MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Watch NBC's Grimm? See it this past week?
#307640 - 04/22/13 11:31 AM

They're apparently considering the new episode "aired" despite it having been preempted in a large portion of the country by an hour of "the news is over" reporting from Boston.

There's no encore planned; it's gone. Not available through On Demand or on NBC's site (yet).

Well, I'll have to watch it in 720p with the ads edited out again, I guess.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Yes and no. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#307642 - 04/22/13 01:09 PM

> They're apparently considering the new episode "aired" despite it having been
> preempted in a large portion of the country by an hour of "the news is over"
> reporting from Boston.
>
> There's no encore planned; it's gone. Not available through On Demand or on NBC's
> site (yet).
>
> Well, I'll have to watch it in 720p with the ads edited out again, I guess.

That's annoying, I try to watch the show all legit and they're all like, "No." Well, off to usenet I go!

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Watch NBC's Grimm? See it this past week? new [Re: TriggerFin]
#307650 - 04/22/13 04:15 PM

> They're apparently considering the new episode "aired" despite it having been
> preempted in a large portion of the country by an hour of "the news is over"
> reporting from Boston.
>
> There's no encore planned; it's gone. Not available through On Demand or on NBC's
> site (yet).
>
> Well, I'll have to watch it in 720p with the ads edited out again, I guess.

That's a bummer. I saw a program note at one point that said they would be airing some of the regular programs at something like 1:40am. Which is OK, I guess, if you have a DVR and remember to set it, but everyone else is SOL. One of the stations around here has a secondary digital channel these days. Normally it's a MeTV affiliate and plays classic TV shows, but when something's going on, MeTV gets bumped and all of the regular network programming moves to the second channel.

dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: The Black
Send PM

Re: Yes and no. new [Re: Gor]
#307674 - 04/23/13 01:19 AM

http://showrss.karmorra.info/

http://eztv.it/

My favorite sites...

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Watch NBC's Grimm? See it this past week? new [Re: DMala]
#307682 - 04/23/13 03:06 AM

> That's a bummer. I saw a program note at one point that said they would be airing
> some of the regular programs at something like 1:40am. Which is OK, I guess, if you
> have a DVR and remember to set it, but everyone else is SOL. One of the stations
> around here has a secondary digital channel these days. Normally it's a MeTV
> affiliate and plays classic TV shows, but when something's going on, MeTV gets bumped
> and all of the regular network programming moves to the second channel.

You have a Massachusetts- (or city-) specific network channel there? Here we rely on the NYNY channels for everything. I do have the DVR set to record "new" episodes any time they're on, but got nothing from this, and by the time I watched it, days later, really had NO interest in watching Boston traffic to see if they said anything about it.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#307695 - 04/23/13 06:35 AM

> You have a Massachusetts- (or city-) specific network channel there? Here we rely on
> the NYNY channels for everything.

Yeah, Boston and Providence both have ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox affiliates. On cable, I think most of the state gets the Boston channels, and Cape Cod and the Southcoast get the Providence channels as well.

> I do have the DVR set to record "new" episodes any
> time they're on, but got nothing from this, and by the time I watched it, days later,
> really had NO interest in watching Boston traffic to see if they said anything about
> it.

I think the problem is that the published schedules don't get updated fast enough for something like that. I don't really understand why TIVO (and I assume other DVRs) get updates on a fixed schedule, as if it has to dial out on a modem to get them like in the old days. A station should be able to push out schedule changes as soon as they are made, and DVRs should just pick up the updates in real time. That way stuff like sporting events wouldn't screw up all your recordings, too.

JimmyU
Bustin' Heads
Reged: 12/11/07
Send PM

#307724 - 04/24/13 02:52 AM

I'm pretty sure NBC is airing last Friday's episode this Friday according to their Twitter account.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Watch NBC's Grimm? See it this past week? new [Re: JimmyU]
#307727 - 04/24/13 03:37 AM

> I'm pretty sure NBC is airing last Friday's episode this Friday according to their
> Twitter account.

When I posted, the next episode, "Endangered," was scheduled for the 26th. They've since moved it to Apr 30, with Tuesday being the new regular slot going forward.

Friday hasn't been overcrowded as far as SF/fantasy programming of late (unlike Monday), but I welcome any move that creates a Tuesday viewing option.

Also, I'd never consider following any network's twitter, which is probably normally run by a bot.

Edited by TriggerFin (04/24/13 03:39 AM)

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#307744 - 04/24/13 05:22 PM

> Also, I'd never consider following any network's twitter, which is probably normally
> run by a bot.

That's exactly why I follow those - they post about once a week, plus when contingencies (like this) occur. Very low noise.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Watch NBC's Grimm? See it this past week? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#307748 - 04/24/13 08:50 PM

> > Also, I'd never consider following any network's twitter, which is probably
> normally
> > run by a bot.
>
> That's exactly why I follow those - they post about once a week, plus when
> contingencies (like this) occur. Very low noise.

Really. Expected an automated message for each network program daily or weekly, plus more when something is "special," and the same "watch with us at show.chat.network.com" that they often run on the programs themselves.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 231 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1323