MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Alternate Garou: MOTW title screen
#283057 - 04/18/12 02:42 AM

I know, odd question, but I remember seeing someone post an image of an alternate title screen for Garou: Mark of the Wolves a few years back. Instead of the title screen being made up of two large Japanese characters, it was entirely in English. Whoever made this used the graphics contained in the game itself.

It's been several years since then - and I can't seem to find the image via Google search. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Alternate Garou: MOTW title screen new [Re: Foxhack]
#283083 - 04/18/12 11:29 AM

> I know, odd question, but I remember seeing someone post an image of an alternate
> title screen for Garou: Mark of the Wolves a few years back. Instead of the title
> screen being made up of two large Japanese characters, it was entirely in English.
> Whoever made this used the graphics contained in the game itself.
>
> It's been several years since then - and I can't seem to find the image via Google
> search. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

http://www.neogeoprotos.com/games/garou_special.htm

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

Re: Alternate Garou: MOTW title screen new [Re: BIOS-D]
#283088 - 04/18/12 01:40 PM

> > I know, odd question, but I remember seeing someone post an image of an alternate
> > title screen for Garou: Mark of the Wolves a few years back. Instead of the title
> > screen being made up of two large Japanese characters, it was entirely in English.
> > Whoever made this used the graphics contained in the game itself.
> >
> > It's been several years since then - and I can't seem to find the image via Google
> > search. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
>
> http://www.neogeoprotos.com/games/garou_special.htm

That's NOT IT. This was made by someone who found the graphics in the ROM, and it had the words "Fatal Fury". I only remember this because I saw the graphics in the game while looking at it with a tile viewer.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

All Mexican thread FTW! -nt- new [Re: Foxhack]
#283090 - 04/18/12 03:00 PM

> > > I know, odd question, but I remember seeing someone post an image of an alternate
> > > title screen for Garou: Mark of the Wolves a few years back. Instead of the title
> > > screen being made up of two large Japanese characters, it was entirely in
> English.
> > > Whoever made this used the graphics contained in the game itself.
> > >
> > > It's been several years since then - and I can't seem to find the image via
> Google
> > > search. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
> >
> > http://www.neogeoprotos.com/games/garou_special.htm
>
> That's NOT IT. This was made by someone who found the graphics in the ROM, and it had
> the words "Fatal Fury". I only remember this because I saw the graphics in the game
> while looking at it with a tile viewer.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

Tacooooooooooooooooos *nt* new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#283103 - 04/18/12 05:32 PM

> > > > I know, odd question, but I remember seeing someone post an image of an
> alternate
> > > > title screen for Garou: Mark of the Wolves a few years back. Instead of the
> title
> > > > screen being made up of two large Japanese characters, it was entirely in
> > English.
> > > > Whoever made this used the graphics contained in the game itself.
> > > >
> > > > It's been several years since then - and I can't seem to find the image via
> > Google
> > > > search. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
> > >
> > > http://www.neogeoprotos.com/games/garou_special.htm
> >
> > That's NOT IT. This was made by someone who found the graphics in the ROM, and it
> had
> > the words "Fatal Fury". I only remember this because I saw the graphics in the game
> > while looking at it with a tile viewer.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Amigo new [Re: Foxhack]
#283143 - 04/19/12 12:15 AM

> > > > > I know, odd question, but I remember seeing someone post an image of an
> > alternate
> > > > > title screen for Garou: Mark of the Wolves a few years back. Instead of the
> > title
> > > > > screen being made up of two large Japanese characters, it was entirely in
> > > English.
> > > > > Whoever made this used the graphics contained in the game itself.
> > > > >
> > > > > It's been several years since then - and I can't seem to find the image via
> > > Google
> > > > > search. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
> > > >
> > > > http://www.neogeoprotos.com/games/garou_special.htm
> > >
> > > That's NOT IT. This was made by someone who found the graphics in the ROM, and it
> > had
> > > the words "Fatal Fury". I only remember this because I saw the graphics in the
> game
> > > while looking at it with a tile viewer.

I'm out of ideas then. I tried to see the internal graphics in garou but I remember now F4 doesn't work anymore and I don't feel like downloading an alternate/old build.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

Re: Amigo new [Re: BIOS-D]
#283159 - 04/19/12 02:05 AM

> > > > > > I know, odd question, but I remember seeing someone post an image of an
> > > alternate
> > > > > > title screen for Garou: Mark of the Wolves a few years back. Instead of the
> > > title
> > > > > > screen being made up of two large Japanese characters, it was entirely in
> > > > English.
> > > > > > Whoever made this used the graphics contained in the game itself.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > It's been several years since then - and I can't seem to find the image via
> > > > Google
> > > > > > search. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
> > > > >
> > > > > http://www.neogeoprotos.com/games/garou_special.htm
> > > >
> > > > That's NOT IT. This was made by someone who found the graphics in the ROM, and
> it
> > > had
> > > > the words "Fatal Fury". I only remember this because I saw the graphics in the
> > game
> > > > while looking at it with a tile viewer.
>
> I'm out of ideas then. I tried to see the internal graphics in garou but I remember
> now F4 doesn't work anymore and I don't feel like downloading an alternate/old build.

I was looking through the ROM via WinKawaks to find stuff for The Cutting Room Floor when I saw that and remembered that image. Hopefully someone pops up with it.

Edit: And where the hell did the MAME Tile viewer go anyway? I press F4 and it doesn't work, but the MAME Wiki says it should.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 245 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2168