MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Elapido
Lurker
Reged: 04/10/04
Send PM

How do I disable the rgb effect on games with artwork?
#309662 - 06/01/13 10:41 PM

When I launch, for instance, Space Invaders, which is a vector game with artwork, I can see the rgb effect over the vectors graphics of the game. It looks ugly, I suppose because of the tiny size of the graphics.. Any idea how to disable the effect only on vector games with artwork?

Edited by Elapido (06/02/13 09:38 AM)

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

Re: How do I disable the rgb effect on vector games with artwork? new [Re: Elapido]
#309663 - 06/01/13 11:13 PM

Space Invaders isn't a vector game.

John IV
IV/Play, MAME, MAMEUI
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Washington, USA
Send PM

Re: How do I disable the rgb effect on vector games with artwork? new [Re: Elapido]
#309667 - 06/02/13 01:40 AM

Maybe you meant another game, Invaders isn't a vector game. But assuming you're talking about a real vector game create a vector.ini text file and you can alter settings in it to apply to just vector games.

john iv
http://www.mameui.info/

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#309668 - 06/02/13 01:54 AM

> When I launch, for instance, Space Invaders, which is a vector game with artwork, I
> can see the rgb effect over the vectors. This is wrong. Any idea how to disable the
> effect only on vector games?

Color vector games most definitely have shadow masks. But Space Invaders is not a vector game.

Elapido
Lurker
Send PM

Re: How do I disable the rgb effect on vector games with artwork? new [Re: AWJ]
#309680 - 06/02/13 09:33 AM

Oh, what I fool. It's true. Then I meant bitmap games with artwork. The rgb effect over the bitmaps when the artwork is on looks ugly. How to disable in these specific games?

Derrick Renaud
Discrete Coder
Reged: 10/18/03
Loc: The Local Pub
Send PM

#309691 - 06/02/13 02:00 PM

> Oh, what I fool. It's true. Then I meant bitmap games with artwork. The rgb effect
> over the bitmaps when the artwork is on looks ugly. How to disable in these specific
> games?

Are you talking about the red at the top and green at the bottom overlays?

If so, in the Tab menu, go to video options and turn off overlays.

(Off Topic - for the artwork guys) BTW, has the alignment of the red overlay never been fixed, or does the red usually cover the top off the invaders heads on a real game? I know the positioning would be based on the horizontal width of the crt, but I assume the factory would have wanted the red to just cover the saucers.

Do not p-mail me for help compiling my updates, ask on the board.
Do not request sound for your favorite game. I work on whatever, when I get around to it.
If you have schematics for discrete sound games not easily found on the net, I would be interested.

Elapido
Lurker
Send PM

Re: How do I disable the rgb effect on vector games with artwork? new [Re: Derrick Renaud]
#309708 - 06/02/13 07:22 PM

No, I mean the pattern of the rgb effect on the graphics. It looks great on games, as you can see in this Metal Slug screen capture, but in Space Invaders for instance, it's like too big for the size of the graphics. Notice the pattern on the ship or the bases.

http://www.alvarezeninternet.com/temp/mslug.jpg

http://www.alvarezeninternet.com/temp/invaders.jpg

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: How do I disable the rgb effect on vector games with artwork? new [Re: Derrick Renaud]
#309711 - 06/02/13 07:34 PM

> > Oh, what I fool. It's true. Then I meant bitmap games with artwork. The rgb effect
> > over the bitmaps when the artwork is on looks ugly. How to disable in these
> specific
> > games?
>
> Are you talking about the red at the top and green at the bottom overlays?
>
> If so, in the Tab menu, go to video options and turn off overlays.
>
> (Off Topic - for the artwork guys) BTW, has the alignment of the red overlay never
> been fixed, or does the red usually cover the top off the invaders heads on a real
> game? I know the positioning would be based on the horizontal width of the crt, but I
> assume the factory would have wanted the red to just cover the saucers.

They aren't supposed to have little hats on like that ;-)

It'll be fixed next update.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 235 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1331