the Chinese language will still be able to find these Command.dat files useful. For instance, you obviously won't be able to read what a fighter's special move is titled, but you will be able to understand how to execute the special move. The official Command.dat, by Procyon Lotor, hasn't been updated in 6 years. So you can only imagine how many more games and special moves have been added since then that's included in this updated Chinese Command.dat.

The download contains two Command.dat files:

• Chinese Simplified Command.dat
  • Chinese Traditional Command.dat

Source: http://f.ppxclub.com/130735-1-1

Download: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=678409007&uk=1075412871

I will also upload the file as an attachment in this post for easy download access. I hope you enjoy

For those who don't know... What is Command.dat? The following is taken from the original Command.dat's official website:

Quote:

The Command.dat is a file that allows you to view, among other things, the individual command lists for your favorite fighting game characters. Say you're playing Street Fighter II and you don't know how to do Ryu's dragon punch move. Or say you have a friend over who has always wanted to try playing as Terry Bogard in King of Fighters 2000, but doesn't know the moves. With the Command.dat, you can have an in game instruction manual to essentially every game that MAME supports.

Source: http://home.comcast.net/~plotor/

• Big Karnak
    Part-time Lurker
    Send PM

Re: Command.dat (9-23-2013) released new [Re: Big Karnak]
    #315038 - 09/25/13 08:33 AM

Should I even bother posting these Command.dat updates? It doesn't seem like anyone really cares about this obscure update that I found in an underground community.

Mr. DoAdministrator
    MAME Art Editor
    Reged: 09/21/03
    Loc: California
    Send PM

#315041 - 09/25/13 10:25 AM

> Should I even bother posting these Command.dat updates? It doesn't seem like anyone
    > really cares about this obscure update that I found in an underground community.

Seriously? You posted the news at 2:30am EST. Probably 90%+ of the people that frequent here are asleep. How many replies/downloads did you expect to have in eight minutes?

If you're doing it in the hopes that it will be useful to at least one person, and you'll feel better about yourself because you helped that one person (or more), then absolutely, keep posting it.

But if you're doing it for the recognition of doing it, and expecting a bunch of thank you replies and such, well, I don't know what to tell you.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Big Karnak
    Part-time Lurker
    Send PM

Re: Command.dat (9-23-2013) released new [Re: Mr. Do]
    #315059 - 09/26/13 08:25 AM

Quote:

Seriously? You posted the news at 2:30am EST. Probably 90%+ of the people that frequent here are asleep. How many replies/downloads did you expect to have in eight minutes?

My post wasn't based on this lone update. It was based on posting numerous times whenever this file gets updated. I would have thought the posting after just 8 minutes (it would have been even less had I not gotten an email popup notification), showed that it wasn't based on this lone update. Did you really think at 2:30 in the morning, after a mere 8 minutes, I was thinking 'arghhh why isn't anyone replying/downloading?!', lol.

Quote:

If you're doing it in the hopes that it will be useful to at least one person, and you'll feel better about yourself because you helped that one person (or more), then absolutely, keep posting it.

But if you're doing it for the recognition of doing it, and expecting a bunch of thank you replies and such, well, I don't know what to tell you.

The former. That's why I post it. I was just seeing if anyone even uses it since nobody has ever said anything, but most of all that it's basically one of the only updates posted here that doesn't get posted about on emulation news websites, such as EmuCR, Try2Emu, Emu-France, etc. Maybe they exclude it for a reason. So maybe nobody uses it and therefore not worth me posting about. That's all I meant. I'll continue to do so I guess though.

B2K24
    MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
    Reged: 10/25/10
    Send PM

#315060 - 09/26/13 08:59 AM

Perhaps if someone could translate it to English...

RATMNL
    Patron Saint of the Totally F*cked
    Reged: 02/02/13
    Loc: 026, NL
    Send PM

Re: Command.dat (9-23-2013) released new [Re: B2K24]
    #315063 - 09/26/13 01:47 PM

Yeah.. it's in chinese.. If in english, I'd Thank you the hell out of it!

"Those voices in his head might not be real, but they have really good ideas!"

Mamesick
    Troll Lamer
    Loc: Italy
    Send PM

Re: Command.dat (9-23-2013) released new [Re: RATMNL]
    #315075 - 09/26/13 10:19 PM

I would be proud to add support to this file to my MAMEUIFX if only two things would happens:
    1)The file is completely translated to english.
    2)The file is completely converted to plain ASCII chars, to allow it to be displayed in the interface (I mean: the HISTORY.DAT section of the GUI) and not in-game pressing TAB key. I always found quite ugly have to pause a frenetic fight, read the instructions for a special move and then come back to play... In my opinion, have it displayed in the GUI when you're also reading other useful infos about the game you're going to play would be a LOT better. Though I know it would be a huge tedious work, just imagine to convert the special char used in the datafile to describe a move to something like : ↗❶ (which would mean upright+button 1)............

