MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

I don't necessarily want to do physical harm to J.J. Abrams
#305394 - 03/07/13 07:15 PM

But I wouldn't mind lowering him down into a well and bitching at him for 2 days while drinking and pissing on his head. The fact that he doesn't know jack fuck all shit about Star Trek combined with his audacity to be the first person to wreck the timeline in a Hollyweird reboot just to pimp the Kirk character, just bothers me more and more as time passes and I feel the need to let Abrams know this while I piss on his head in a semi-drunken state. Also I would have to tell that asshole that Winona Ryder as Spock's mom is the biggest miscast I've ever seen and putting her in aging makeup was the act of a retard. I haven't seen anything look so fake and stupid since they put Sharon Stone in a fatsuit for Alpha Dog. Then I would tell him maybe he should put himself in a fat suit and jump off the Empire State Building, while I'm pissing on him.

At this point I would take a break and go in the house and take a dump. But I would shit directly onto toilet paper and bring it back out with me post wipe and drop it on JJ and say look JJ, it's brown. Now look at my piss. It's yellow. Therefore not everything in the universe is teal and orange. It's a goddamn revelation. After a couple of days of this I would take off and then call the local media to go bail him out and film him being lifted out of the well covered in my piss and shit.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: I don't necessarily want to do physical harm to J.J. Abrams new [Re: Smitdogg]
#305396 - 03/07/13 08:20 PM

> But I wouldn't mind lowering him down into a well and bitching at him for 2 days
> while drinking and pissing on his head. The fact that he doesn't know jack fuck all
> shit about Star Trek combined with his audacity to be the first person to wreck the
> timeline in a Hollyweird reboot just to pimp the Kirk character, just bothers me more
> and more as time passes and I feel the need to let Abrams know this while I piss on
> his head in a semi-drunken state.

I actually thought it was a decent idea. The original cast is too old (or in some cases, too dead) to continue playing the same roles. So you get younger people to take over the roles, but this means you have to make prequels, because it would make no sense for everyone to suddenly get 40 years younger and keep on like nothing happened. The problem with prequels is that the timeline is already pretty well fleshed out, which means the stories get increasingly hackneyed as they try to shoehorn them into the existing canon.

Rebooting it the way they did doesn't negate any of the original series or movies, having Leonard Nimoy's Spock makes that clear, but at the same time it gives them the ability to start from a clean slate and tell new stories. I guess you could question why we need new ST:TOS stories at all, but if you accept that, I think they managed to do it in the least awful way possible.

> Also I would have to tell that asshole that Winona
> Ryder as Spock's mom is the biggest miscast I've ever seen and putting her in aging
> makeup was the act of a retard. I haven't seen anything look so fake and stupid since
> they put Sharon Stone in a fatsuit for Alpha Dog.

Nope, the worst and most pointless age makeup in the history of cinema is Guy Pearce playing Peter Weyland in Prometheus.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: I don't necessarily want to do physical harm to J.J. Abrams new [Re: DMala]
#305398 - 03/07/13 08:31 PM

I disagree. He shouldn't have been able to make the movies without being a fan or at least having watched enough of it to understand you don't fuck the timeline. You've got thousands of years to pick from but they wanted to bring Kirk back because he was the most popular/profitable. The movies have mostly already lost the core principles temporarily to be able to Hollywood out in a bigger than life adventure for an hour and a half and that's fine, but at least they didn't garble up the timeline. Rick Berman just went tits up after Enterprise.

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: I don't necessarily want to do physical harm to J.J. Abrams new [Re: DMala]
#305402 - 03/07/13 08:49 PM

> Nope, the worst and most pointless age makeup in the history of cinema is Guy Pearce
> playing Peter Weyland in Prometheus.

Actually there are deleted scenes of a younger Weyland, hence picking a not-too-old actor like Guy Pierce for that role. It looks pointless if there's not a future extended cut which includes those scenes. I am not sure if these scenes are in the DVD/BR as I don't own it (yet).

For me the most pointless age makeup is Leo in J. Edgar. It's too exaggerated. Maybe they wanted to cover the baby face, but the final effect pretty much dillutes the suspension of disbelief needed in such a movie. Surprising coming from Eastwood.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Re: I don't necessarily want to do physical harm to J.J. Abrams new [Re: Smitdogg]
#305409 - 03/08/13 12:36 AM

I really hate the Uhura/Spock romance also. It messes the timeline for the first interracial kiss

Edited by Antny (03/08/13 12:37 AM)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: I don't necessarily want to do physical harm to J.J. Abrams new [Re: Antny]
#305411 - 03/08/13 12:55 AM

Spock with emotion problems at all out of childhood or pon farr is gay as fuck.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#305417 - 03/08/13 01:42 AM

> Spock with emotion problems at all out of childhood or pon farr is gay as fuck.

I can't wait to see how he screws up Star Wars.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: I don't necessarily want to do physical harm to J.J. Abrams new [Re: Foxhack]
#305418 - 03/08/13 01:50 AM

I doubt he will do worse than Lucas did with the last 3. For one thing everyone knows the original trilogy back and forth. To really know what Star Trek is you can't just watch a few of the movies growing up.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#305420 - 03/08/13 02:25 AM

> I doubt he will do worse than Lucas did with the last 3. For one thing everyone knows
> the original trilogy back and forth. To really know what Star Trek is you can't just
> watch a few of the movies growing up.

If Abrams had any balls, he'd do some kind of time travel shit with Star Wars and make it so the three prequels never happened.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: I don't necessarily want to do physical harm to J.J. Abrams new [Re: Foxhack]
#305421 - 03/08/13 03:40 AM

> > Spock with emotion problems at all out of childhood or pon farr is gay as fuck.
>
> I can't wait to see how he screws up Star Wars.

Given the flaws introduced by I, II, and III, if what comes out for SW are sequels, VII, VIII, IX, whatever, he might need to go well out his way to screw them up...

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: I don't necessarily want to do physical harm to J.J. Abrams new [Re: krick]
#305425 - 03/08/13 06:05 AM

> If Abrams had any balls, he'd do some kind of time travel shit with Star Wars and
> make it so the three prequels never happened.

If the three sequels somehow manage to turn out completely awesome, then they should just go back and remake the first three. Unfortunately, a.) I doubt the sequels will be good enough to make it worthwhile, and b.) I'd bet Lucas would find some way to veto it anyway.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#305482 - 03/09/13 02:38 PM

> Spock with emotion problems at all out of childhood or pon farr is gay as fuck.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#305484 - 03/09/13 03:35 PM

> > Spock with emotion problems at all out of childhood or pon farr is gay as fuck.
>
> I can't wait to see how he screws up Star Wars.

I can kill the first three with one photo...

You'll be too busy coke nail spotting to to pay attention from here on out.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 265 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2357