MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU Update: 161 games? Ain't nobody got time for that.
#307883 - 04/27/13 03:06 AM

I got a 161-in-1 MVS cart to make my Neogeo motherboard worth owning :-P

It uses a million surface mount roms that my programmers don't support yet so maybe (hopefully) someone else will beat me to it and dump theirs and save me the trouble. If not I'll dump it...some time. You can see the menu etc. here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k31wv8

And download the strip scan png here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ctt6b5

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

So there is series 2 that will be dump as well if found. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#307887 - 04/27/13 05:02 AM

My guest not all the games is on this one. How many are there?

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: So there is series 2 that will be dump as well if found. new [Re: Dullaron]
#307888 - 04/27/13 05:10 AM

I've never seen a series 2 surface, I don't know why. This one is a few years old. The price has dropped to the point where there's not much point in buying anything else if your goal is to just to play the games on the real hardware with no concern for collecting original carts/kits.

There was a similar abandonment of the CPS1 14-in-1. At the time I bought it I almost had their second series CPS1 16-in-1 locked./paid for which had rare undumped versions of Punisher etc. but they gave up on production before I could close the sale. Literally canceled my order and sent me an email saying there were bugs they couldn't fix. Maybe that is what happened with series 2. It started acting like a pain in the ass and they couldn't justify keeping trying to make it.

AeroCityMayor
Entity formerly known as alien_mame
Reged: 11/11/03
Loc: Wakefield, West Yorks, UK.
Send PM

Re: DU Update: 161 games? Ain't nobody got time for that. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#307895 - 04/27/13 12:30 PM

> I got a 161-in-1 MVS cart to make my Neogeo motherboard worth owning :-P
>
>
> It uses a million surface mount roms that my programmers don't support yet so maybe
> (hopefully) someone else will beat me to it and dump theirs and save me the trouble.
> If not I'll dump it...some time. You can see the menu etc. here:
>
> http://www.sendspace.com/file/k31wv8
>
> And download the strip scan png here:
>
> http://www.sendspace.com/file/ctt6b5

Hey 'dawgg,

How does this on play? I mean with regard to start up times?

I have a 120 in 1 and the games start immediately on selection but I have heard stories of certain MVS in 1 carts taking 30 secs to load a game etc.

Cheers,

Ralph.

Coherance of posts inversely proportional to Foster's consumption!!!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: 161 games? Ain't nobody got time for that. new [Re: AeroCityMayor]
#307899 - 04/27/13 04:51 PM

It just arrived and I haven't run it much at all. I've been busy with other stuff. I didn't see any delay. I loaded a game in that video. I think there was one that used a hard drive at one point, maybe people are mixing up experiences with that. Anyway I'll test it again later today for you.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: 161 games? Ain't nobody got time for that. new [Re: AeroCityMayor]
#307906 - 04/27/13 08:18 PM

I've tested it more. There aren't any delays at all, it jumps you right to the green screen which is on for a couple of seconds before the NeoGeo one. You hold down start for a few seconds when you are in a game to return to the menu. What is weird is some games have some pretty shitty graphics glitches, like the SVC games and Strikers :-(

AeroCityMayor
Send PM

#307908 - 04/27/13 09:37 PM

> I've tested it more. There aren't any delays at all, it jumps you right to the green
> screen which is on for a couple of seconds before the NeoGeo one. You hold down start
> for a few seconds when you are in a game to return to the menu. What is weird is some
> games have some pretty shitty graphics glitches, like the SVC games and Strikers :-(

Ay up 'dawgg,

Thanks for the testing mate, seems to work the same as my 120 in 1.

Sorry to hear about the glitches, Strikers is OK on the 120 in 1. Are you sure the glitches aren't present on the original hardware?

I'm happy to test Strikers 1945+ as I still have an original cart as part of my Psikyo collection.

Also, I just wanted to check that it's not the hack that has the glitches?