Edited by Mamesick (09/26/13 10:21 PM)

Vas Crabb
    BOFH
    Reged: 12/13/05
    Loc: Melbourne, Australia
    Send PM

Re: Command.dat (9-23-2013) released new [Re: Mamesick]
    #315082 - 09/26/13 11:58 PM

> I would be proud to add support to this file to my MAMEUIFX if only two things would
    > happens:
    > 1)The file is completely translated to english.
    > 2)The file is completely converted to plain ASCII chars, to allow it to be displayed
    > in the interface (I mean: the HISTORY.DAT section of the GUI) and not in-game
    > pressing TAB key. I always found quite ugly have to pause a frenetic fight, read the
    > instructions for a special move and then come back to play... In my opinion, have it
    > displayed in the GUI when you're also reading other useful infos about the game
    > you're going to play would be a LOT better. Though I know it would be a huge tedious
    > work, just imagine to convert the special char used in the datafile to describe a
    > move to something like : ↗❶ (which would mean upright+button
    > 1)............

How about adding support for Chinese to your hacked MAME instead?

Mamesick
    Troll Lamer
    Send PM

Re: Command.dat (9-23-2013) released new [Re: Vas Crabb]
    #315094 - 09/27/13 07:26 AM

> > I would be proud to add support to this file to my MAMEUIFX if only two things
    > would
    > > happens:
    > > 1)The file is completely translated to english.
    > > 2)The file is completely converted to plain ASCII chars, to allow it to be
    > displayed
    > > in the interface (I mean: the HISTORY.DAT section of the GUI) and not in-game
    > > pressing TAB key. I always found quite ugly have to pause a frenetic fight, read
    > the
    > > instructions for a special move and then come back to play... In my opinion, have
    > it
    > > displayed in the GUI when you're also reading other useful infos about the game
    > > you're going to play would be a LOT better. Though I know it would be a huge
    > tedious
    > > work, just imagine to convert the special char used in the datafile to describe a
    > > move to something like : ↗❶ (which would mean upright+button
    > > 1)............
    >
    > How about adding support for Chinese to your hacked MAME instead?

How about avoid to post useless replies instead? I alread explained why not. If you don't understand what you read, it's not my fault.

Edited by Mamesick (09/27/13 07:29 AM)

Matty_
    Part-time troll
    Reged: 01/25/08
    Send PM

#315096 - 09/27/13 07:52 AM

> > How about adding support for Chinese to your hacked MAME instead?
    >
    > How about avoid to post useless replies instead? I alread explained why not. If you
    > don't understand what you read, it's not my fault.

No you didn't. All you said was "The file is completely converted to plain ASCII chars, to allow it to be displayed in the interface" which just sounds like you want to avoid anything that looks like work. You should add support for Chinese and displaying command.dat format or just shut up, rather than expecting other people to degrade their work to suit you.

Mamesick
    Troll Lamer
    Send PM

Re: Command.dat (9-23-2013) released new [Re: Matty_]
    #315097 - 09/27/13 08:05 AM

> > > How about adding support for Chinese to your hacked MAME instead?
    > >
    > > How about avoid to post useless replies instead? I alread explained why not. If you
    > > don't understand what you read, it's not my fault.
    >
    > No you didn't. All you said was "The file is completely converted to plain ASCII
    > chars, to allow it to be displayed in the interface" which just sounds like you want
    > to avoid anything that looks like work. You should add support for Chinese and
    > displaying command.dat format or just shut up, rather than expecting other people to
    > degrade their work to suit you.

Oh... at this point I obey... PART-TIME TROLL. I'll shut up forever and leave to people like you the freedom... Perhaps with your USEFUL contribute now command.dat will exit from its niche status and will be adopted in official MAME too.

Matty_
    Part-time troll
    Send PM

#315098 - 09/27/13 08:10 AM

> Oh... at this point I obey... PART-TIME TROLL. I'll shut up forever and leave to
    > people like you the freedom... Perhaps with your USEFUL contribute now command.dat
    > will exit from its niche status and will be adopted in official MAME too.

Good, if you shut up forever that will be one less hacked MAME based on the festering MAMEUI codebase polluting the ecosystem. I appreciate Chinese command.dat for what it is, and don't want it mangled to suit the likes of you.

