MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Arkade1998
MAME follower 1995-2012
Reged: 05/06/12
Loc: brentry,henbury,bristol
Send PM

konami s operation thunder hurricane
#285203 - 05/06/12 10:45 PM Attachment: Untitled.jpg 179 KB (1 downloads)

found something that a lil interesting on this game i guess.... i loaded up my save state from when i completed the game on the attract mode everything's all invisible nd glitched the hell up even though the sounds 100% with no stutter and video emulation in the background and the main attract sequence icon popped up in game which usually dont when running automatically.....

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

konami,sega,namco Y U NO PORT ARCADE GAMES AT ALL?????

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: konami s operation thunder hurricane new [Re: Arkade1998]
#285208 - 05/06/12 10:56 PM

> found something that a lil interesting on this game i guess.... i loaded up my save
> state from when i completed the game on the attract mode everything's all invisible
> nd glitched the hell up even though the sounds 100% with no stutter and video
> emulation in the background and the main attract sequence icon popped up in game
> which usually dont when running automatically.....

It's not so mysterious.. the game has unsupported Save States. That means when you choose to save (SHIFT+F7) and choose a slot you'll see a message stating, in part:
Save States are not officially supported for this game. This means MAME gives no guarantee, in those cases, that Save States will work at all.

A good test for a game to check to see if Save States are intended to work is to start a game with -autosave. If no message pops up to the screen, then the game does not support it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 587 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1552