Cheers,

Ralph.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#307910 - 04/27/13 09:50 PM

I'm sure the glitches I'm seeing aren't supposed to be there. They are so bad that the Strikers aren't playable. It's not just the hack version. I read somewhere that some carts use "spare" ram on the normal MVS motherboard which I guess is ram stuck there that isn't normally used and when some goes bad the system is smart enough to use that instead and then they ended up making some games that just use it all including the spare... I'm using the little mini MVS system that was made to save money and maybe it didn't have the spare? That's all a big guess though. But putting a glitchy game in the #1 spot on the menu is sketchy even for a Chinese bootleg. I have a normal full size MVS system here in a box but it's flaky. I'll dig it out at some point and see if I can get different behavior. Disappointing though because the Strikers and SVC and also NITD were some of the few games I wanted to play and they all glitch. At least I have ROTD and Neo Turf Masters.

AeroCityMayor
Send PM

#307912 - 04/27/13 10:06 PM

> I'm sure the glitches I'm seeing aren't supposed to be there. They are so bad that
> the Strikers aren't playable. It's not just the hack version. I read somewhere that
> some carts use "spare" ram on the normal MVS motherboard which I guess is ram stuck
> there that isn't normally used and when some goes bad the system is smart enough to
> use that instead and then they ended up making some games that just use it all
> including the spare... I'm using the little mini MVS system that was made to save
> money and maybe it didn't have the spare? That's all a big guess though. But putting
> a glitchy game in the #1 spot on the menu is sketchy even for a Chinese bootleg. I
> have a normal full size MVS system here in a box but it's flaky. I'll dig it out at
> some point and see if I can get different behavior. Disappointing though because the
> Strikers and SVC and also NITD were some of the few games I wanted to play and they
> all glitch. At least I have ROTD and Neo Turf Masters.

Sounds very disappointing d00d All of those are great on the 120 on 1.

I noticed there's no Twinkle Star Sprites on the 161 either = deal breaker for me. I still can't 1cc it in Story Mode at 1-8 :/

Cheers,

Ralph.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#307914 - 04/27/13 10:11 PM

I'll let you know how it goes with the other MVS board. It is missing some stuff, I guess they planned for series 2. At the price it has dropped to though it's hard to complain. It's less than even just a ROTD cart.

Dullaron
Send PM

#307917 - 04/27/13 11:00 PM

> I'm sure the glitches I'm seeing aren't supposed to be there. They are so bad that
> the Strikers aren't playable. It's not just the hack version. I read somewhere that
> some carts use "spare" ram on the normal MVS motherboard which I guess is ram stuck
> there that isn't normally used and when some goes bad the system is smart enough to
> use that instead and then they ended up making some games that just use it all
> including the spare... I'm using the little mini MVS system that was made to save
> money and maybe it didn't have the spare? That's all a big guess though. But putting
> a glitchy game in the #1 spot on the menu is sketchy even for a Chinese bootleg. I
> have a normal full size MVS system here in a box but it's flaky. I'll dig it out at
> some point and see if I can get different behavior. Disappointing though because the
> Strikers and SVC and also NITD were some of the few games I wanted to play and they
> all glitch. At least I have ROTD and Neo Turf Masters.

Those should be working fine because I watch a YouTube video where Metal Slug doesn't have any issues. Maybe that hardware that you have doesn't read right or something is wrong with it or not liking that cart. I found a website giving a note where what works and what won't works on each of those of hardware. Maybe that you have only for 150 - 1 or something else. Did you check before buying that hardware? Gotta have the right hardware BIOS.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: 161 games? Ain't nobody got time for that. new [Re: Dullaron]
#307918 - 04/27/13 11:03 PM

I didn't check for ram or game compatibility before buying it no, and it was years ago that I bought it. I thought the only differences between MVS systems were how many carts they could handle at once, NG controller inputs and whether they could do stereo. Have not tested Metal Slugs.

