MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

dustmite
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/08/10
Send PM

Romset passes "verifyroms" but Mame says roms are missing.
#295344 - 09/09/12 12:30 AM

For example, I'll run mame -verifyroms fatfury1 and it says "romset fatfury1 is good." Yet if I try running the game, mame lists several files that are missing. If I open the fatfury1.zip, the files are there.

I've got quite a few romsets like this. I'm guessing they're just wrong or corrupt, but it seems weird that they pass the -verifyroms check then. Any idea why/how this would happen?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Romset passes "verifyroms" but Mame says roms are missing. new [Re: dustmite]
#295349 - 09/09/12 12:52 AM

> For example, I'll run mame -verifyroms fatfury1 and it says "romset fatfury1 is
> good." Yet if I try running the game, mame lists several files that are missing. If I
> open the fatfury1.zip, the files are there.
>
> I've got quite a few romsets like this. I'm guessing they're just wrong or corrupt,
> but it seems weird that they pass the -verifyroms check then. Any idea why/how this
> would happen?

What version/flavor of MAME are you using? If you are not using a baseline version (such as MAMEPLUS or similar), they are known to have different BIOSES needed to run neogeo games. That would be the only thing I could think of offhand short of some rom configuration issue between bioses and actual games.

You can use "-listcrc fatfury1" to see what MAME expects as far as rom crc's and compare as well.

dustmite
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Romset passes "verifyroms" but Mame says roms are missing. new [Re: Tafoid]
#295361 - 09/09/12 03:29 AM

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned what I'm running. It's plain old mame0146b from mamedev.org. The 32-bit version on Windows XP.

Which makes me think that my roms are just buggered. But it's weird that it passes the verifyroms check then, isn't it?

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Romset passes "verifyroms" but Mame says roms are missing. new [Re: dustmite]
#295362 - 09/09/12 04:16 AM

> Oh yeah, I should have mentioned what I'm running. It's plain old mame0146b from
> mamedev.org. The 32-bit version on Windows XP.
>
> Which makes me think that my roms are just buggered. But it's weird that it passes
> the verifyroms check then, isn't it?

It passes the verifyroms check because that's what Geese Howard wants you to think.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

MrV2K
Explainer in simple terms.
Reged: 04/23/04
Loc: SE, England
Send PM

#295400 - 09/09/12 07:33 PM

> Oh yeah, I should have mentioned what I'm running. It's plain old mame0146b from
> mamedev.org. The 32-bit version on Windows XP.
>
> Which makes me think that my roms are just buggered. But it's weird that it passes
> the verifyroms check then, isn't it?

Sounds like your missing the neo-geo bios files. Check to make sure you have neogeo.zip in your roms folder.

"I See Dead People!"

easyEmu

dustmite
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Romset passes "verifyroms" but Mame says roms are missing. new [Re: MrV2K]
#295533 - 09/11/12 04:09 AM

neogeo.zip is there. And I obtained fatfury1 from a different source and it works fine. I also have the same issue with brapboys which doesn't use a bios and another game I can't remember.

Is it possible that somebody made dummy files that have the same checksum, but then of course fail when Mame tries to load them? Seems like that would be a lot of trouble to go to just to punk some rom collectors, but don't know what else it could be.

It's a tad frustrating since I figured I could just run mame -verifyroms and know that I'm good to go. Now I either have to run each game manually to see if it's working, or just grab a whole new set from a (hopefully) better source.

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

#295538 - 09/11/12 04:25 AM

Why don't you just use clrmamepro? It can check crc and MD5. That would probably be hard to fake both!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#295566 - 09/11/12 03:00 PM

> For example, I'll run mame -verifyroms fatfury1 and it says "romset fatfury1 is
> good." Yet if I try running the game, mame lists several files that are missing. If I
> open the fatfury1.zip, the files are there.
>
> I've got quite a few romsets like this. I'm guessing they're just wrong or corrupt,
> but it seems weird that they pass the -verifyroms check then. Any idea why/how this
> would happen?

If you pasted the "unzip -v" output from your zip file then someone might be able to help. Doing an "unzip -t" is worthwhile as well.

Without something to go on we can only guess and guesses don't really help.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 372 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2084