MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Essentially my conversation today with Snowflake consisted of me saying OK OK and Snowflake replied with something like OK, OK OK
#293722 - 08/13/12 12:59 AM

At this point he got up on his tail saying shit like eeeee eeeee and I really could not care less should you decide to quote him. *SEVEN YEARS* I am with Siegfried. We are making the dolphins disappear and then Roy is coming with the tiger and the stuffing in the pants AND THEN I'M GONE.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Temba, his arms wide/open <nt> new [Re: Smitdogg]
#293723 - 08/13/12 02:05 AM

> At this point he got up on his tail saying shit like eeeee eeeee and I really could
> not care less should you decide to quote him. *SEVEN YEARS* I am with Siegfried. We
> are making the dolphins disappear and then Roy is coming with the tiger and the
> stuffing in the pants AND THEN I'M GONE.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

You Tamarian son of a bitch new [Re: italie]
#293724 - 08/13/12 02:09 AM

I already made it through all of DS9. Overall great. I have a review I haven't posted yet. The other series aren't gripping me too well.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: You Tamarian son of a bitch new [Re: Smitdogg]
#293738 - 08/13/12 06:51 AM

If you haven't seen it, you should check out the Star Trek: Voyager 2-part episode "Year of Hell". It's one of my favorite of the series...
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Year_of_Hell_(episode)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_Hell

Some time prior to 2174, the brilliant Krenim military temporal scientist Annorax, of the once-powerful Krenim Imperium, developed and oversaw construction of a weapon ship whose primary weapon created causality paradoxes by causing temporal incursions. Using this ship, he supervised the complete genocide of a race that had removed the Krenim as the dominant power in the Delta Quadrant by causing the race to never come into existence. But the erasure of that race from history caused the near destruction of his own race and his attempts to undo this led to the erasure of the existence of his wife. For the last two hundred years, obsessed with restoring her along with the full glory of the Krenim Imperium, he and the crew of his temporal weapon ship have been creating one causality paradox after another, altering and re-altering history, erasing and restoring race after race.

You can watch "Year of Hell" online here...

http://ishare.rediff.com/video/enter...part-1/2472970
http://ishare.rediff.com/video/enter...part-2/2473178

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: You Tamarian son of a bitch new [Re: krick]
#293739 - 08/13/12 07:02 AM

All the ST series are on Netflix (for now at least). Is Voyager like TNG and DS9 in that the first season is really rough and then the quality ramps up like hell? All the reviews I see have fanboys screaming about how bad it is. I have the original 1960s, Voyager and Enterprise left. Which should I do next? I don't want to do a single ep unless the series is really shit other than a couple of episodes.

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Reged: 02/06/12
Loc: an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.
Send PM

#293740 - 08/13/12 07:39 AM Attachment: star-trek-animated-series.jpg 297 KB (0 downloads)

So you have already done the animated series then?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

There is no law in the arena

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#293741 - 08/13/12 07:41 AM

I really liked Voyager. I don't know why people have a problem with it. You should watch it next. Like all shows, there's a few crappy episodes here and there, but on the whole, I thought it was very good. I actually like it a lot more than DS9. Voyager feels more like the classic Star Trek series to me.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#293742 - 08/13/12 07:58 AM

You saw all of DS9 and liked it better? But there's no Quark. OK well then Voyager next.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: You Tamarian son of a bitch new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#293743 - 08/13/12 07:59 AM

Is that Adult Swim or something... Anyway not really looking for a cartoon one right now. I need to watch the real ones before they are removed from Netflix.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#293744 - 08/13/12 08:07 AM

> I really liked Voyager. I don't know why people have a problem with it. You should
> watch it next. Like all shows, there's a few crappy episodes here and there, but on
> the whole, I thought it was very good. I actually like it a lot more than DS9.
> Voyager feels more like the classic Star Trek series to me.

I have to agree with the above. Voyager is very awesome and I never get tired of watching all the episodes. Someone watching it from the beginning for the first time might not realize how awesome it actually is until they get all the way through the end of season 2. It only gets better as you keep going and the final season and episodes are so damn awesome.

My favorite will always be TNG, nothing will ever beat that for me. My preference are as follows.

TNG > Voyager > DS9 > TOS > Enterprise

To be fair though I haven't had time to give Enterprise a fair chance. I have only watched a couple episodes of it.

Tomorrow I'm running out to get TNG season 1 on Blu-Ray \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Reged: 02/06/12
Loc: an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.
Send PM

#293745 - 08/13/12 08:18 AM

TAS is the original second coming of Star Trek!

You can't get more real than that.

There is no law in the arena

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: You Tamarian son of a bitch new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#293746 - 08/13/12 08:22 AM

I looked it up, wow the original crew, never knew. Also on Netflix. I'll check that out after I watch the original series.

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Toledo, OH. USA
Send PM

Re: You Tamarian son of a bitch new [Re: B2K24]
#293774 - 08/13/12 11:54 PM

> TNG > Voyager > DS9 > TOS > Enterprise
>
> To be fair though I haven't had time to give Enterprise a fair chance. I have only
> watched a couple episodes of it.

The first two seasons of Enterprise were pretty bad. Season three was a huge improvement. Basically a single, season-long story. Season four was really good too as the writers did a good job tying the series into TOS.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: You Tamarian son of a bitch new [Re: Allnatural]
#293783 - 08/14/12 02:16 AM

> > TNG > Voyager > DS9 > TOS > Enterprise
> >
> > To be fair though I haven't had time to give Enterprise a fair chance. I have only
> > watched a couple episodes of it.
>
> The first two seasons of Enterprise were pretty bad. Season three was a huge
> improvement. Basically a single, season-long story. Season four was really good too
> as the writers did a good job tying the series into TOS.

I thought most of the problem with ST:E was the constant canon violations, which I personally wrote off as a byproduct of all the temporal shenanigans.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 173 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1793