View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Tfin, your presence is requested.
#290040 - 06/22/12 08:03 AM Attachment: 2012-06-21_20.50.50.png 357 KB (0 downloads)

And bring a pumpkin.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Tfin, your presence is requested. new [Re: GatKong]
#290049 - 06/22/12 01:23 PM

> And bring a pumpkin.

Oh.

I'd logged on a few times and not seen anyone, but went to bed early last night.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Tfin, your presence is requested. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#290077 - 06/22/12 09:46 PM

3:37pm my time, my connection to the server is absolutely awful.

I logged on earlier, at the Stronghold, and stepped into the nether portal, having seen your connection to the Dig Portal Room.

Stood there for a minute or so before being disconnected, couldn't reconnect.

Tried again just now. Found I was in the nether, saw the "dig it..." sign. Got lost. Dug stairs out of a hole, saw where I was, ran around lava lake and up stairs, stood in Portal Station portal, and waited. And waited, until the server got back to me and said, "No, you never dug those stairs to get out of the hole." Found myself in the hole again.

Did that two more times, once managing to destroy the end of the bridge that crosses the lava lake while trying to extinguish a fire. I think the server liked that change, despite not admitting I got out of the hole. Finally was disconnected again.

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

#290087 - 06/23/12 03:03 AM Attachment: 2012-06-21_22.28.43.png 886 KB (0 downloads)

> 3:37pm my time, my connection to the server is absolutely awful.
>
> I logged on earlier, at the Stronghold, and stepped into the nether portal, having
> seen your connection to the Dig Portal Room.
>
> Stood there for a minute or so before being disconnected, couldn't reconnect.
>
> Tried again just now. Found I was in the nether, saw the "dig it..." sign. Got lost.
> Dug stairs out of a hole, saw where I was, ran around lava lake and up stairs, stood
> in Portal Station portal, and waited. And waited, until the server got back to me and
> said, "No, you never dug those stairs to get out of the hole." Found myself in the
> hole again.
>
> Did that two more times, once managing to destroy the end of the bridge that crosses
> the lava lake while trying to extinguish a fire. I think the server liked that
> change, despite not admitting I got out of the hole. Finally was disconnected again.

The server is unreachable for me as of right now too, 6:00PM PST. Will check back later.

On the lighter side of things, Gat and I were able to successfully introduce an alien species into the End World.

Attachment

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Tfin, your presence is requested. new [Re: jeremymtc]
#290089 - 06/23/12 04:02 AM

!!!

Not at the chicken.

You've either beaten, or not yet encountered, the dragon.

It will/would destroy any placed block that is not end stone or obsidian.

An hour after your post, no server. I'll play Other Things.

I've very nearly landed on the Mun safely, failing three times because the ground keeps hitting me. At 1950 meters last time, couldn't slow down in time.

Pickpockets are annoying me in Assassin's Creed 2, as are the controls that put "jump up and grab the next handhold" on the same combination of buttons as "jump off the building to your death."

Quantum Conundrum needs trying.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#290090 - 06/23/12 04:12 AM

> !!!
>
> Not at the chicken.
>
> You've either beaten, or not yet encountered, the dragon.
>
> It will/would destroy any placed block that is not end stone or obsidian.
>
> An hour after your post, no server. I'll play Other Things.
>
> I've very nearly landed on the Mun safely, failing three times because the ground
> keeps hitting me. At 1950 meters last time, couldn't slow down in time.
>
> Pickpockets are annoying me in Assassin's Creed 2, as are the controls that put "jump
> up and grab the next handhold" on the same combination of buttons as "jump off the
> building to your death."
>
> Quantum Conundrum needs trying.

Go play the Google logo.

- Stiletto

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Tfin, your presence is requested. new [Re: Stiletto]
#290093 - 06/23/12 04:26 AM

> > !!!
> >
> > Not at the chicken.
> >
> > You've either beaten, or not yet encountered, the dragon.
> >
> > It will/would destroy any placed block that is not end stone or obsidian.
> >
> > An hour after your post, no server. I'll play Other Things.
> >
> > I've very nearly landed on the Mun safely, failing three times because the ground
> > keeps hitting me. At 1950 meters last time, couldn't slow down in time.
> >
> > Pickpockets are annoying me in Assassin's Creed 2, as are the controls that put
> "jump
> > up and grab the next handhold" on the same combination of buttons as "jump off the
> > building to your death."
> >
> > Quantum Conundrum needs trying.
>
> Go play the Google logo.

