MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Warning.... Teenager on Premises. Hard Hat Required.
#313854 - 09/02/13 06:47 PM

So I'm making my son rebuild the basketball backstop... which he ran over with the lawn mover... don't ask how he accomplished this feat... he's a teen ager.

"Dad, I need help in the shop."

Well for starters, you can't use a saw whose cord is knotted together with another saw's cord... how did you get the two cords like that?

"I dunno."

Well, either way, we need to change the blade, that one is too delicate for the wood... there's not a single screw driver here... where's all the screw drivers?

"In my room"

Why is every screw driver known to man in your room?

"I was taking apart my desk."

Ok, wait... now why are you taking apart your desk?

It just goes on and on. It's so much work to punish kids these days.

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Warning.... Teenager on Premises. Hard Hat Required. new [Re: GatKong]
#313855 - 09/02/13 07:02 PM

Weren't you a teen once?

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#313864 - 09/02/13 09:48 PM

> So I'm making my son rebuild the basketball backstop... which he ran over with the
> lawn mover... don't ask how he accomplished this feat... he's a teen ager.

My only question is, was it laying on the ground, or did this involve lawnmowers flying through the air?

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Warning.... Teenager on Premises. Hard Hat Required. new [Re: DMala]
#313866 - 09/02/13 10:23 PM

> > So I'm making my son rebuild the basketball backstop... which he ran over with the
> > lawn mover... don't ask how he accomplished this feat... he's a teen ager.
>
> My only question is, was it laying on the ground, or did this involve lawnmowers
> flying through the air?

The tornado we had a while back knocked the backboard down. Somehow it was outside again... laying in the grass... and rather than move it or go around it, he went over it, which chewed the crap out of it, and did a number on my mower as well. Fiberglass all over the yard.

Hard to imagine how he thought the mower would just glide over it... but as it is...

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#313870 - 09/03/13 12:04 AM

> Ok, wait... now why are you taking apart your desk?

To get wood for the backstop...duh...

RATMNL
Patron Saint of the Totally F*cked
Reged: 02/02/13
Loc: 026, NL
Send PM

Re: Warning.... Teenager on Premises. Hard Hat Required. new [Re: italie]
#313872 - 09/03/13 12:14 AM

> > Ok, wait... now why are you taking apart your desk?
>
>
> To get wood for the backstop...duh...

Yeah man, never took apart any furniture to make other furniture?

(and I am probably sounding sarcastic but I actually do this all the time in the bi-monthly rearrange-my-house weekend... Don't ask).

"Those voices in his head might not be real, but they have really good ideas!"

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#313878 - 09/03/13 04:24 AM

> Ok, wait... now why are you taking apart your desk?
>
>

It will all make sense when he shows you the rocking horse.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#313879 - 09/03/13 04:27 AM

> The tornado we had a while back knocked the backboard down. Somehow it was outside
> again... laying in the grass... and rather than move it or go around it, he went over
> it, which chewed the crap out of it, and did a number on my mower as well. Fiberglass
> all over the yard.
>
> Hard to imagine how he thought the mower would just glide over it... but as it is...

I was pretty careless with lawn equipment as a kid, too. Managed to nail a stump hidden in some thick grass with my dad's lawnmower, which did it in. He'd have probably been more pissed about that, but it was 20 years old, rusting pretty badly, and a bitch to start. Sliced through at least two extension cords with hedge trimmers. One of them was my grandfather's ancient, two-wire cord, which threw up a nice shower of sparks and blew the fuse in the house. I was probably lucky to survive that one.

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

#313881 - 09/03/13 05:16 AM

> I was pretty careless with lawn equipment as a kid, too. Managed to nail a stump
> hidden in some thick grass with my dad's lawnmower, which did it in. He'd have
> probably been more pissed about that, but it was 20 years old, rusting pretty badly,
> and a bitch to start.

LOL, I hit a concrete block and bent the crankshaft on our lawn mower once. My dad didn't say too much because at least I cut grass! The house I grew up in was built on two lots (I think 100' x 200' total size). It took a long time to cut grass.

amused
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/24/08
Send PM

#313904 - 09/03/13 09:08 AM

> I was pretty careless with lawn equipment as a kid, too. Managed to nail a stump
> hidden in some thick grass with my dad's lawnmower, which did it in.

Reminds me of when I was mowing a lawn belonging to an old relative of mine. There were a bunch of partly-buried stones which were making trouble for anyone who tried to mow. I told this relative I wanted to get rid of the stones, and she said something about how when her side of the family had that problem, they would just dig a hole and bury the stone underground. But I said to her, "No, I mean take the stones up out of the ground!" and she made it sound like that was pretty near impossible. Well, I was never in the best shape physically, but I knew what a lever was and how to use it, so my dad and I did the job with a good strong iron bar. (What, they didn't have levers when she was growing up?)

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

Re: Warning.... Teenager on Premises. Hard Hat Required. new [Re: RATMNL]
#314099 - 09/05/13 04:44 PM

http://www.ikeahackers.net/
Enough said

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 302 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1275