MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Strader327
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/26/12
Send PM

Controller problems, trying to play "outrun" on Mame emulator
#291998 - 07/17/12 10:48 AM

Hello everyone, this problem is much like the one I was having with playing "Pole Position" on the Mame emulator seen here:

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

The game will read the buttons on the right side of the controller for the acceleration and brake but it will not read the cross button on the left for steering. It's the same exact deal with Pole Position.

But from what you all told me Pole Postion on the Mame reads controllers either not at all or if it does it reads them funny.

I think in the thread link I posted above, I think it was AWJ that said when playing "Outrun" on Mame it should run fine if using a PS2 or Xbox type controller.

Now mine isn't specifically a PS2 or Xbox brand controller but it's a similar design. It's a Phillips Recoil GGE909, with a similar design and buttons.

So if AWJ or anyone else who knows how to play Outrun smoothly on the MAME emulator please feel free to give me some feedback on how you configure your controller for the game.

Thank you all for your time.

Strader327
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Controller problems, trying to play "outrun" on Mame emulator new [Re: Strader327]
#292237 - 07/20/12 12:46 AM

*bump up to the top*

grog
Reged: 09/06/11
Send PM

Re: Controller problems, trying to play "outrun" on Mame emulator new [Re: Strader327]
#292241 - 07/20/12 02:22 AM

im no expert (hmm i always start my posts with that) but perhaps you need to load up mame and go into the config menu (default key TAB), and study the following sub-menus:

- Input (this Game)
- Analog Controls

try to learn what everything means in both of those sub-menus (by reading the mame docs and help etc)

once you understand, hopefully you will move closer to solving your problems

so, to begin, check out this information below:

http://mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php/FAQ:Controls

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=234593

additional:
something to try if u have not done so already:

- install a fresh copy of mame -
- dont use or setup your joystick this time -
try playing outrun and pole position using the default keyboard keys/config settings... (use left+right arrow keys to steer car, and CTRL key to accelerate).. dont change any of the controls or other settings/setup. if the car is not steering properly* for you, report back here.

*within reason, considering you are using keys and not an analog wheel which the game was originally designed for!

Strader327
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Controller problems, trying to play "outrun" on Mame emulator new [Re: grog]
#292251 - 07/20/12 04:11 AM

Thank you very much Gorg, I'll try that out and see how it works! Thanks again!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 392 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2461