View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Boam
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/06/12
Send PM

newbie LID needs help.
#298560 - 11/06/12 03:03 PM

Hi only found out about MAME about 3 weeks ago, have searched this forum and other places but can not find How to auto start a game as soon as you turn the PC on?, I have windows XP and want the "Boulder dash" game to start when the kids turn the pc on, at the moment I turn the pc on open mame then open boulder dash for the kids to play....... please how can i get it to start auto. thank you.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Hi. new [Re: Boam]
#298567 - 11/06/12 06:46 PM

I tried to use the command bat file to boot that game up on Windows 7 Startup. Failed with errors. So I think it will be best to use a frontend to boot up first and then boot the game from there. MAMEWAH boot on the Windows 7 Startup just fine. You shouldn't have a problem doing the same on Windows XP.

Anyway here is how I got the MAMEWAH to load. I went to MAMEWAH folder and then make a MAMEWAH shortcut.

Put it into the C:\Users\Gateway\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and then restart the computer. After the Windows 7 boot up then the MAMEWAH boot up after that.

"For an individual user:

C:\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

For all users:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

Your path should be right here on Windows XP. C:\Documents and Settings\user\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Boam
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/06/12
Send PM

Re: Hi. new [Re: Dullaron]
#298626 - 11/07/12 04:30 PM

thanks for the info. look forward to learning a lot more.

CpCaveman
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/07/12
Send PM

Re: Hi. new [Re: Boam]
#299344 - 11/19/12 03:47 AM

i`m using mala frontend to start my mame cabinet and theres an option to for it to run at windows start, can also be set to play a specific game straight away or load the last played game, or stay at the game menu so you can choose what you want, sounds like what you want it to do, I`m new at this too

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Programming
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Pi 
0 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2965