I don't ever see the google logo things, as they don't appear on iGoogle.
>
> - Stiletto

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Send PM

#290096 - 06/23/12 04:53 AM Attachment: screenshot58.png 1073 KB (0 downloads)

> !!!
>
> Not at the chicken.
>
> You've either beaten, or not yet encountered, the dragon.
>
> It will/would destroy any placed block that is not end stone or obsidian.
>
> An hour after your post, no server. I'll play Other Things.
>
> I've very nearly landed on the Mun safely, failing three times because the ground
> keeps hitting me. At 1950 meters last time, couldn't slow down in time.
>
> Pickpockets are annoying me in Assassin's Creed 2, as are the controls that put "jump
> up and grab the next handhold" on the same combination of buttons as "jump off the
> building to your death."
>
> Quantum Conundrum needs trying.

I think our server difficulty level may be to blame. The dragon is present, but he does not decimate blocks. I spent about 20 minutes just standing there and taking pot-shots at him 'til I ran out of arrows (doing no real damage), and he taking runs at me, causing no real damage.

Semi-OT, how are you managing your Mun landings? I find that nice way to do it is to get into a nice orbit before attempting a landing, and then targeting the same general area for successive landings. That way, you already know what the approximate elevation of your landing site will be. Currently have multiple lander/rover vessels on and around the Mun and Minmus. One of them even made a trip to Munar orbit, Minmus transfer and Minmus landing/roving and back to Mun orbit (still have plenty of fuel for a Kerbin return, but knocked the reentry parachute off the command module during one of the transitions so decided to park it). Hit me up if you want the .craft files.

Attachment

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

#290099 - 06/23/12 05:34 AM

The server was down, but I got it back up.

>The dragon is present, but he does not decimate blocks.

Oh my God yes he does. He flew thru our outpost while I was in the basement. Yes, he flies through the ground as if it's not there. Aside from taking me down to 1/2 heart life as he drifted thru me, he eliminated the cobble steps out of the store room I was in. Upon rebuilding those to get out I saw he also eliminated the entire wood forest and the entire melon farm, plants, torches, dirt and all. That was one pass of the dragon. If he had of hit the outpost head on in stead of just scraping it, we would have lost everything.

The contents of the chests were untouched, so not sure if he just missed them, or if chests protect their contents from his damage.

Strangely enough the water also survives his pass, so we had a new swimming pool where the farm used to be.

I was able to rebuild, but it used up a lot of our limited dirt. Fortunately he didn't take out the one "sacred" grass block I planted in the far wall for decoration! I was able to use it to re-seed grass into the chicken farm.

On a side note bludyphoenix brought some pumpkins into the End, allowing me to bring to life my steel golem! DUDE! It went on a friggin' rampage!!! Punching the shit out of endermen like they were rag dolls... hilarious! Pearls everywhere. The endermen eventually overwhelmed him and he did eventually die, dropping a measly 5 iron for the 36 iron it took to build him... oh, and a beautiful red rose. Probably the best show in MC I've witnessed yet. DEfinintely worth an encore.

P.S. I'm still stuck in the End. I could slay the dragon and get out, but I'm sure we should all be present for that monumental milestone.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Tfin, your presence is requested. new [Re: GatKong]
#290101 - 06/23/12 07:31 AM

> The server was down, but I got it back up.
>
> > The dragon is present, but he does not decimate blocks.
>
> Oh my God yes he does. He flew thru our outpost while I was in the basement. Yes, he
> flies through the ground as if it's not there. Aside from taking me down to 1/2 heart
> life as he drifted thru me, he eliminated the cobble steps out of the store room I
> was in. Upon rebuilding those to get out I saw he also eliminated the entire wood
> forest and the entire melon farm, plants, torches, dirt and all. That was one pass of
> the dragon. If he had of hit the outpost head on in stead of just scraping it, we
> would have lost everything.
>
> The contents of the chests were untouched, so not sure if he just missed them, or if
> chests protect their contents from his damage.
>
> Strangely enough the water also survives his pass, so we had a new swimming pool
> where the farm used to be.
>
> I was able to rebuild, but it used up a lot of our limited dirt. Fortunately he
> didn't take out the one "sacred" grass block I planted in the far wall for
> decoration! I was able to use it to re-seed grass into the chicken farm.
>
> On a side note bludyphoenix brought some pumpkins into the End, allowing me to bring
> to life my steel golem! DUDE! It went on a friggin' rampage!!! Punching the shit out
> of endermen like they were rag dolls... hilarious! Pearls everywhere. The endermen
> eventually overwhelmed him and he did eventually die, dropping a measly 5 iron for
> the 36 iron it took to build him... oh, and a beautiful red rose. Probably the best
> show in MC I've witnessed yet. DEfinintely worth an encore.
>
> P.S. I'm still stuck in the End. I could slay the dragon and get out, but I'm sure we
> should all be present for that monumental milestone.