Dullaron
Send PM

Look here. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#307919 - 04/27/13 11:06 PM

I found the info from a website. http://www.jammaboards.com/store/161-in-1-neogeo-multigame-cartridge-neo-161in1.html

Requires SNK NEO GEO Motherboard (1, 2, 4, or 6 slot)
(Original Bios Only)

Note: If you using hack BIOS that Razoola made then you gotta change it. Hope this help.

AeroCityMayor
Send PM

Re: Look here. new [Re: Dullaron]
#307933 - 04/28/13 01:32 AM

> I found the info from a website.
> http://www.jammaboards.com/store/161-in-1-neogeo-multigame-cartridge-neo-161in1.html
>
> Requires SNK NEO GEO Motherboard (1, 2, 4, or 6 slot)
> (Original Bios Only)
>
> Note: If you using hack BIOS that Razoola made then you gotta change it. Hope this
> help.

Another thing the 120 in 1 board does nicely. I have Universe Bios 3.3 on mine (I think)

Set to Japanese region

Cheers,

Ralph.

RetroRepair
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/21/09
Send PM

#307937 - 04/28/13 02:23 AM

There shouldn't be any glitches on any games (except the shitty hacks). I never had an issue anyway. Could be dirty slots or something.

I've been eyeing up the Wellon VP-490 for a while now which apparently supports these gigbit roms. If I get one before you get round to it I'll give you a shout.

I was hoping to remove the shitty hacks from the menus and maybe inject some missing games adding more roms from a smaller cart. I think the menu program is going to be on the prog board among the game roms but it could be part of one of the CPLDs I guess. The graphics for the menu are in the S rom so there's a good chance.

I don't see why they don't just go for the big money and release a cart with every neo game and no hacks. People are crying out for it and there's room for the extra roms on there. Especially if series 2 is never coming.

Edited by RetroRepair (04/28/13 02:24 AM)

http://www.youtube.com/retrorepair

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Look here. new [Re: AeroCityMayor]
#307938 - 04/28/13 02:25 AM

> > I found the info from a website.
> >
> http://www.jammaboards.com/store/161-in-1-neogeo-multigame-cartridge-neo-161in1.html
> >
> > Requires SNK NEO GEO Motherboard (1, 2, 4, or 6 slot)
> > (Original Bios Only)
> >
> > Note: If you using hack BIOS that Razoola made then you gotta change it. Hope this
> > help.
>
> Another thing the 120 in 1 board does nicely. I have Universe Bios 3.3 on mine (I
> think)
>
> Set to Japanese region
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ralph.

Well I just going by on what they said. I guest they never tested those BIOS. Good thing that you tested that BIOS.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: 161 games? Ain't nobody got time for that. new [Re: RetroRepair]
#307939 - 04/28/13 02:34 AM

I have a Wellon VP-890. I know it supports equivalent chips but what are they?

I don't think it would be worth the trouble to desolder, hack/inject then resolder and hope it works. I'd rather just buy another multicart that has the other games and save myself the hours of work. But I've seen your channel so I guess you enjoy that type of work. I definitely don't. Capcom CPS1-3 is the only thing I still have fun hacking. Everything else is "work".

RetroRepair
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/21/09
Send PM

#307942 - 04/28/13 03:36 AM

Yeah I don't mind a bit of tinkering, I always seem to learn a little something along the way. I won't be doing a big wiring job like that 161 in 1 for a while though

>>I have a Wellon VP-890. I know it supports equivalent chips but what are they?

That's a good question, they seem anything but standard and there's no data sheet online that I've found. I'm not even sure where you would find a 70 pin SOP adapter.

Something to look at on a rainy day for sure.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: 161 games? Ain't nobody got time for that. new [Re: RetroRepair]
#307944 - 04/28/13 03:50 AM

Yeah that wiring job was out of control.

Oh the dreaded ssop70, I hadn't even checked the pins. There's no adapter for those yet for Wellons that I know of. The only people I know of who can dump them are Guru and CaH4e3. There's an adapter for them for some Xeltek I think but to buy it with the Xeltek would be well over $1000 last I checked.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
3 registered and 279 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3768