Mamesick
    Troll Lamer
    Send PM

#315099 - 09/27/13 08:13 AM Attachment: funny-quotes-about-music.jpg 304 KB (1 downloads)

> > Oh... at this point I obey... PART-TIME TROLL. I'll shut up forever and leave to
    > > people like you the freedom... Perhaps with your USEFUL contribute now command.dat
    > > will exit from its niche status and will be adopted in official MAME too.
    >
    > Good, if you shut up forever that will be one less hacked MAME based on the festering
    > MAMEUI codebase polluting the ecosystem. I appreciate Chinese command.dat for what it
    > is, and don't want it mangled to suit the likes of you.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

B2K24
    MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
    Reged: 10/25/10
    Send PM

#315102 - 09/27/13 09:13 AM

I like Andrew's pictures better

Big Karnak
    Part-time Lurker
    Send PM

#315126 - 09/28/13 01:02 PM

Quote:

I would be proud to add support to this file to my MAMEUIFX if only two things would happens:

1)The file is completely translated to english.
    2)The file is completely converted to plain ASCII chars, to allow it to be displayed in the interface (I mean: the HISTORY.DAT section of the GUI) and not in-game pressing TAB key.

I always found quite ugly have to pause a frenetic fight, read the instructions for a special move and then come back to play... In my opinion, have it displayed in the GUI when you're also reading other useful infos about the game you're going to play would be a LOT better. Though I know it would be a huge tedious work, just imagine to convert the special char used in the datafile to describe a
    move to something like : ↗❶ (which would mean upright + button 1)............

This may be possible!!! The derivative M+GUI has this feature that allows you to view the Command list in the interface (the history.dat section of the GUI). You have to first enable it by clicking the Toolbar > View > Game Documents > Command. So can't you just copy and past that part of the source code into MAMEUIFX? (I'm sure it's probably a little bit more to it than that, but ya know what I mean.) What do you think?

Download M+GUI 1.5.7 and the source code:

Info:
    http://www.ppxclub.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=600675

Binaries and Source Code:
    http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=553076&uk=1947043929

Binary Mirror:
    http://www.emucr.com/2013/05/mgui-v157.html

Mamesick
    Troll Lamer
    Send PM

#315135 - 09/28/13 09:57 PM

Really really interesting. I'll have a look at M+GUI even if it's written in QT language if I remember correctly.

apeman
    Surfer
    Reged: 09/22/03
    Loc: HI
    Send PM

#315137 - 09/29/13 03:17 AM

> Good, if you shut up forever that will be one less hacked MAME based on the festering
    > MAMEUI codebase polluting the ecosystem.

MAMEFX is a lot more than just a "hacked MAME"... and it came up with a bunch of (mostly UI) improvements before I saw them anywhere else.

On the other hand, what have you ever done to contribute to the MAME effort? A lot less than Mamesick, that's for sure.

Edited by apeman (09/29/13 02:15 PM)

Vas Crabb
    BOFH
    Reged: 12/13/05
    Loc: Melbourne, Australia
    Send PM

Re: Command.dat (9-23-2013) released new [Re: apeman]
    #315138 - 09/29/13 11:17 AM

> > Good, if you shut up forever that will be one less hacked MAME based on the festering
    > > MAMEUI codebase polluting the ecosystem.
    >
    > MAMEFX is a lot more than just a "hacked MAME"... and it came up with a bunch of
    > (mostly UI) improvements before I saw them anywhere else.

How long have you been around? Back in the day, before Mantis, when bugs were reported on the MAME Testers board here, Mamesick was infamous for invalid bug reports and hacky “fixes” that didn't match hardware behaviour. Even worse, he’d argue endlessly with people who actually knew what they were talking about. Do you remember the saga with NeoGeo raster effects, where he tried to insist that they somehow weren’t possible if interrupt 2 was disabled, even when there are games that do them just by counting CPU cycles? His “fixes” for the watchdog-detection protection were equally invalid. That’s just one example of how he operated for years.

Mamesick
    Troll Lamer
    Send PM

Re: Command.dat (9-23-2013) released new [Re: Vas Crabb]
    #315139 - 09/29/13 11:38 AM Attachment: 4638064448_fe3f079ff8_b.jpg 223 KB (2 downloads)

> > > Good, if you shut up forever that will be one less hacked MAME based on the
    > festering
    > > > MAMEUI codebase polluting the ecosystem.
    > >
    > > MAMEFX is a lot more than just a "hacked MAME"... and it came up with a bunch of
    > > (mostly UI) improvements before I saw them anywhere else.
    >
    > How long have you been around? Back in the day, before Mantis, when bugs were
    > reported on the MAME Testers board here, Mamesick was infamous for invalid bug
    > reports and hacky “fixes” that didn't match hardware behaviour. Even worse, he’d
    > argue endlessly with people who actually knew what they were talking about. Do you
    > remember the saga with NeoGeo raster effects, where he tried to insist that they
    > somehow weren’t possible if interrupt 2 was disabled, even when there are games that
    > do them just by counting CPU cycles? His “fixes” for the watchdog-detection
    > protection were equally invalid. That’s just one example of how he operated for
    > years.