Tips:

Yes, the dragon destroys chests. It does not destroy chest carts though, so you can build those and place them around.

You cannot kill the dragon until you have destroyed most or all of the (very unstable and explosive) health regenerators on top of the obsidian pillars. Use a pick, sword, arrow, snowball, whatever to hit them. You'll see beams from them restoring the dragon's health if it is in range.

You could store your things in a chest(cart) and die to get out and resupply if needed.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#290104 - 06/23/12 08:14 AM

> Semi-OT, how are you managing your Mun landings? I find that nice way to do it is to
> get into a nice orbit before attempting a landing, and then targeting the same
> general area for successive landings. That way, you already know what the approximate
> elevation of your landing site will be. Currently have multiple lander/rover vessels
> on and around the Mun and Minmus. One of them even made a trip to Munar orbit, Minmus
> transfer and Minmus landing/roving and back to Mun orbit (still have plenty of fuel
> for a Kerbin return, but knocked the reentry parachute off the command module during
> one of the transitions so decided to park it). Hit me up if you want the .craft
> files.

No, they won't do me any good right now, as I'm using NovaSilisko's 1.2 parts in place of the standard part set.
He's working on all-new parts for the official 0.16 version that will be out soon.

Some of the parts in this particular set are broken (2-meter quad coupler) and many (C7's spaceplane parts) are missing, but the parts that are there are balanced a bit better than the old ones that will soon be removed.

Not that they're the parts we'll have, either. He's shown some of the new standard parts in his dev thread on the website forum. All standard rocket parts are 2.5m rather than the current 1m diameter, to fix a physics problem they had with what were going to have to be 0.4m-tall kerbonauts.

Anyway, my main problem is probably impatience. I should let them orbit until the landing site is in sunlight, so I can see. Then I should let them fall much lower before using the third stage to slow them, rather than slowing them repeatedly for 100k meters and using up most of the fuel. I could also stand to practice the intercept, rather than using stage 2 to get out there and then establishing an orbit just inside that of the Mun's so that I catch up to it in a week or two. (Stage 2 is pretty big. Stage 1 barely gets past 5000m, stage 2 lasts until some time during my actual landing attempt. If I stuck legs on it I might be able to land with it.)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

OK, so back on topic... new [Re: GatKong]
#290130 - 06/23/12 09:52 PM

I've logged on, gone home, grabbed stuff, come back to the Stronghold, and entered The End.

I found the storage room, put my things there, and gone up to the surface, where I see the dragon sitting in place slowly beating wings against the sky.

We need to coordinate a day and time for this, I think.

I'm eastern, Jer's pacific, so that's our range. Today I'm home from about 6:30 EDT (5:30 C, 3:30 P). My evening... activities... are on a schedule I've little foreknowledge of. They generally consist of getting a call asking me to pick someone up, or getting surprised by someone popping in for (or with) dinner. Beyond that I can control things.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

OK, so back off topic... (KSP) new [Re: TriggerFin]
#290136 - 06/24/12 01:25 AM

After having lost a dozen brave Kerbal souls to the whims of Munar rotation, terrain, and gravity, the KSC's Jerley, Calbles, and Kelbin Kermin have used all-new technology and fresh parts to land their craft intact on the far side, skidding a few meters as they set down on a slope perhaps steeper than they anticipated.

In this artist's rendering (they aren't equipped for an EVA), you can see the non-articulated lander legs, three-windowed command pod, RCS array, and compact fuel tank of the third stage of their rocket. Hidden beneath a shroud is the diminutive landing engine, which will provide sufficient thrust to return them to orbit in a few days time, after which we expect a triumphant return to Kerbin and the Space Center.

