ahh
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/13
Send PM

MAME4droid Reloaded 1.3.5 Released!
#311640 - 07/19/13 02:18 AM

MAME4droid Reloaded 1.3.5 Released!

Changelog:

Added NVIDIA Shield support. Added Plug and play detection of many USB / Bluetooth gamepads. Added ICS full game controller support (multiple controllers, analog input and dual stick) for detected gamepads. Added hiscores saving (MKChamp patch). Added switch to force refresh rate for smoother gameplay in some games. Added autofire. Fixed some anonymous timers on SEGA and CAVE drivers to fix save states problems (AWJ patch). Added favorites. Added option to delete games in ROM manager. Added Vector defaults options. Added Emulation speed selector. Added auto selection for 1-6 buttons & 2-8 ways stick. Improved ROM manager. New full screen portrait mode. Improved tilt sensor accuracy, now with up/down. A lot of bug fixes.

I recommend to take a look to the improved tilt sensor. It has more accuracy now, since it uses the virtual gravity sensor instead the accelerometer with a low pass filter to get the gravity. It has a better filter and maybe uses the gyro too. Also it is reading the z axis now as up/down. Some classics are very enjoyables to play on tablets or phones with the tilt sensor and autofired enabled. For example, StartWars or enduro racer... Also all light gun games are funny to play with.

You can download at:

https://code.google.com/p/imame4all/

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

I gotta check this one out. :) new [Re: ahh]
#311641 - 07/19/13 04:05 AM

It been a while since I mess with the Android version.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

wild eyed
Corcreeghagh
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: I gotta check this one out. :) new [Re: Dullaron]
#311642 - 07/19/13 04:51 AM

Proper Full screen potrait mode. I emailed requestingnhe implement that!!! Boom!

I think he would have done it anyway but still. BOOM!

figment1988
Lurker
Reged: 11/14/03
Send PM

Re: MAME4droid Reloaded 1.3.5 Released! new [Re: ahh]
#311644 - 07/19/13 05:42 AM

all it needs is some sort of mode to make some lightgun games work with tapping the screen rather than using the Joystick.

ahh
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME4droid Reloaded 1.3.5 Released! new [Re: figment1988]
#311651 - 07/19/13 01:54 PM

It seems a nice addition. I will take a look to implement in a future version. Now I'm going to work some weeks on adding net play over wifi and wifi direct. Later I will integrate with google play services.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: MAME4droid Reloaded 1.3.5 Released! new [Re: ahh]
#311671 - 07/19/13 10:25 PM

> I recommend to take a look to the improved tilt sensor. It has more accuracy now,
> since it uses the virtual gravity sensor instead the accelerometer with a low pass
> filter to get the gravity. It has a better filter and maybe uses the gyro too.

Is anyone playing CamelTry or Irritating Maze like this? What's it like?

S

AeroCityMayor
Entity formerly known as alien_mame
Reged: 11/11/03
Loc: Wakefield, West Yorks, UK.
Send PM

Re: MAME4droid Reloaded 1.3.5 Released! new [Re: Sune]
#311733 - 07/21/13 01:57 PM

> > I recommend to take a look to the improved tilt sensor. It has more accuracy now,
> > since it uses the virtual gravity sensor instead the accelerometer with a low pass
> > filter to get the gravity. It has a better filter and maybe uses the gyro too.
>
> Is anyone playing CamelTry or Irritating Maze like this? What's it like?
>
> S

EXACTLY what I was thinking

Cheers,

Ralph.

Coherance of posts inversely proportional to Foster's consumption!!!

Smoker1
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/24/10
Send PM

Re: I gotta check this one out. :) new [Re: Dullaron]
#311750 - 07/22/13 12:45 AM

Suggest next Update:
Make option to have Joystick icon smaller so it will be easier in some Games to do Moves in such games like SFA, KOF, MK for doing QCF, QCB, F-D-FD, Etc.

For when holding Device such as a SIII, when held Upright, there is no L or R Buttons shown, only the Normal 4. Suggest making Buttons slightly smaller than the smallest setting so all buttons can be used otherwise, Games that require 5-6 Buttons can not be used unless connected to a BT/USB Connection Device such as Keyboard or Actual Joypad.

Also, make it so can edit the Portrait Layout.

HP HPE h8-1360t
GeForce GTX 670 2GB
32GB RAM
i7-3770k 3.50GHz

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Re: MAME4droid Reloaded 1.3.5 Released! new [Re: AeroCityMayor]
#311751 - 07/22/13 12:50 AM

> Cheers,
>
> Ralph.

Why the name change and new profile picture?

ahh
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: I gotta check this one out. :) new [Re: Smoker1]
#311753 - 07/22/13 01:01 AM

All of this is already implemented... which version are you using?

> Suggest next Update:
> Make option to have Joystick icon smaller so it will be easier in some Games to do
> Moves in such games like SFA, KOF, MK for doing QCF, QCB, F-D-FD, Etc.
>

It should be done on fullscreen modes. But i have realized that with fullscreen portrait mode there is a bug and it will be solved in next release (it is not reading the setting button size).

> For when holding Device such as a SIII, when held Upright, there is no L or R Buttons
> shown, only the Normal 4. Suggest making Buttons slightly smaller than the smallest
> setting so all buttons can be used otherwise, Games that require 5-6 Buttons can not
> be used unless connected to a BT/USB Connection Device such as Keyboard or Actual
> Joypad.

You need to activate Portrait -> Fullscreen. That way you have all buttons on portrait mode.

>
> Also, make it so can edit the Portrait Layout.

It can be done on portrait fullscreen mode. On not full screen the buttons and stick are tied to art file.

Edited by ahh (07/22/13 01:07 AM)

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Re: MAME4droid Reloaded 1.3.5 Released! new [Re: figment1988]
#311769 - 07/22/13 11:54 AM

> all it needs is some sort of mode to make some lightgun games work with tapping the
> screen rather than using the Joystick.

i thought it was implemented..otherwise how could "all light gun games are funny to play with." o_O

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 364 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2396