MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Grilled wings and hot sauce
#290031 - 06/22/12 04:42 AM

My 2 cents. Between Texas Pete and Frank's, I'll take Frank's. Both have full flavor, but Texas Pete's has no heat whatsoever, and Frank's brings it. Additionally there's a hotter version of Frank's if the Original isn't hot enough for you. Secondly, I prefer the inner wing section over the mini drum stick. The drum stick might be easier to eat, but the extra fat content on the wingie brings the flavor burst and wins out. Tastes damn delicious. I still love the drummies too though.

Protip: If you wind up with sauce too hot for guests etc., micro it with butter. The butter cuts the heat. Now go grill some wings.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Grilled wings and hot sauce new [Re: Smitdogg]
#290033 - 06/22/12 04:48 AM

> My 2 cents. Between Texas Pete and Frank's, I'll take Frank's. Both have full flavor,
> but Texas Pete's has no heat whatsoever, and Frank's brings it. Additionally there's
> a hotter version of Frank's if the Original isn't hot enough for you. Secondly, I
> prefer the inner wing section over the mini drum stick. The drum stick might be
> easier to eat, but the extra fat content on the wingie brings the flavor burst and
> wins out. Tastes damn delicious. I still love the drummies too though.
>
> Protip: If you wind up with sauce too hot for guests etc., micro it with butter. The
> butter cuts the heat. Now go grill some wings.

Franks is awesome stuff, but I end up adding heat to the hot stuff.....(yes, the red bottle)...I use the orange stuff on everything. Love it. It's like my katsup.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Grilled wings and hot sauce new [Re: italie]
#290034 - 06/22/12 04:50 AM

Hmm I thought all the Frank's bottles were red... The Original is perfect for me. My friend is a fiend for Pete's but that stuff honestly there's not a bit of heat.

Gyrovision
so many more levels...
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Area 51 Nevada
Send PM

Re: Grilled wings and hot sauce new [Re: Smitdogg]
#290042 - 06/22/12 08:35 AM

Frank's original is THE wing sauce, been a uber user since the 1980's and buy it by the half gallon. Lately I've been adding about a tablespoon of chili flake in the batch for extra pep. Now I know what I want for lunch tomorrow...

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

Re: Grilled wings and hot sauce new [Re: italie]
#290060 - 06/22/12 04:33 PM

Quote:

Franks is awesome stuff, but I end up adding heat to the hot stuff.....(yes, the red bottle)...I use the orange stuff on everything. Love it. It's like my katsup.

Frank's is yummy stuff. It has a nice balance of heat and garlic. Tabasco's original sauce is great for straight heat but Frank's wins out on overall flavor.

I am hopelessly hooked on Sriracha. I'm halfway though that bottle. It's gotta be that combination of heat'n'gahhhhhhhhlic. :-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1239