None of the three has plans to retire, and are hoping to one day visit Minmus together, after current research produces working extra-vehicular gear.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: OK, so back on topic... new [Re: TriggerFin]
#290147 - 06/24/12 05:52 AM

I'm around, checking periodically. this evening and tomorrow. Any time is good, Gatinha is travelling, and the kids are away, so I gots nowhere else to go.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: OK, so back on topic... new [Re: GatKong]
#290157 - 06/24/12 02:51 PM

> I'm around, checking periodically. this evening and tomorrow. Any time is good,
> Gatinha is travelling, and the kids are away, so I gots nowhere else to go.

If we're all sitting here checking the "join server" page to see if others are on, no one will ever be on.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Golem powered Endermen perimeter defense new [Re: GatKong]
#290169 - 06/25/12 03:01 AM Attachment: 2012-06-24_19.42.32.png 665 KB (0 downloads)

Now he stays safe, while kick'n ass. Got stacks of pearls now.

Attachment

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: Golem powered Endermen perimeter defense new [Re: GatKong]
#290170 - 06/25/12 03:35 AM

Okay, been a LONG time since I played but couldn't an Enderman grab one of those blocks creating an entrance?

Ever made a really long chicken coop? Just run down the middle on your way out every morning and get stacks of aggro ammo.

==================================
| c c c c c c cc c c c cc c c cc c c c c c cc |
->
| c c c c cc c c c c c c cc c c c c cc c c c c|

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Golem powered Endermen perimeter defense new [Re: aavada]
#290173 - 06/25/12 04:02 AM

> Okay, been a LONG time since I played but couldn't an Enderman grab one of those
> blocks creating an entrance?

No, they are very limited now in what blocks they can pick up. End Stone is not one, because they live on an island in a void.

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Send PM

#290176 - 06/25/12 04:47 AM

> > I'm around, checking periodically. this evening and tomorrow. Any time is good,
> > Gatinha is travelling, and the kids are away, so I gots nowhere else to go.
>
> If we're all sitting here checking the "join server" page to see if others are on, no
> one will ever be on.

Hey guys, was out all day and didn't get a chance to check in. You guys make any progress?

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: OK, so back on topic... new [Re: jeremymtc]
#290192 - 06/25/12 01:24 PM

> Hey guys, was out all day and didn't get a chance to check in. You guys make any
> progress?

Woo, yeah. Being Monday, I'll assume you're out until, say, 9pm my time.

Say when you be, before you be.

The dragon must will die.

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Send PM

#290225 - 06/25/12 09:16 PM

> > Hey guys, was out all day and didn't get a chance to check in. You guys make any
> > progress?
>
> Woo, yeah. Being Monday, I'll assume you're out until, say, 9pm my time.
>
> Say when you be, before you be.
>
> The dragon must will die.

Should be back about 6:00PM PST, 9 yer time.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: OK, so back on topic... new [Re: jeremymtc]
#290233 - 06/25/12 10:12 PM

> > > Hey guys, was out all day and didn't get a chance to check in. You guys make any
> > > progress?
> >
> > Woo, yeah. Being Monday, I'll assume you're out until, say, 9pm my time.
> >
> > Say when you be, before you be.
> >
> > The dragon must will die.
>
> Should be back about 6:00PM PST, 9 yer time.

I should be in at that time, but I'm expecting to have to leave an hour later. People who can't drive, people who shouldn't drive, people without cars.

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Send PM

Gat, we're on server now if you're around <nt> 6:15 PST new [Re: TriggerFin]
#290254 - 06/26/12 03:16 AM

> > > > Hey guys, was out all day and didn't get a chance to check in. You guys make
> any
> > > > progress?
> > >
> > > Woo, yeah. Being Monday, I'll assume you're out until, say, 9pm my time.
> > >
> > > Say when you be, before you be.
> > >
> > > The dragon must will die.
> >
> > Should be back about 6:00PM PST, 9 yer time.
>
> I should be in at that time, but I'm expecting to have to leave an hour later. People
> who can't drive, people who shouldn't drive, people without cars.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Gat, I'm off the server now, for an hour or so 10:00 EDT (nt) new [Re: jeremymtc]
#290256 - 06/26/12 03:59 AM

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Uh, Gatinho... I'm off the server now. -Dragon new [Re: TriggerFin]
#290263 - 06/26/12 06:22 AM Attachment: 2012-06-25_22.17.25.png 1855 KB (0 downloads)

Attachment

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 303 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3534