Pages: 1

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

no cap over the summer
#287110 - 05/20/12 09:30 PM

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2012/051712-comcast-bandwidth-259393.html?page=1

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: no cap over the summer new [Re: Andrew]
#287117 - 05/20/12 10:47 PM

Meh, it's still too expensive if FIOS is available in your area. I ditched them four months ago and I have yet to regret it.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#287118 - 05/20/12 10:49 PM

> http://www.networkworld.com/news/2012/051712-comcast-bandwidth-259393.html?page=1

It's Comcastic?

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#287145 - 05/21/12 02:58 AM

> http://www.networkworld.com/news/2012/051712-comcast-bandwidth-259393.html?page=1

Comcast customers have only been begging for tiered service since '04. Way to keep up with your customer base.

I dropped them 7 months ago after repeated bill hikes EVERY month. Went with Uverse thinking that the DSL coming in would be a bit slower. It's actually smoked my comcast service in just about every aspect...and I was pretty happy with the Comcast speeds. The 15/3 I have now feels a great deal quicker than the 20/5 I was supposedly getting before. Leads me to believe they were throttling pretty aggressively.

Not going back unless they start dropping fiber.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: no cap over the summer new [Re: italie]
#287155 - 05/21/12 04:07 AM

> I dropped them 7 months ago after repeated bill hikes EVERY month. Went with Uverse
> thinking that the DSL coming in would be a bit slower. It's actually smoked my
> comcast service in just about every aspect...and I was pretty happy with the Comcast
> speeds. The 15/3 I have now feels a great deal quicker than the 20/5 I was supposedly
> getting before. Leads me to believe they were throttling pretty aggressively.

I believe it's still true that with cable internet, you share bandwidth with everyone in your area. If you were on an especially congested node, you were probably never seeing anything like the full rated speed of your line, even without any throttling from Comcast.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: no cap over the summer new [Re: DMala]
#287157 - 05/21/12 05:28 AM

> > I dropped them 7 months ago after repeated bill hikes EVERY month. Went with Uverse
> > thinking that the DSL coming in would be a bit slower. It's actually smoked my
> > comcast service in just about every aspect...and I was pretty happy with the
> Comcast
> > speeds. The 15/3 I have now feels a great deal quicker than the 20/5 I was
> supposedly
> > getting before. Leads me to believe they were throttling pretty aggressively.
>
> I believe it's still true that with cable internet, you share bandwidth with everyone
> in your area. If you were on an especially congested node, you were probably never
> seeing anything like the full rated speed of your line, even without any throttling
> from Comcast.

It never seemed like congestion. Saw that a lot in Denver. This was definitely more of a consistent throttle.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1149