MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

twistyAdministrator
Space Lord
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

A huge thanks to Dream Authentics! : )
#299947 - 12/03/12 09:43 PM

We'd like to announce that MameWorld has found a new home and is now permanently hosted by the owner Rick from Dream Authentics...who happens to be a long-time sponsor of us...and who is also a community member as well as and all-around swell guy who really pulled through in a generous manner and offered to help us out in our time of need : )

So if you'd like to show your appreciation for MameWorld being back, we welcome you to consider supporting Dream Authentics in return...they sell a superb line of quality arcade products for your future retrogaming needs, cheers!

www.dreamauthentics.com

...and...

www.retroarcadeslive.com

sveinjo
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/07
Send PM

Re: A huge thanks to Dream Authentics! : ) new [Re: twisty]
#299948 - 12/03/12 09:54 PM

Good show Is the whole site back online? Mr. Do's Arcade Artwork page seems to be down still.

twistyAdministrator
Space Lord
Send PM

Re: A huge thanks to Dream Authentics! : ) new [Re: sveinjo]
#299950 - 12/03/12 10:11 PM

> Good show Is the whole site back online? Mr. Do's Arcade Artwork page seems to be
> down still.

Fixed, thanks for the heads-up

sveinjo
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/07
Send PM

#299952 - 12/03/12 10:35 PM

np Seems like it still has some issues though. The frontpage loads, but the in-game artwork page is empty of content, and only has it's header.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: A huge thanks to Dream Authentics! new [Re: twisty]
#299953 - 12/03/12 11:40 PM Attachment: applause.gif 100 KB (0 downloads)

>the owner Rick from Dream Authentics...who happens to be a long-time sponsor of us...and
>who is also a community member as well

Big thanks. Same to Roc, Twisty, Smit and any others helping out getting MW runing again.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

twistyAdministrator
Space Lord
Send PM

Re: A huge thanks to Dream Authentics! : ) new [Re: sveinjo]
#299955 - 12/03/12 11:55 PM

> np Seems like it still has some issues though. The frontpage loads, but the in-game
> artwork page is empty of content, and only has it's header.

Thanks again, I had to use a workaround here...the basic issue is that on this server config, HTML pages aren't being parsed as PHP...even with the proper config line to do so in .htaccess ie. [AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php .html .htm] .... It's a bit of a different setup than our last host, but it's no biggie since I just changed the file extension to PHP for that particular page... at least it's working again : )

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#299956 - 12/04/12 12:14 AM

> > np Seems like it still has some issues though. The frontpage loads, but the in-game
> > artwork page is empty of content, and only has it's header.
>
> Thanks again, I had to use a workaround here...the basic issue is that on this server
> config, HTML pages aren't being parsed as PHP...even with the proper config line to
> do so in .htaccess ie. [AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php .html .htm] .... It's a
> bit of a different setup than our last host, but it's no biggie since I just changed
> the file extension to PHP for that particular page... at least it's working again : )

I'm sure you're aware but many subdomains are still down.

Welcome back!

- Stiletto

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

I was homeless without the MW up. (NT) new [Re: twisty]
#299957 - 12/04/12 12:25 AM

I'm glad this is working out.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

twistyAdministrator
Space Lord
Send PM

Re: A huge thanks to Dream Authentics! : ) new [Re: Stiletto]
#299958 - 12/04/12 12:27 AM

> I'm sure you're aware but many subdomains are still down.

Yeah it's just part of the propagation process...the subs seem to take longer for some to see again but it eventually fixes itself so just hang tight : )

> Welcome back!

Thanks, just making an appearance for old times sake ^_^

RetroRepair
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/21/09
Send PM

#300018 - 12/05/12 12:01 AM

Glad to see things have been resolved, I know things go tits up here once a year or so but there's always a part of me worried this place had gone the way of MAWS.

http://www.youtube.com/retrorepair

DreamAuthentics
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/05/12
Send PM

Re: A huge thanks to Dream Authentics! : ) new [Re: RetroRepair]
#300019 - 12/05/12 12:10 AM

Thanks for all the kind words! DreamAuthentics has been a huge supporter of the MAME community as well as mameworld. We have had a great affiliation with this site, the MAME community and naturally all of our customers all over the world for the past 10 years. Thanks again for the entire mameworld staff - it is a pleasure to work with such a talented and friendly group! GAME ON!

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: A huge thanks to Dream Authentics! : ) new [Re: RetroRepair]
#300035 - 12/05/12 03:46 AM

> Glad to see things have been resolved, I know things go tits up here once a year or
> so but there's always a part of me worried this place had gone the way of MAWS.

If you'd like to volunteer some babysitting hours to either CBW or myself, Maws could be back in short order...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 304 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2634