TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Look here Miss Thang hate to salt your game new [Re: Smitdogg]
#311438 - 07/12/13 08:45 PM

Quote:

What was absent about the report was is the difference between healthy mineral salts and iodized table salt.

Way to editorialize! Imply iodine is bad!

Quote:

The ingestion of iodide prevents iodine deficiency. Worldwide, iodine deficiency affects about two billion people and is the leading preventable cause of mental retardation. Deficiency also causes thyroid gland problems, including "endemic goitre". In many countries, iodine deficiency is a major public health problem that can be cheaply addressed by purposely adding small amounts of iodine to the sodium chloride salt.

There you go.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Look here Miss Thang hate to salt your game new [Re: TriggerFin]
#311439 - 07/12/13 08:51 PM

Yeah Ms. Ham maybe isn't the brightest. I use both types but Himalayan Pink tastes 1000x better and is less likely to give you an oversalted taste. I wonder if there is an iodized version. Of course it could be the iodine that fucks up the taste. I'd rather take a supplement pill and always use Himalayan to be honest.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#311440 - 07/12/13 09:05 PM

> http://hotair.com/archives/2013/07/11/cd...may-be-harmful/

Sodium Intake in Populations: Assessment of Evidence

Conclusion 1:Although the reviewed evidence on associations between sodium intake and
direct health outcomes has methodological flaws and limitations, the committee concluded that,
when considered collectively, it indicates a positive relationship between higher levels of sodium
intake and risk of CVD. This evidence is consistent with existing evidence on blood pressure as a
surrogate indicator of CVD risk.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Look here Miss Thang hate to salt your game new [Re: Gor]
#311441 - 07/12/13 09:11 PM

The CDC later concluded that it didn't have anything to do with salt but rather that everyone in the study was fatter than a dog shit and wanted to blame something other than their laze and stuffing their rat faces with cereal.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#311443 - 07/12/13 09:38 PM

> The CDC later concluded that it didn't have anything to do with salt but rather that
> everyone in the study was fatter than a dog shit and wanted to blame something other
> than their laze and stuffing their rat faces with cereal.

I hope the fatties lay off the diet pop.

Study: Diet soda doesn't help you lose weight

the study

Quote:

Recent data from humans and rodent models have provided little support for ASB in promoting weight loss or
preventing negative health outcomes such as T2D, metabolic syndrome, and cardiovascular events. Instead, a
number of studies suggest people who regularly consume ASB are at increased risk compared with those
that do not consume ASB; with the magnitude of the increased risks similar to those associated with SSB

ASB - artificially sweetened beverage
SSB - suger-sweeted beverage or Super Smash Bros.
T2D - type 2 diabeetus

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#311444 - 07/12/13 09:51 PM

> The CDC later concluded that it didn't have anything to do with salt but rather that
> everyone in the study was fatter than a dog shit and wanted to blame something other
> than their laze and stuffing their rat faces with cereal.

Hey, it takes a lot of salt to cover up the taste of that nasty week-old McD frying oil.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Look here Miss Thang hate to salt your game new [Re: TriggerFin]
#311445 - 07/12/13 10:13 PM

Sorry I can't read your reply. I just used salt and as per Gor's report I'm having a goddamn heart attack. If it was a minor or normal heart attack I would just keep reading but I'm sure this one is a goddamn one. So it's serious.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#311447 - 07/12/13 10:35 PM

> Sorry I can't read your reply. I just used salt and as per Gor's report I'm having a
> goddamn heart attack. If it was a minor or normal heart attack I would just keep
> reading but I'm sure this one is a goddamn one. So it's serious.

Hey, I wasn't defending science and all of their "conclusions", I was just pointing to
the CDC research referenced in the original article so everyone can read it.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#311448 - 07/12/13 10:37 PM

Well goddamn

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

#311449 - 07/12/13 10:43 PM

Heh. "CDC research" usually is biased to whomever is giving them more money.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#311450 - 07/12/13 10:44 PM

> I hope the fatties lay off the diet pop.
>
> Study: Diet soda doesn't help you lose weight
>
> the study
> Recent data from humans and rodent models have provided little support for ASB in
> promoting weight loss or
> preventing negative health outcomes such as T2D, metabolic syndrome, and
> cardiovascular events. Instead, a
> number of studies suggest people who regularly consume ASB are at increased risk
> compared with those
> that do not consume ASB; with the magnitude of the increased risks similar to those
> associated with SSB
> ASB - artificially sweetened beverage
> SSB - suger-sweeted beverage or Super Smash Bros.
> T2D - type 2 diabeetus

Diet soda is the devil. My wife quit drinking Diet Pepsi a few years ago, made no other changes to her diet or exercise, and almost immediately began to lose a noticeable amount of weight. She ended up getting motivated by this and lost quite a bit more just by tracking her meals with an app. I don't know the science behind it, but that shit definitely screws up your metabolism somehow.

Personally, I always thought diet soda tastes like ass anyway. Lately I've gotten used to drinking unsweetened seltzer water, regular corn syrup soda tastes too sweet to me. If I'm in the mood for something sweet, I'll occasionally get the cane sugar sweetened soda from Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Look here Miss Thang hate to salt your game new [Re: Hizzout]
#311451 - 07/12/13 10:48 PM

> Heh. "CDC research" usually is biased to whomever is giving them more money.

The CDC is a government agency. As far as I can tell, 100% of their money comes from the US government.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Look here Miss Thang hate to salt your game new [Re: DMala]
#311452 - 07/12/13 11:10 PM

Oh goddamn

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#311453 - 07/12/13 11:19 PM

Drinking water is a million times better for weight loss but if you "have to" drink soda on a diet you are better off with diet ones than sucking down sugar all day. They do make you somewhat hungry sometimes, so some people end up eating more, but whatever they eat is better than sugar water with bubbles. I've lost a lot of weight on several occasions without removing them from my diet so I think a lot of the reports are full of shit aside from saying they can trigger cravings, they can, just like anything with caffeine.

Obviously tracking your calories with an app is going to work. Counting calories is the best way to stay on track in the long term. Unfortunately it is a pain in the ass and you end up wasting time every day thinking more about food and eating less of it. Staying in shape is an absolute pain in the ass.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#311454 - 07/12/13 11:24 PM

> > Heh. "CDC research" usually is biased to whomever is giving them more money.
>
> The CDC is a government agency. As far as I can tell, 100% of their money comes from
> the US government.

Maybe Obama has stock in Mrs. Dash.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#311456 - 07/12/13 11:44 PM

> Drinking water is a million times better for weight loss but if you "have to" drink
> soda on a diet you are better off with diet ones than sucking down sugar all day.
> They do make you somewhat hungry sometimes, so some people end up eating more, but
> whatever they eat is better than sugar water with bubbles. I've lost a lot of weight
> on several occasions without removing them from my diet so I think a lot of the
> reports are full of shit aside from saying they can trigger cravings, they can, just
> like anything with caffeine.
>

In your experience. I'm sure, like any chemical, artificial sweeteners affect different people differently.

I used to drink a lot of corn syrup Pepsi, I always disliked the taste of Diet Pepsi and didn't care too
much for the real sugar version. I drink mostly water now and tend to not experience the mid-afternoon
need for a nap. Maybe related, maybe not.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#311457 - 07/12/13 11:46 PM

There's definitely an undesirable crash that comes after a caffeine binge.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 219 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1794