View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

Midway Seattle games screwed in 148
#305884 - 03/17/13 06:41 PM

I cannot get any of the Midway Seattle racing games to boot in mame 148u1. Is this normal? Upon attempting to run the following games:

California Speed
SF Rush
SF Rush The Rock

.....At first I got an error saying I'm missing the c31boot.bin file, so I grabbed it and placed it in the game rom's zipped file. Now all three games just crash mame to desktop. Cruisin USA is the Midway racer only game that works. Help?

MichaelMichael54321
Cautious Forum Poster
Reged: 01/19/13
Loc: U.S.A
Send PM

Re: Midway Seattle games screwed in 148 new [Re: Outrun2006]
#305888 - 03/17/13 07:46 PM

Quote:

I cannot get any of the Midway Seattle racing games to boot in mame 148u1. Is this normal? Upon attempting to run the following games:

California Speed
SF Rush
SF Rush The Rock

.....At first I got an error saying I'm missing the c31boot.bin file, so I grabbed it and placed it in the game rom's zipped file. Now all three games just crash mame to desktop. Cruisin USA is the Midway racer only game that works. Help?

I can't help you with that, and I have 2 repsonses to your post:

1. California Speed, SF Rush, and SF Rush The Rock are all Atari, but it's possible that it's a Midway license.

2. Besides Cruis'n USA, Cruis'n World also works.

What? There's nothing here to say.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#305895 - 03/17/13 11:13 PM

> I cannot get any of the Midway Seattle racing games to boot in mame 148u1. Is this
> normal? Upon attempting to run the following games:
>
> California Speed
> SF Rush
> SF Rush The Rock
>
> .....At first I got an error saying I'm missing the c31boot.bin file, so I grabbed it
> and placed it in the game rom's zipped file. Now all three games just crash mame to
> desktop. Cruisin USA is the Midway racer only game that works. Help?

They don't crash to desktop for me in either 32-bit or 64-bit builds. You could have some corrupt NVRAM (check nvram\sfrush) or something in your build isn't from original sources?

SF Rush The Rock is known not to work after selecting a car and is labeled not working. The other sets do play (albeit slowly), so long as you are quick to configure the controls when you first boot. Start with the wheel left and right until indicator goes from red/green - then clutch, brake, accel, making sure they all show green, then press "ABORT"). The game should then show title screen, credits 0/3 and ready to accept coins.

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Midway Seattle games screwed in 148 new [Re: Tafoid]
#306049 - 03/20/13 10:17 PM

I am pleased to announce that I have resolved the problem. The issue was with HLSL. Seems as though if you have HLSL_Write and HLSL_Read both set to 1, it screws up mame for some games. Set those to 0 and now it runs the games but now they don't save my HLSL settings. Weird.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#306057 - 03/21/13 02:28 AM

> I am pleased to announce that I have resolved the problem. The issue was with HLSL.
> Seems as though if you have HLSL_Write and HLSL_Read both set to 1, it screws up mame
> for some games. Set those to 0 and now it runs the games but now they don't save my
> HLSL settings. Weird.

If you'd given the full names of those options, hlsl_ini_read and hlsl_ini_write, you might have realized why that is, because they control exactly what their names say

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Midway Seattle games screwed in 148 new [Re: R. Belmont]
#306074 - 03/21/13 07:44 AM

> > I am pleased to announce that I have resolved the problem. The issue was with HLSL.
> > Seems as though if you have HLSL_Write and HLSL_Read both set to 1, it screws up
> mame
> > for some games. Set those to 0 and now it runs the games but now they don't save my
> > HLSL settings. Weird.
>
> If you'd given the full names of those options, hlsl_ini_read and hlsl_ini_write, you
> might have realized why that is, because they control exactly what their names say

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actually they say, and have always said hlsl_ini_read and hlsl_ini_write. I just forgot to insert the "ini" part when I wrote that post off the top of my head. But yeah, it is in fact the culprit. Strangely enough, I've found that if you change those lines from 1 to 0, then back to 1 again, they run fine. Go figure.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 226 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 6268