Mental Patient
I am quite, quite mad!
Reged: 08/16/13
Loc: Psyche Ward of DOOM!
Send PM

Why bother with MAME Artwork?
#312999 - 08/16/13 08:43 PM

MAME artwork is a waste of time.

MR.DO only updates the in game artwork about 3 times a year, if he uploads more than a dozen new bezels a year i will die of shock. ha ha ha.

And the writing on instruction cards is so small you cant read them unless you have a 1000 inch monitor.

If MR.DO. is very lazy and cant update in game artwork more than twice a year he should give up.

I am madder than a bag full of dinosaurs in a tumble dryer!

Victoria sponge cake is the best!

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

Re: Why bother with MAME Artwork? new [Re: Mental Patient]
#313011 - 08/16/13 09:38 PM

Suck-O-Matic 1.0. For the forum that has everything.

I think the board you're looking for is called Looney Bin.

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#313027 - 08/17/13 06:13 AM

> MAME artwork is a waste of time.
>
> MR.DO only updates the in game artwork about 3 times a year, if he uploads more than
> a dozen new bezels a year i will die of shock. ha ha ha.
>
> And the writing on instruction cards is so small you cant read them unless you have a
> 1000 inch monitor.
>
>
> If MR.DO. is very lazy and cant update in game artwork more than twice a year he
> should give up.

He only work on the artworks when he have the time.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

jibmums
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/24/09
Send PM

#313064 - 08/18/13 04:08 AM

>
> MR.DO only updates the in game artwork about 3 times a year, if he uploads more than
>
> And the writing on instruction cards is so small you cant read them unless you have a
> 1000 inch monitor.
>
>
> If MR.DO. is very lazy and cant update in game artwork more than twice a year he
> should give up.

And your kind offer to help him out was....where, exactly?

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#313075 - 08/18/13 01:13 PM

>
>
> 1000 inch monitor.
>
>
> should give up.

I smell TROLL

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

#313080 - 08/18/13 08:08 PM

Your signature says everything we all know by now... that you are really a mental illness person that needs immediate care.

Go get a life and stop trolling other people work. And try to do something instead of keep complaining, this would help you to improve your mental condition.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#313081 - 08/18/13 09:26 PM

>
>
> 1000 inch monitor.
>
>
> should give up.

OK everyone, give the guy a break. Someone else already banned him, so it's not like he can come back and defend himself.

If dude wants to think MAME Artwork is a waste, he can think that. I got no problem with it. It's a little "troll-y" to post about it here, just like it'd be troll-y to go to Bannister's forums and post how MESS sucks.

(disclaimer: MESS does NOT suck by any means. You should all go and try it out, if you haven't yet. The more I use it, the more I love it. The learning curve and emulation accuracy has been much improved over the years.).

Anyway... the writing on the instruction cards isn't small. It's just how they are setup in the LAY file that they might look small on some monitors. This actually reminded me of something I need to go back and do. For recent artwork files, I've been adding in an extra view that lets you display just the instruction card on the screen (so you can actually read it). I do need to go back and do that to all of the older files.

But I do want to apologize to the OP for the lack of updates. I'm sorry that I've moved into a better job that requires me to work a bit more, and also that I've been spending more time with my family, taking a vacation here and there, going to the movies, Disneyland, etc.

He's right, it really has been cutting into my artwork time. That might explain the misunderstanding that he thinks I'm lazy.

I'm not giving up, though. Ain't never gonna happen; there's still too much in the queue. Though I'm kind of worried now about releasing anything else this year. I'd hate to be responsible for the OP to die of shock.

I'm going to take the chance, though, and hope that he was just kidding.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

No problem. I just point out on what I said without flaming him. Truth. :) new [Re: Mr. Do]
#313085 - 08/19/13 01:22 AM

If you want. Just locked it.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

Re: Why bother with MAME Artwork? new [Re: Mr. Do]
#313090 - 08/19/13 06:09 AM

Speaking of which, I just finished my Wizard of Wor CPO... took months. So all of my extant projects are done. I might be willing to work on the bezel for Sky Soldiers if I can get a scan of it.

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 843 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3262