View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

aguy1222
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/22/13
Send PM

question regarding the image enhancment features on mame
#311758 - 07/22/13 03:23 AM

i been using mame for quite a while and have different versions of mame. the one i use the most is mameui64. I enjoy the games but the graphics are bad. Just today i used mame32+.117 instead and came across the image enhancement features that greatly improved graphics. I downloaded the new mame version and do not know if the image enhancement features had to be downloaded seperatly or if it comes with the program already. I have no idea how to access the image enhancement feature and dont really know my way around it. Im not very tech savy so any help would be appreciated. on mame32+ i just press tab when i load the game and it gives me the image enhancement feature.please any help is appreciated

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

Re: question regarding the image enhancment features on mame new [Re: aguy1222]
#311760 - 07/22/13 04:41 AM

Would you mean the HLSL or the image enhancement feature menu in Mame plus? Image enhancement come with the Mame Plus package assuming you are downloaded Mame Plus and not regular Mame. By pressing tab image enhancement will show in the GUI menu. As for HLSL it needs to be activated in the GUI settings or Mames initial file.

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

aguy1222
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: question regarding the image enhancment features on mame new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#311761 - 07/22/13 04:48 AM

i believe its the image enhance feature on mame. When i press tab it gives me the menu option that say input, video, game information. One of the options says image enhancement. None of my other mame versions have this so im not sure if they're sepperate filters i have to download. im just completely lost. i can play my games on mame32+.117 and use the image enhancement but killer instinct 2 does not load on it but it loads perfect on other mame programs.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

#311762 - 07/22/13 04:57 AM

That would be Mame Plus. Download this with the GUI and you'll be in business
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mameplus/

He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

#311763 - 07/22/13 05:04 AM

You can get the newest version here too on Mameplus forums
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

aguy1222
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: question regarding the image enhancment features on mame new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#311764 - 07/22/13 05:29 AM

Thank you. I greatly appreciate your help. I will download and try it out.

aguy1222
MAME Fan
Send PM

#311767 - 07/22/13 09:30 AM

i downloaded the mame link you have showed me im just having issues understanding what a mame gui is?

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

#311792 - 07/23/13 06:19 AM

well mame plus is easier to use with an interface or frontend called a GUI. it helps see things that would normally be in the mame ini file. trust me its needed to make things easier. this GUI also runs regular mame as well. all you have to do is when you click on it and pick the mame of your choice it will then follow through like the old mame32 but much faster.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 190 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2036