MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Breetai
Semi-Lurker "full time drinker"
Reged: 11/02/03
Loc: Omaha
Send PM

Why?
#289253 - 06/12/12 04:36 AM Attachment: fury.jpg 31 KB (0 downloads)

Why would you need a twin screw what are they gonna pull?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Breetai
Semi-Lurker "full time drinker"
Reged: 11/02/03
Loc: Omaha
Send PM

mad max4 new [Re: Breetai]
#289256 - 06/12/12 04:51 AM Attachment: fury2.jpg 20 KB (0 downloads)

> Why would you need a twin screw what are they gonna pull?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: mad max4 new [Re: Breetai]
#289266 - 06/12/12 06:08 AM

> > Why would you need a twin screw what are they gonna pull?

I really, really want MM4 to be good. I'm kind of afraid they're going to veer off into more Thunderdome, dystopian future sci-fi crap and less Mad Max/Road Warrior insane car chase/battles, though.

I do think not casting Mel Gibson in this one was a good choice. He was awesome in the first three, but he's too old and such a raving lunatic these days, it would be worse than an elderly Harrison Ford in the last Indiana Jones flick. Sometimes you just have to pass the torch.

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: mad max4 new [Re: DMala]
#289286 - 06/12/12 05:15 PM

Mad Max 4 is going to suck.You know,I know it we all know it.Sometimes you just have to let the classics be just that,classics.The original lore will be shit all over,as usual.
There is really no need for a MM4,just like there is no need to remake Scarface,which I hope has been cancelled.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: mad max4 new [Re: mesk]
#289293 - 06/12/12 06:33 PM

> Mad Max 4 is going to suck.You know,I know it we all know it.Sometimes you just have
> to let the classics be just that,classics.The original lore will be shit all over,as
> usual.
> There is really no need for a MM4,just like there is no need to remake Scarface,which
> I hope has been cancelled.

How does one cancel a movie that's been out for 19 years?

No, I'm not misunderstanding the sentence, I'm saying the 1983 movie was already a remake, and if they return it to 1920s Chicago, I'm all for another one.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

Re: mad max4 new [Re: TriggerFin]
#289344 - 06/13/12 03:36 AM

Quote:

...just like there is no need to remake Scarface,which I hope has been cancelled...

In a way, the "Scarface: The World Is Yours" video game was. And it is as dumb as it sounds. That's why it was in the bargain bin. They couldn't even get Al Pacino to reprise his role so you get a horrendous impersonator. Which is any poor schlub off the street.

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 147 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1765