MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

YTomino
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/16/13
Send PM

Astroblaster start in small screen, please help me!
#305818 - 03/16/13 02:34 AM

Hello to every member from an italian guy!
I'm another MAME maniac, and I like to play the childhood videogames in my free time.
I have buyed the fantastic X-Arcade tankstick (and modded almost everything LOL), so the original feeling is at the top!
I use Mame+ with MamePGui+ as frontend, and with the correct parameters everything works fine!
But I have a problem with one game: Astroblaster.
In fact I'm not able to start that game in full screen mode: I have tried every setting, but it start always in small size, at the center of the screen, also in 90 degrees rotation mode.
I have unchecked the bezels, but nothing happens!
Can anyone help me?
Thanks a lot in advance!

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Astroblaster start in small screen, please help me! new [Re: YTomino]
#305822 - 03/16/13 03:42 AM

> Hello to every member from an italian guy!
> I'm another MAME maniac, and I like to play the childhood videogames in my free time.
> I have buyed the fantastic X-Arcade tankstick (and modded almost everything LOL), so
> the original feeling is at the top!
> I use Mame+ with MamePGui+ as frontend, and with the correct parameters everything
> works fine!
> But I have a problem with one game: Astroblaster.
> In fact I'm not able to start that game in full screen mode: I have tried every
> setting, but it start always in small size, at the center of the screen, also in 90
> degrees rotation mode.
> I have unchecked the bezels, but nothing happens!
> Can anyone help me?
> Thanks a lot in advance!

Try changing "View" option to "Cropped" in the TAB/Video Options. If for some reason that doesn't get you full vertical screen, move or delete the artwork.zip from your artwork folder. Ensure, too, you don't have an .ini or .cfg file with that setname that would change your settings.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Astroblaster start in small screen, please help me! new [Re: YTomino]
#305823 - 03/16/13 03:43 AM

> Hello to every member from an italian guy!
> I'm another MAME maniac, and I like to play the childhood videogames in my free time.
> I have buyed the fantastic X-Arcade tankstick (and modded almost everything LOL), so
> the original feeling is at the top!
> I use Mame+ with MamePGui+ as frontend, and with the correct parameters everything
> works fine!
> But I have a problem with one game: Astroblaster.
> In fact I'm not able to start that game in full screen mode: I have tried every
> setting, but it start always in small size, at the center of the screen, also in 90
> degrees rotation mode.
> I have unchecked the bezels, but nothing happens!
> Can anyone help me?
> Thanks a lot in advance!

Which MAME version are you using? I haven't had a problem starting a game. I'm using 0.148u1 + svn changes.

Maybe it the MAME+ or MamePGui+ issue. Try out the plain MAME to see the problem go away. Make sure deleted cfg and nvram as well.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

YTomino
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Astroblaster start in small screen, please help me! new [Re: Tafoid]
#305829 - 03/16/13 04:52 AM

Hi .. wow You was right!
"Crop Artwork" was the appropriate command ... a BIG THANK YOU !!

YTomino
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Astroblaster start in small screen, please help me! new [Re: Dullaron]
#305830 - 03/16/13 04:53 AM

Hi!
Thanks for the reply ... "Crop Artwork" was the appropriate command! Mr. Tafoid has solved my problem

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 186 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1009