MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

BadMouth
Arcade Racing Fan
Reged: 06/13/11
Send PM

Model 2 Emulator - Analogue joystick input for gun games?
#295517 - 09/11/12 01:53 AM

Is it possible to configure Nebula's M2 emulator to accept joystick input (instead of mouse) for the positional gun games?

RetroRepair
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/21/09
Send PM

Re: Model 2 Emulator - Analogue joystick input for gun games? new [Re: BadMouth]
#295766 - 09/15/12 01:54 AM

I would assume there is a way to convert mouse movements to joystick movements with the aid of something like joytokey or similar external application.

That said, HowardC is working on m2 I/O over on byoac right now, it might be worth taking a look in the software forum.

http://www.youtube.com/retrorepair

BadMouth
Arcade Racing Fan
Reged: 06/13/11
Send PM

Re: Model 2 Emulator - Analogue joystick input for gun games? new [Re: RetroRepair]
#295962 - 09/17/12 03:05 PM

Thanks for replying RetroRepair

I asked about this because of the work Howard and RamjetR are doing. RamjetR claimed to have dual wii controllers working at some point long ago by having them appear as joysticks, but has been unable to replicate it. He thinks that he enabled joysticks for gun input in Model 2 somewhere. I've messed around with positional guns and model 2 a fair amount and have never seen the option.
(I did have one gun working with a few different joy2mouse type programs, but the movement of the crosshairs was jerky, as if they were moving accross a grid, snapping from point to point)

I thought maybe someone on this board who had El Semi's code or more knowledge of M2's developement process might know a way.

I've tried older versions back to v.7 and the old Nebula emulator. I haven't tried x-input yet, but will when I get an xbox controller.

With Howard's current glovepie wii script, the controllers appear as joysticks. If there were a way to use dual joysticks for the gun games in M2, they wouldn't have to bother finding memory locations and writing a "troubleshooter" type program to get dual guns working.

Edited by BadMouth (09/18/12 07:25 PM)

RetroRepair
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/21/09
Send PM

Re: Model 2 Emulator - Analogue joystick input for gun games? new [Re: BadMouth]
#300206 - 12/07/12 11:55 PM

Did you find a solution to this?

http://www.youtube.com/retrorepair

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 496 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2357