MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Aabra
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/14/08
Send PM

Volume Issue for Capcom Games
#293106 - 08/02/12 09:21 AM

I would like to increase the volume in various Capcom games. For example Marvel Super Heroes and Street Fighter Alpha 2. I find the volume a bit low and in a loud environment it can be difficult to hear.

I open up the dip switch as normal with F2 and go to the sound options... no problem and see that the volume is set at 39%.

Then I'm stuck doing sound tests! I've tried every button I can think of but all I end up doing is changing what sound test I hear. I can't get down to the volume control even though I can see it as clear as day. Does anybody know how to adjust this? Here's a screenshot:

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Volume Issue for Capcom Games new [Re: Aabra]
#293112 - 08/02/12 03:42 PM

> I would like to increase the volume in various Capcom games. For example Marvel Super
> Heroes and Street Fighter Alpha 2. I find the volume a bit low and in a loud
> environment it can be difficult to hear.
>
> I open up the dip switch as normal with F2 and go to the sound options... no problem
> and see that the volume is set at 39%.
>
> Then I'm stuck doing sound tests! I've tried every button I can think of but all I
> end up doing is changing what sound test I hear. I can't get down to the volume
> control even though I can see it as clear as day. Does anybody know how to adjust
> this? Here's a screenshot:

Some things to note:

- The 39 is not 39%, it is a scale based on 0-39, where 39 is the loudest and 0 is silent. In this case, MAME hardwires all volume settings to MAXIMUM (39).

- Any volume controls on a CPS2, as I understand, are on the amplifier portion of the board/speakers which MAME does not emulate.

- Best way to amplify it is to use the Slider Controls in the TAB menu, changing the 1.00 for "Q-Sound" channels to something higher (up to 2.00 be default). You could also adjust your speaker knob a bit to taste.

Arcade games were not meant to all be controlled by one case, amp, or set of speakers. Each game board and cabinet handled sound differently and you are expected to come across differences in output between games. The slider controls are your best bet in this instance unless you have an easy to access volume knob.

Aabra
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/14/08
Send PM

Re: Volume Issue for Capcom Games new [Re: Tafoid]
#293126 - 08/02/12 06:22 PM

Thanks a ton for the info. Increasing those Q-Volume settings helped a bunch. It's still not quite at the appropriate volume level but it's way better than before.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 336 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3328