MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Mame818
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/28/12
Send PM

Wells Gardner Color Issue
#308550 - 05/10/13 10:17 PM Attachment: photo.JPG 563 KB (0 downloads)

Hi Everyone --

Having an issue where the color being displayed on my Wells Gardner D9200 Monitor appears to be muted (specifically the color blue seems to be low).

I tried to adjust the settings through the normal and secret Wells Gardner menu (using recommended settings for this monitor) with no success in correcting the issue.

The odd issue is that the WG menu pop-up and no signal screens are in bright bold colors, but the actual signal from the computer is not.

ArcadeVGA3000, Windows XP SP3

Any suggestions?

Also, if there is a MAME expert in the Los Angeles area would really appreciated some in person help!

Thank you.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Wells Gardner Color Issue new [Re: Mame818]
#308554 - 05/10/13 11:05 PM

> The odd issue is that the WG menu pop-up and no signal screens are in bright bold
> colors, but the actual signal from the computer is not.
>
> Any suggestions?

Yes, try another cable.

S

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#308564 - 05/11/13 03:20 AM

At least make sure all the cable connections are tight and just try jiggling the cable and see if it flashes the blue all the way on. If it does then a cable is in order.

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#308571 - 05/11/13 05:39 AM

> Hi Everyone --
>
> Having an issue where the color being displayed on my Wells Gardner D9200 Monitor
> appears to be muted (specifically the color blue seems to be low).
>
> I tried to adjust the settings through the normal and secret Wells Gardner menu
> (using recommended settings for this monitor) with no success in correcting the
> issue.
>
> The odd issue is that the WG menu pop-up and no signal screens are in bright bold
> colors, but the actual signal from the computer is not.
>
> ArcadeVGA3000, Windows XP SP3
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Also, if there is a MAME expert in the Los Angeles area would really appreciated some
> in person help!
>
> Thank you.

A couple of thoughts, best I can recall:

- Check cables as others have instructed.

- There is a satellite board off to side of the chassis. Resistors and diodes tend to burn up on it. Check them for proper ohm, and any signs of heating, or just replace.

- The neck-board drivers tend to flake on those as well. Check them out of circuit, or just replace.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 96 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2856