MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Mojo2000
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: North America
Send PM

Xbox 360 rant
#311713 - 07/21/13 01:29 AM

Is anybody else with an Xbox 360 miffed at having to pay $60 per year (or whatever it is) for XBox Live Network? Hydro Thunder Demo won't let you buy it unless you are a member. WTH? I just want to play local splitscreen with my sons; I shouldn't have to pay more for that, beyond the purchase/unlock. Except for extra controllers.

I posted a variation this complaint on Xbox.com, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there was no trace of my post within twelve hours. Don't suppose they would alter the game for those who only want the full game but in split-screen...

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Xbox 360 rant new [Re: Mojo2000]
#311715 - 07/21/13 01:37 AM

You should check out the post below about the runner. Do that on Microsoft's lawn.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#311728 - 07/21/13 09:03 AM

> Is anybody else with an Xbox 360 miffed at having to pay $60 per year (or whatever it
> is) for XBox Live Network? Hydro Thunder Demo won't let you buy it unless you are a
> member. WTH? I just want to play local splitscreen with my sons; I shouldn't have to
> pay more for that, beyond the purchase/unlock. Except for extra controllers.
>
> I posted a variation this complaint on Xbox.com, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised
> that there was no trace of my post within twelve hours. Don't suppose they would
> alter the game for those who only want the full game but in split-screen...

You have to have at least an XBox Live Silver account to buy games on the marketplace. Silver is free; Gold costs money. To play games online, you have to have gold, but it's not necessary for offline.

BTW... PS3 is the same in this respect. You have to at least have a PSN account to buy games online. But online play is free for all on PS3. That is changing with the PS4, where you will be required to have a PS+ account to play online (just like XBox).

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Mojo2000
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: North America
Send PM

Re: Xbox 360 rant new [Re: Mr. Do]
#311731 - 07/21/13 01:23 PM

> You have to have at least an XBox Live Silver account to buy games on the
> marketplace. Silver is free; Gold costs money. To play games online, you have to have
> gold, but it's not necessary for offline.

They must have removed references to "Silver" because I don't see them in my XBox.com account. But I must have the equivalent because I have purchased and downloaded several other games, including both RE4 and 5 as well as the fun Dragon's Lair.

I understand the general XBLN requirements, but Hydro Thunder is unique in that they won't allow you to purchase it at all unless you have Gold. If you want to play Local Multiplayer on anything beyond the first course, using anything but the first boats, you have to go through both levels of hoops, and that's what pisses me off the most. The next pisser is that there is no avenue through which to complain. @#$%#&

> BTW... PS3 is the same in this respect. You have to at least have a PSN account to
> buy games online. But online play is free for all on PS3. That is changing with the
> PS4, where you will be required to have a PS+ account to play online (just like
> XBox).

Oh, I have a PSN account already due to my old PSP's.... which I no longer use and had given away. Even with $75 or so in my online wallet.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

#311744 - 07/21/13 09:18 PM

> I understand the general XBLN requirements, but Hydro Thunder is unique in that they
> won't allow you to purchase it at all unless you have Gold. If you want to play Local
> Multiplayer on anything beyond the first course, using anything but the first boats,
> you have to go through both levels of hoops, and that's what pisses me off the most.
> The next pisser is that there is no avenue through which to complain. @#$%#&

Hmmm... weird. Maybe try buying the full version direct through the webpage?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Hydro-Thunder/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841096a

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

360 degree hair on Johnny Van Zant... new [Re: Mojo2000]
#311748 - 07/22/13 12:15 AM

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 146 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1611