MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

knightlore
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/05/12
Send PM

Compiling Noobie - error messages
#281599 - 04/05/12 07:48 PM

Hi, I've been following Mr Do's guide linked on the Byoac forums and I've run into a few problems.

I'm using Mame 0145 source with Mame 0145 romset (no updates).

I followed the guide through twice and applied, u1, u2, u3, u4, u5 and finally hi_145 - I didn't notice any errors.

When I go to make mame about 2 mins in I get an error message

"void machine reset irobot"

I have no idea what it means or what I'm doing wrong. Anyone have any ideas please?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Compiling Noobie - error messages new [Re: knightlore]
#281617 - 04/05/12 09:04 PM

> Hi, I've been following Mr Do's guide linked on the Byoac forums and I've run into a
> few problems.
>
> I'm using Mame 0145 source with Mame 0145 romset (no updates).
>
> I followed the guide through twice and applied, u1, u2, u3, u4, u5 and finally hi_145
> - I didn't notice any errors.
>
> When I go to make mame about 2 mins in I get an error message
>
> "void machine reset irobot"
>
> I have no idea what it means or what I'm doing wrong. Anyone have any ideas please?

That sounds like the GCC problem that people using Windows XP sometimes have when compiling. If you have a friend with a better OS (Windows 7) you could compile on - that would be one way to do it. Or, if you know someone else with the binary built to your specs, ask them for their .o file to replace your missing obj\windows\mame\machine\irobot.o file.

knightlore
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Compiling Noobie - error messages new [Re: Tafoid]
#281619 - 04/05/12 09:08 PM

Thanks for the reply, yes I am using Windows Xp on the cab, only due to the fact it has a small HD.

I've got a couple of Win 7 machines though. I had no idea I could use Win 7 to compile and then shift it over. Is there anything special I need to do to do this, or is it as simple as following the steps (aka Mr Do's guide) and then copying the files across?

EDIT -

Anyone able to answer please? I'm a rizla paper away from finishing my cab.

Also, while I'm here - I'm getting a bit confused about what's what. I thought these patches were to remove the nag screens + hiscore? But then I read somewhere on here that removing nag screens is against the rules?

If so, that's fine - the hiscore is the most important thing to me, I don't want to use pen + paper to keep track of hiscores!

Edited by knightlore (04/06/12 12:29 PM)

knightlore
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Compiling Noobie - error messages new [Re: knightlore]
#281687 - 04/06/12 12:27 PM

Anyone able to answer please? I'm a rizla paper away from finishing my cab.

Also, while I'm here - I'm getting a bit confused about what's what. I thought these patches were to remove the nag screens + hiscore? But then I read somewhere on here that removing nag screens is against the rules?

If so, that's fine - the hiscore is the most important thing to me, I don't want to use pen + paper to keep track of hiscores!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 718 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1479