MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

rodimusprimal
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/11/12
Send PM

controls GONE!
#289674 - 06/17/12 06:05 AM

So I updated my MAME from 143 to 146u1 on Thursday and I came across a bug that will be EXTREMELY TEDIOUS! All my controller configurations are GONE. I can see they save to the NVRAM but as I've been going through them I've noticed new files now save to the NVRAM folder but the old files are still there. Is there a way to fix this?

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: controls GONE! new [Re: rodimusprimal]
#289691 - 06/17/12 04:21 PM

> So I updated my MAME from 143 to 146u1 on Thursday and I came across a bug that will
> be EXTREMELY TEDIOUS! All my controller configurations are GONE. I can see they save
> to the NVRAM but as I've been going through them I've noticed new files now save to
> the NVRAM folder but the old files are still there. Is there a way to fix this?

NVRAM has nothing to do with control configuration.

Changed controls are stored in the cfg folder.

S

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: controls GONE! new [Re: Sune]
#289693 - 06/17/12 04:31 PM

> NVRAM has nothing to do with control configuration.
>
> Changed controls are stored in the cfg folder.

Unless he's referring to the in-game calibration necessary for many things with analog controls.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: controls GONE! new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#289698 - 06/17/12 05:38 PM

> > NVRAM has nothing to do with control configuration.
> >
> > Changed controls are stored in the cfg folder.
>
> Unless he's referring to the in-game calibration necessary for many things with
> analog controls.

Yeah I forgot about that but I think he would have mentioned calibration specifically if that was the issue.

Anyway if that's the problem, he can just let the game create new ones first to see what the filename should be, then rename the old NVRAM files and copy them in. That should work at least for the games that still only write a single file. Some games write several now.

Try it and see if it works..

S

rodimusprimal
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/11/12
Send PM

Re: controls GONE! new [Re: Sune]
#289700 - 06/17/12 05:45 PM

I looked into the cfg file and all the reconfiguration that I've done so far is obviously dated the past couple of days but the games I've not reconfigured the controls are STILL there but I guess MAME 146 doesn't recognize them and overwrites them after I setup the new controls.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 644 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1213