MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

The Big Man
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/08/06
Send PM

Jamma mame pc conversion
#305151 - 03/02/13 01:04 AM

Having a problem with my mame cab conversion, I'm using an ArcadeVga and J-pac booting into the Mamewah Frontend, was working fine until recently but now receiving a cmos error on bootup and the bios returning to default(not saving) have tried replacing the battery and clearing the cmos but to no avail, I have came to the conclusion that there is an issue with the battery socket on the motherboard as If I leave the ac power connected the machine will boot up and shutdown no problem through windows as long as I leave the power connected, strange thing is though if I use the shutdown option within Mamewah the machine will not boot back up and it loses sync not displaying anything on the arcade monitor, I know it is the cmos error because if I disconnect the pc and connect it to a normal pc monitor I can read the error, so as-side from the obvious fact that I have a motherboard issue why does everything work fine until I use Mamewah's shutdown command? someone please help, I'm losing the will to live here

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Jamma mame pc conversion new [Re: The Big Man]
#305153 - 03/02/13 01:08 AM

Scrape the battery contacts to clean them just to make sure they haven't corroded.

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Jamma mame pc conversion new [Re: The Big Man]
#305165 - 03/02/13 06:09 AM

How old is the motherboard? Check for bulging capacitors. It was a MAJOR problem with older motherboards...

http://goo.gl/oatFy

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

The Big Man
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Jamma mame pc conversion new [Re: krick]
#305194 - 03/02/13 08:53 PM

Not really sure how old it is but it wont be far off 10 years, had heard about the capacitors issue previously, all seem to be fine. The issue with the motherboard dosen't concern me nearly as much as the fact that the software(mamewah's shutdown command) seems to be directly affecting what the hardware does, could the software be improperly shutting down the system? I've posted my original post in the Mamewah forum incase anyone there has any ideas.

The Big Man
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Jamma mame pc conversion new [Re: Naoki]
#305195 - 03/02/13 08:54 PM

Can't see any evidence of corrosion

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2652