MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Let's get it started
#288731 - 06/05/12 03:35 AM

Locked necrothread seems to have killed this board. Let's get the chat going again. Let's start with some controversial statements:

• DonPachi is better than DoDonPachi
  • None of the sequels to Taisen Hot Gimmick have the charm of the original
  • The girl walking off the track at the start in the original Ridge Racer is the sexiest moment of any arcade racing game
  • The best King of Fighters episode is the last one before SNK died: KoF 2000 – better than ’97 or any of the Eolith and Playmore ones
  • Street Fighter EX2+ rocks, but you just have to not think of it as a Street Fighter game
  • Super X is actually a fun, solid vertical shooter

Prove me wrong, bitches!

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Let's get it started new [Re: Matty_]
#288741 - 06/05/12 05:33 AM

> Prove me wrong, bitches!

But I can't. I agree with all of them.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#288747 - 06/05/12 01:59 PM

Where the hell is everybody?

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Let's get it started new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#288803 - 06/06/12 11:14 AM

> Where the hell is everybody?

Mourning the TROLOLOL guy.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Let's get it started new [Re: Pi]
#288851 - 06/06/12 11:06 PM

> > Where the hell is everybody?
>
> Mourning the TROLOLOL guy.

Or on the MESS Shout Box...

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Re: Let's get it started new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#288866 - 06/07/12 02:30 AM

> > > Where the hell is everybody?
> >
> > Mourning the TROLOLOL guy.
>
> Or on the MESS Shout Box...

this board is turning into EmuAdvice

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#288869 - 06/07/12 03:09 AM

A low blow even for you :P

-DonPachi is better than DoDonPachi

I like both, don't see the point in arguing. You'll say something like Donpachi has better balance in so and so and then I could say well I have more fun playing Dodon. So, who cares. If you want something fun, this is a recent translation from the Cave history book:

Donpachi
"Let's make a Toaplan style shooting game!" That was the concept for this game, but partly because we were inexperienced, throughout the development people kept pointing out parts which weren't very Toaplan-y. "This bullet pattern isn't like Toaplan" ... "The speed of this boss isn't like Toaplan" ..."The way this helicopter moves isn't like Toaplan" ... "This boss fight", "These enemy bullets", "This ship"... so on and so forth. What's Toaplan, again? (Programmer)

The voiceover was done by a man named Bob. We'd send him the Japanese beforehand by fax (this was before the internet). We told him we wanted the voice to be like a teacher to the player. He took that intention and translated it into English in a cool way, changing the expression or nuance of things to sound better. We were really rushing when we recorded it, and we had to change some things. The sessions last really long, and Bob's voice was hoarse, but he soldiered on to the end. (Sound Engineer)

The title Donpachi is said to have been created by our President while he was on a walk from Kagurazaka to Ichigaya. The story is after his walk he went to a meeting and said "how about Donpachi?" The "don" would be spelled with the kanji for "shuryou" (meaning head, or leader), and "pachi" would use the normal character for bee, "hachi." Up till the end the President was saying "isn't there some other character we can use for hachi?" (Programmer)

-None of the sequels to Taisen Hot Gimmick have the charm of the original

Knew you were a perv, didn't know you took it as far as mahjong though.

-The girl walking off the track at the start in the original Ridge Racer is the sexiest moment of any arcade racing game

Probably.

-The best King of Fighters episode is the last one before SNK died: KoF 2000 – better than ’97 or any of the Eolith and Playmore ones

Rage of the Dragons is the only fighter on NeoGeo that I can still have fun with.

-Street Fighter EX2+ rocks, but you just have to not think of it as a Street Fighter game

Yes.

Super X is actually a fun, solid vertical shooter

I'll give it another shot, haven't played it in years. Didn't find anything you said to be particularly controversial.

DrArcade
AKA Mr. CAST
Reged: 03/27/12
Loc: Latin America
Send PM

Re: Let's get it started new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#288904 - 06/08/12 12:12 AM

> Or on the non-loggable, small scroll back buffer MESS Shout Box...

There, FTFY!

Mr. CAST

DrArcade
AKA Mr. CAST
Reged: 03/27/12
Loc: Latin America
Send PM

#288906 - 06/08/12 12:13 AM

> > > > Where the hell is everybody?
> > >
> > > Mourning the TROLOLOL guy.
> >
> > Or on the MESS Shout Box...
>
> this board is turning into EmuAdvice

Smitdogg could unban the 8 personalities of driverman??

Mr. CAST

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 494 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1616