MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

usually don't subject myself to beta tests....(iOS post)
#310103 - 06/11/13 07:32 PM

especially with something as important as my phone, but some of iOS 7's 'new' features were taken from jailbreak tweaks that I sorely miss. My original iPhone 5 shit the bed a week or two ago. Guess the screws that held the battery in place somehow worked loose and stripped the casing. Kept shutting off by itself like every few minutes.
Thankfully the iPhone 5 hasn't been out a year yet so I got a warranty replacement, pretty much hassle free. Only problem is the new phone came with iOS 6.1.3 on it so no jailbreak until 7's final release.

Since I both saw a 'command center' feature that pretty much takes care of what SBsettings did, and the fact that non-UUID registered devices are able to force an upgrade, I just installed it to give it a spin.

Wish me luck...

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: usually don't subject myself to beta tests....(iOS post) new [Re: URherenow]
#310110 - 06/11/13 10:40 PM

My brother's running it on his 5, it works pretty well for a beta apparently.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: usually don't subject myself to beta tests....(iOS post) new [Re: R. Belmont]
#310256 - 06/14/13 10:25 AM

Some things are nice (lots of coverflow type effects added in) but is very much a beta. I have a profile thing installed from my carrier (Softbank) that will log me into the wireless network whenever I'm near a hotspot. In this beta, it opens the stupid podcasts app every time that happens! (not to mention how inconsistent it is about logging me in).

Also lots of crashes. Happens a lot when tapping on a youtube video on a web post or from the facebook app or whatever. Swaps to the youtube app, starts to play, crash back to the springboard. Go to it again immediately in the same manner as before... no crash second time around.

Battery life... sucks.

Damn music app is like the listing in iTunes now. Shows cover art for everything so the first few times you try scrolling through your music, it lags like hell. Even worse: No options for different display modes. Lyrics don't have as much real estate as before, confined to a small square area. I need this because I like to sing Japanese songs but can't read Kanji... I put lyrics in romaji format on my music files.
Some of my files (with a Japanese artis name) don't even show up anywhere when I look at artists... only when I actually search for the artist does it show the songs.

I think I'll like it for the most part when its smoothed out and ready for release.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 886