Pages: 1

MASH
MASH
Reged: 09/26/03
Loc: Germany
Send PM

DICE games in MAME ?
#311531 - 07/16/13 12:34 AM

With Discrete Netlist (driver by Couriersud) MAME emulated Atari's Pong (1972).

Any progress on importing DICE games to MAME?

Games in DICE:

Anti-Aircraft

Breakout

Exidy Attack

Gotcha

Midway TV Basketball

Pong

Pong Doubles

Rebound

Space Race

Stunt Cycle

DICE emulation WIP: http://adamulation.blogspot.de/
MAMEWorld DICE 0.6 released: http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...amp;o=&vc=1

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: DICE games in MAME ? new [Re: MASH]
#311554 - 07/16/13 05:03 PM

> With Discrete Netlist (driver by Couriersud) MAME emulated Atari's Pong (1972).
>
> Any progress on importing DICE games to MAME?

Nope. Couriersud is sadly MIA, he doesn't even answer his private email anymore. It's believed he silently quit the scene due to the SVN metadata being made public, first by Haze and then later officially.

And as has been noted many, many times emulating these games is a completely different skill set from what MAMEdev normally does, so as a result none of the devs has the skills to pull it off.

Trebor
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/18/05
Send PM

Re: DICE games in MAME ? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#311556 - 07/16/13 05:20 PM

>"... due to the SVN metadata being made public."

"...due to (MAME source being able to be viewed 'on the fly')"?

Pardon this ignoramus, just curious of the layman's translation of "SVN metadata being made public".

Shame he is MIA. I'm forever in indebted to him for his work on Phoenix sound(s) along with Derrick.

That was a huge achievement from my personal wants towards Arcade emulation in MAME; along with whomever fixed the "communication error" during the startup of Mr. Do's Castle, so many years ago.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: DICE games in MAME ? new [Re: Trebor]
#311557 - 07/16/13 05:46 PM

> Pardon this ignoramus, just curious of the layman's translation of "SVN metadata
> being made public".

Meaning basically anyone could find out when he was submitting changes. I don't know of a lot of cases in which that's very interesting, even for something like PRISM, but maybe he was just ahead of all of us

Trebor
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: DICE games in MAME ? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#311565 - 07/16/13 07:54 PM

> > Pardon this ignoramus, just curious of the layman's translation of "SVN metadata
> > being made public".
>
> Meaning basically anyone could find out when he was submitting changes. I don't know
> of a lot of cases in which that's very interesting, even for something like PRISM,
> but maybe he was just ahead of all of us

LOL...I was focusing more on perhaps technical details that I was unaware of associated with the term "SVN metadata".

The answer was more straightforward and simple than I perceived...Thank you for clarifying.

NSA watching MAME...Ya never know

Derrick Renaud
Discrete Coder
Reged: 10/18/03
Loc: The Local Pub
Send PM

Re: DICE games in MAME ? new [Re: Trebor]
#311568 - 07/17/13 12:18 AM

> Shame he is MIA. I'm forever in indebted to him for his work on Phoenix sound(s)
> along with Derrick.

FWIW, I did Phoenix discrete sounds. He did DK hardware games. Which we both then optimized the speed, and I redid the 74629 based on measurements of a real IC instead of the incorrect data sheet that was all he had to base his emulation on.

D.

Do not p-mail me for help compiling my updates, ask on the board.
Do not request sound for your favorite game. I work on whatever, when I get around to it.
If you have schematics for discrete sound games not easily found on the net, I would be interested.

Trebor
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: DICE games in MAME ? new [Re: Derrick Renaud]
#311573 - 07/17/13 02:12 AM

> > Shame he is MIA. I'm forever in indebted to him for his work on Phoenix sound(s)
> > along with Derrick.
>
> FWIW, I did Phoenix discrete sounds. He did DK hardware games. Which we both then
> optimized the speed, and I redid the 74629 based on measurements of a real IC instead
> of the incorrect data sheet that was all he had to base his emulation on.
>
> D.

My bad, Derrick. The work you did on Phoenix is phenomenal along with the rest of your contributions, and the 'debt' of course is present regardless. Thank you!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 122 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3032