MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

another compiling question...
#285199 - 05/06/12 10:29 PM

I am still having problems. Re-downloaded everything & started over. Same results. 145s compiles fine by itself.
Problems start when I patch with u1. Says it finds "Reversed patch detected! Assume -R? © Nettomo EOF Apply anyway? © Nettomo" I've tried it both ways, all yeses and all nos. Comes up with hunks of data rejected some written, most rejected. Ends with an ignored error 1 when linking mame.
I've never had a problem like this ever(years!)
u1 is all I've tried today becuase if it doesn't work to point of compiling correctly, u2 and on won't work either.

Help. Thoughts or ideas anyone ?.!

Later...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: another compiling question... new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#285209 - 05/06/12 11:13 PM

How are you patching the u1 diff?

You need to use

patch -p0 -E < 0145u1.diff

Hopefully your not using your C:\ drive because files can be locked by the O/S or UAC stuff so I always use secondary drives or even USB flash.

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

#285234 - 05/07/12 01:03 AM

Are you using the official patch tools from http://mamedev.org/tools/ ?
Set your path to ONLY include C:\mingw\mingw64-w64\bin OR where ever patch.exe resides.
What is your OS?

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#285244 - 05/07/12 02:30 AM

What is © Nettomo?

If you have redownloaded everything from mamedev.org you should have 0 problems and 0 weird prompts.

Are you using mingw-mame-w32-20110519.exe OR mingw-mame-w64-20110519.exe extracted to the root of a drive?

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: another compiling question... new [Re: B2K24]
#285252 - 05/07/12 03:54 AM Attachment: matrix glitch.png 128 KB (0 downloads)

I don't know what the netmomo stuff is. Didn't type it and didn't notice it when I sent it. Although something funny did happen when I hit continue. Clicked and IE shut down to the desktop. Logged back in and thought I'd have to re-post but it was there!?! Figured whatever. Another mystery for later on.

Anyway, I got everything from dev site again. Here's how far I got this time and the directory tree. I have everything in it's place and/or pointed to where it should go. says I'm missing libemu.a. It's nowhere to be found.
Tired, so I'll try again tomorrow after work. If anyone has any other ideas I'd be happy to try them.

Thanks again...
Oh, XP Pro 64

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Edited by Bad A Billy (05/07/12 04:14 AM)

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

#285268 - 05/07/12 04:51 AM

XP seems to be buggy with the compiler. If you were building a 32-bit version, I would say try it in Win PE. I could tell you how to get it free for your own use (use a Windows Vista or Windows 7 startup repair disc or anything based on one). Win PE doesn't support running 32-bit apps in a 64-bit environment, so you cannot build a 64-bit MAME in Win PE as far as I know because the compiler is 32-bit.

I posted before about compiling in WinPE with pictures, but cannot find the post.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#285346 - 05/07/12 04:44 PM

> I don't know what the netmomo stuff is. Didn't type it and didn't notice it when I
> sent it. Although something funny did happen when I hit continue. Clicked and IE shut
> down to the desktop. Logged back in and thought I'd have to re-post but it was
> there!?! Figured whatever. Another mystery for later on.

Between that and your compile problem, I'd strongly suspect a rootkit/virus/botnet. You might try scanning with some AV other than whatever your usual is.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 519 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1753