MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Pernod
Lurker
Reged: 01/12/04
Loc: UK
Send PM

Softlist Generator
#288514 - 06/02/12 12:32 PM

Is there anything out there to make creating softlists a little easier?

I'm thinking of a tool where you fill in the common parameters such as
Code:

part name="flop1" interface="floppy_5_25"

and it will scan a folder creating a software element for each file found filling in the rom name, size, crc, sha1.

Then the user would go through each entry filling in the description, year, publisher, etc.

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

Re: Softlist Generator new [Re: Pernod]
#288531 - 06/02/12 05:02 PM

> Is there anything out there to make creating softlists a little easier?
>
> I'm thinking of a tool where you fill in the common parameters such as part
> name="flop1" interface="floppy_5_25" and it will scan a folder creating a software
> element for each file found filling in the rom name, size, crc, sha1.
>
> Then the user would go through each entry filling in the description, year,
> publisher, etc.

there is no such a tool, unfortunately

I typically use Dir2Dat option in clrmame and then I do some regex replacements to add the missing <part> and <dataarea> bits. this completes the automatic part, and then you have to start filling the info.
Alternatively, if I don't have clrmame handy, I tend to use php or perl scripts.
Some time ago I also hacked up the -romident command in MESS to output the necessary info, but I stopped using this because everytime I have to change the part or interfaces name I find it easier to modify a (php/perl/regex) script than to recompile the emu

I think I can help you with this, just let me know which of the approaches above would fit better your skills / computer setup

Pernod
Lurker
Reged: 01/12/04
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: Softlist Generator new [Re: etabeta]
#288592 - 06/03/12 01:27 PM

>
> there is no such a tool, unfortunately
>
> I typically use Dir2Dat option in clrmame and then I do some regex replacements to
> add the missing and bits. this completes the automatic part, and then you have to
> start filling the info.
> Alternatively, if I don't have clrmame handy, I tend to use php or perl scripts.
> Some time ago I also hacked up the -romident command in MESS to output the necessary
> info, but I stopped using this because everytime I have to change the part or
> interfaces name I find it easier to modify a (php/perl/regex) script than to
> recompile the emu
>
> I think I can help you with this, just let me know which of the approaches above
> would fit better your skills / computer setup

I'm familiar with all of the above. I'd considered developing something specifically for the task, would it be useful? Though your suggestion of using Dir2Dat does as least create an initial list complete with size, crc, sha1, so a tool may not be all that beneficial.
Thanks.

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

Re: Softlist Generator new [Re: Pernod]
#288594 - 06/03/12 02:37 PM

yup, if you take the dir2dat output, then it is quite easy to perform the few regex substitutions needed to get a valid software list.

if you need anything specific, though, don't hesitate to ask

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 487 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1398