Pages: 1

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

NOS Pinball Machine
#284188 - 04/29/12 01:20 AM

http://gameroomblog.com/features/nearly-20-year-old-pinball-machine-found-still-new-in-box

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: NOS Pinball Machine new [Re: Andrew]
#284192 - 04/29/12 01:45 AM

> http://gameroomblog.com/features/nearly-20-year-old-pinball-machine-found-still-new-in-box

Nice!

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#284196 - 04/29/12 02:00 AM

That one is fun. I have played it before

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#284464 - 04/30/12 09:39 PM

> http://gameroomblog.com/features/nearly-20-year-old-pinball-machine-found-still-new-in-box

Nice. Would've been cooler if it was an older game, of course, but that's pretty unlikely at this point. And the 90s WMS games were all pretty good - it certainly wasn't product quality that sank them.

Ramirez
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/06/10
Loc: Brasil
Send PM

#284466 - 04/30/12 10:02 PM

Man... I love this table.

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

Re: NOS Pinball Machine new [Re: R. Belmont]
#284467 - 04/30/12 10:18 PM

I agree! I love the 90s Williams Tables.

At the local "Arcade" I frequent, they had a Road Show, but it broke and I don't want to know what happened to the pin!

There was another "vending" company that had a bad habit of "dumping" machines after they broke, and I hope the movie theater wasn't of the same mindset.

Right now they have a Transformers, Big Buck Hunt, Shrek, and one other pin, but I can't remember what it is at the moment.

They also have a "dying" Ms. Pac Man in the Movie Theater area, and a House of the Dead, Cruisin' World, Hydro Thunder, and Fast and the Furious, plus some sports titles, a Madden football, Golden Tee, and some bowling game by the Golden Tee folks.

I don't like the "new" Stern tables like the old Williams / Bally tables, they break too easily. The Shrek pinball tables mini playfield is broken, making the game hard to win. They took out a Batman table I was getting good at, and the others don't interest me.

I'd love a Theatre of Magic table, no need for the Asian jailbait either!.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: NOS Pinball Machine new [Re: greybeard]
#284472 - 04/30/12 10:55 PM

I think Pinball came of age in the early 80s, and then again in the late 80s. In particular of the latter:

Cyclone
F-14 Tomcat
Theatre of Magic
Circus Voltaire
The Addams Family

(Twilight Zone is cool, but a little funky. Doesn't quite make the cut.)

Pinball 2000 is cool, but a different kind of experience.

I think the '00+ Stern tables are generally great.

The recent Batman is kind of retro in its shallow grade playfield. Takes some getting used to. Clips easy, though.

Big Buck Hunter, Spider-Man, and Iron Man are capable early 90s descendants.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: NOS Pinball Machine new [Re: greybeard]
#284473 - 04/30/12 10:59 PM

My local cinema used to have an arcade section with a GlobalVR Alien cab, Coopers' 9 and something else, but for some reason they all dissapeared and the space isn't even there, it's been covered up by a wall. Strange.

The only other place I know of is closed to the public and local talk says he only repairs fruit machines, yet you can see some cabs through the window in the door. They're covered with cloths so I can't see. I asked about volenteer work there but I haven't had a reply back.

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

B2K24
Send PM

Re: NOS Pinball Machine new [Re: mogli]
#284480 - 04/30/12 11:39 PM

80s and 90s Williams, Data East, & Bally tables are all pretty much awesomeness.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573028/Road%20show.png

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#284509 - 05/01/12 02:44 AM

> I think Pinball came of age in the early 80s, and then again in the late 80s. In
> particular of the latter:
>
> Cyclone
> F-14 Tomcat
> Theatre of Magic
> Circus Voltaire
> The Addams Family
>

The Addams Family is one of the most in-demand pinballs ever. In good condition, they still sell for quite a bit more than they did new. It was a fantastic game. Someday, I will own one.

I used to work at a place that had some pinballs in the lunch room. I remember when they got a brand new Medieval Madness. That was a great game too.

They also had one of those wide-body Star Trek the Next Generation pinballs. I remember playing that one quite a bit. The size of the playfield took some getting used to.

At one point they got a Starship Troopers pinball. It was terrible. Not only was it unbelievably buggy, it just wasn't very fun.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

B2K24
Send PM

Re: NOS Pinball Machine new [Re: krick]
#284525 - 05/01/12 05:44 AM

> The Addams Family is one of the most in-demand pinballs ever. In good condition, they
> still sell for quite a bit more than they did new. It was a fantastic game. Someday,
> I will own one.

With a production run of over 21,000 games, Bally’s ‘The Addams Family’ most produced game ever.

What an awesome pin it really is. The power when activated was a really neat effect of the ball randomly moving around.

I had a lot of fun playing the real pin and still enjoy it in VP

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: NOS Pinball Machine new [Re: krick]
#284564 - 05/01/12 12:22 PM

> The Addams Family is one of the most in-demand pinballs ever. In good condition, they
> still sell for quite a bit more than they did new. It was a fantastic game. Someday,
> I will own one.

There are two Addams Family tables in good condition, as well as The Getaway and Terminator 2, at Time Gone in Cabramatta.

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

#284572 - 05/01/12 03:22 PM

I played the Stern AC/DC pinball a while back, now THAT is awesome
Don't normally play arcade machines (not worth the amount of money the operators want to charge these days IMO) but AC/DC is too cool to not at least try the machine
Reminded me just how hard a good pinball machine can be

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

Re: NOS Pinball Machine new [Re: B2K24]
#284578 - 05/01/12 04:26 PM

I thought Midevil Madness was the "most" expensive of the older pins and most popular, although I don't care for it all that much.

I prefer Twilight Zone and Theater of Magic.

Theater of Magic, femal magician shooting balls into a box!

No innuendo there!

I like Ripley's Believe it or Not and Batman from the "newer" Stern tables as well.

Did anyone notice on the "new" Stern tables almost every "Match" at the end of the game has the numbers coming out of someone's butt?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 292 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2789