Oh yes, infact a lot my submissions were accepted and included in official MAME only because I was pesting Developers to include them in any case. You should open MAMEINFO.DAT with a text editor and search for Mamesick. NeoGeo is still imperfect now in any case, just look at MAMETesters opened and valid bugs. Other emulators still uses my "hacky" solution (which was not mine but was the initial approach of DEVELOPERS to the system) in their source code. Though, as I said...

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Mamesick
    Troll Lamer
    Send PM

#315142 - 09/29/13 01:49 PM

English updated version for 0.145 and so on.
    http://www.emulab.it/forum/index.php?topic=799.0

Big Karnak
    Part-time Lurker
    Send PM

#315144 - 09/29/13 02:31 PM

Quote:

English updated version for 0.145 and so on.
    http://www.emulab.it/forum/index.php?topic=799.0

Yep, I already got that one too. There are also another two more unofficial Command.dat:

Command.dat (22-12-2009) - It's Procyon's Command.dat file revised by Fabricio da Silva Coroquer.

Command.dat (Japanese 03-02-2011) - Japanese version of Command.dat

http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=mame

Big Karnak
    Part-time Lurker
    Send PM

#315558 - 10/09/13 06:06 AM

If anyone knows of any other Command.dat files that exist, please post them and include their homepage link. If no homepage exist for it, then include the website link where the file is hosted.

Here is a list of the various Command.dat files that exist:

RATMNL
    Patron Saint of the Totally F*cked
    Reged: 02/02/13
    Loc: 026, NL
    Send PM

#315568 - 10/09/13 11:49 AM

http://controls.arcadecontrols.com/controls/controls_dat.php

It's called controls.dat, but is what you are looking for right?

Edited by RATMNL (10/09/13 11:52 AM)

"Those voices in his head might not be real, but they have really good ideas!"

StilettoAdministrator
    They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
    Reged: 03/07/04
    Send PM

#315657 - 10/10/13 08:57 PM

> If anyone knows of any other Command.dat files that exist, please post them and
    > include their homepage link. If no homepage exist for it, then include the website
    > link where the file is hosted.
    >
    > Here is a list of the various Command.dat files that exist:
    >
    > Procyon Lotor Official Command: http://home.comcast.net/~plotor/
    >
    > Fabricio da Silva Coroquer Unofficial Command:
    > http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=mame
    >
    > Cnterr Command Rearranged: http://www.emulab.it/forum/index.php?topic=799.0
    >
    > Chinese Simplified/Traditional Command: http://f.ppxclub.com/130735-1-1
    >
    > Japanese Command: http://www.geocities.jp/mamelistjp/
    >
    > MAMEUIFX Command: http://mame32fx.altervista.org/home.htm

Hmm. Are you going to merge them all and create a new English version or something?

- Stiletto

Big Karnak
    Part-time Lurker
    Send PM

Re: Command.dat (9-23-2013) released new [Re: Stiletto]
    #315776 - 10/14/13 07:22 AM

I don't know how to do stuff like that. Just wanted to make a comprehensive list for others to check out.

Big Karnak
    Part-time Lurker
    Send PM

#316891 - 11/04/13 03:40 PM

it's been updated again in case anyone wanted to know.

Big Karnak
    Part-time Lurker
    Send PM

#317090 - 11/07/13 01:24 PM

updated again the day after, 11-5-2013.

Big Karnak
    Part-time Lurker
    Send PM

#317216 - 11/10/13 09:43 PM

It's been updated again to 11-10-2013

Source: http://f.ppxclub.com/130735-1-1

Download: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=2351154765&uk=1075412871

Big Karnak
    Part-time Lurker
    Send PM

#317289 - 11/12/13 08:47 AM

Updated to 11/11/2013

Matty_
    Part-time troll
    Send PM

#317290 - 11/12/13 09:55 AM

big karnak is biiiiiiiiig

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
    View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
    Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
    0 registered and 522 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
    You cannot start new topics
    You cannot reply to topics
    HTML is enabled
    UBBCode is enabled
    Thread views: 3896