MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

wild eyed
Corcreeghagh
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

games similiar to Golly Ghost..... (image in the playfield)
#293691 - 08/12/12 06:22 PM

hi all, what games also use a background image in the playfield, like golly ghost does........

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: games similiar to Golly Ghost..... (image in the playfield) new [Re: wild eyed]
#293712 - 08/12/12 11:39 PM

> hi all, what games also use a background image in the playfield, like golly ghost
> does........

Not sure. You'd have to look through Mr. Do's Artwork site:
http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_ingame.html?p=a#here

Just look for the name of the light gun game you want and see how it looks using the (VIEW) link.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: games similiar to Golly Ghost..... (image in the playfield) new [Re: Tafoid]
#293737 - 08/13/12 06:44 AM

> > hi all, what games also use a background image in the playfield, like golly ghost
> > does........
>
> Not sure. You'd have to look through Mr. Do's Artwork site:
> http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_ingame.html?p=a#here
>
> Just look for the name of the light gun game you want and see how it looks using the
> (VIEW) link.

Actually what he's looking for, are games with backdrops. On third column click on "BD" to list all of them.

However, Golly! Ghost! is the only game I know it uses a diorama instead of a still background.

wild eyed
Corcreeghagh
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: games similiar to Golly Ghost..... (image in the playfield) new [Re: BIOS-D]
#294902 - 09/01/12 03:06 PM

> > > hi all, what games also use a background image in the playfield, like golly ghost
> > > does........
> >
> > Not sure. You'd have to look through Mr. Do's Artwork site:
> > http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_ingame.html?p=a#here
> >
> > Just look for the name of the light gun game you want and see how it looks using
> the
> > (VIEW) link.
>
> Actually what he's looking for, are games with backdrops. On third column click on
> "BD" to list all of them.
>
> However, Golly! Ghost! is the only game I know it uses a diorama instead of a still
> background.

yeah thats what i mean, the golly ghost looks suberb because of that background, real depth....

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: games similiar to Golly Ghost..... (image in the playfield) new [Re: BIOS-D]
#294903 - 09/01/12 03:47 PM

> > > hi all, what games also use a background image in the playfield, like golly ghost
> > > does........
> >
> > Not sure. You'd have to look through Mr. Do's Artwork site:
> > http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_ingame.html?p=a#here
> >
> > Just look for the name of the light gun game you want and see how it looks using
> the
> > (VIEW) link.
>
> Actually what he's looking for, are games with backdrops. On third column click on
> "BD" to list all of them.
>
> However, Golly! Ghost! is the only game I know it uses a diorama instead of a still
> background.

A lot of games did this to some extent. Even space invaders was a 3 part backdrop.

Always thought that space tactics did this best / to the extreme. Lit backdrop, mirrored monitor on a rotating mount, dual LED bars positioned at an angle to act as the laser fire.

pure unadulterated technomesching bliss.

yaggy
Coin-op fixer
Reged: 01/23/05
Loc: Philadelphia
Send PM

Re: games similiar to Golly Ghost..... (image in the playfield) new [Re: wild eyed]
#294976 - 09/03/12 04:25 PM

my friend has a golly ghost in great shape but is missing the PCB. hope he finds one, it's a neat game.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: games similiar to Golly Ghost..... (image in the playfield) new [Re: yaggy]
#294982 - 09/03/12 06:40 PM

I don't recall ever seeing one for sale. He might have better luck trying a conversion from a cheap System 2 board if you could get past the Namco key chips if maybe the guns were handled by some common Namco I/O board. Don't know. But I don't expect the board to show up.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2185