View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Carb haters and diabeeters
#280758 - 03/28/12 07:32 PM

This stuff is the shit.

http://www.smokinjoesbarbecue.com/smokin-joes-3pk-no-sugar-added-barbecue-sauce/

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Luv you long time <nt> new [Re: Smitdogg]
#280775 - 03/28/12 09:30 PM

> This stuff is the shit.
>
> http://www.smokinjoesbarbecue.com/smokin-joes-3pk-no-sugar-added-barbecue-sauce/

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

Re: Carb haters and diabeeters new [Re: Smitdogg]
#280777 - 03/28/12 09:48 PM

reminds me of the video your friend was filming of you eating vegetables at a pub and asking you if people were wrong/bad for eating carbs.

i learned everything i know from KC

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Carb haters and diabeeters new [Re: jopezu]
#280778 - 03/28/12 09:51 PM

That same friend ballooned up to 315 pounds and is now on Atkins ~25 lost so far.

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

#280779 - 03/28/12 09:53 PM

25 lbs is how much loose screws, nails and nuts fit into 1 clown pocket (1CP)

i learned everything i know from KC

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Carb haters and diabeeters new [Re: jopezu]
#280780 - 03/28/12 09:55 PM

That is one SCP (small clown pocket). Normal CP is 35 lb.

Pi
Allergic to life
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

#280781 - 03/28/12 10:19 PM

> That is one SCP (small clown pocket). Normal CP is 35 lb.

Then how many TBSP are one CP?

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Carb haters and diabeeters new [Re: Pi]
#280782 - 03/28/12 10:27 PM

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

I beg to differ. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#280787 - 03/28/12 10:58 PM

> This stuff is the shit.
>
> http://www.smokinjoesbarbecue.com/smokin-joes-3pk-no-sugar-added-barbecue-sauce/

Wrong. THIS STUFF is the shit. Just trust me on this and don't ask for details...

http://www.fiberone.com/products/cereal/original

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: I beg to differ. new [Re: aavada]
#280789 - 03/28/12 11:39 PM

> > This stuff is the shit.
> >
> > http://www.smokinjoesbarbecue.com/smokin-joes-3pk-no-sugar-added-barbecue-sauce/
>
>
> Wrong. THIS STUFF is the shit. Just trust me on this and don't ask for details...
>
> http://www.fiberone.com/products/cereal/original

- Stiletto

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

Re: I beg to differ. new [Re: Stiletto]
#280790 - 03/28/12 11:42 PM

They had a fiber cereal that was named "Uncle Sam cereal."

I don't see it around anymore, I guess not many people thought it was their patriotic duty to poop American?

Remember, nobody knows shit better than Uncle Sam.

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: I beg to differ. new [Re: greybeard]
#280791 - 03/29/12 12:08 AM

> They had a fiber cereal that was named "Uncle Sam cereal."
>
> I don't see it around anymore, I guess not many people thought it was their patriotic duty to poop American?

They have it here. Compared though it's really light on fiber and high in calories.
If you're restricting calories and aren't eating a bowl of Fiber Sticks One every morning you don't know what you're missing.

Gyrovision
so many more levels...
Loc: Area 51 Nevada
Send PM

#280793 - 03/29/12 12:20 AM

Thanks I just ordered a threesome. Don't ever try the Atkins BBQ sauce from the 00's... pee-uke!

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: I beg to differ. new [Re: aavada]
#280794 - 03/29/12 12:27 AM

> >
> > http://www.smokinjoesbarbecue.com/smokin-joes-3pk-no-sugar-added-barbecue-sauce/
>
>
> Wrong. THIS STUFF is the shit. Just trust me on this and don't ask for details...
>

I tried fiber one pancake mix once. Once.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: I beg to differ. new [Re: Gor]
#280797 - 03/29/12 12:36 AM Attachment: once.jpg 11 KB (1 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Carb haters and diabeeters new [Re: Gyrovision]
#280799 - 03/29/12 12:41 AM

Let me know what you think. I've turned 2 people on to it so far and they gobble it down regularly now. It doesn't taste like a faked sweet to me. It's damn good.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Read that as.. new [Re: Gor]
#280802 - 03/29/12 01:09 AM

> I tried fiber one pancake mix once. Once.

...fiber optic pancake mix.

duh

S

Gyrovision
so many more levels...
Send PM

#281302 - 04/03/12 01:31 AM

> Let me know what you think. I've turned 2 people on to it so far and they gobble it
> down regularly now. It doesn't taste like a faked sweet to me. It's damn good.

Got mine today. Used two tablespoons sauteed in with three slices of medium-thin roast beef and made a virtual BBQ beef sandwich, good! This stuff is not watered down, the color and texture are right, I can taste the sucralose at first but it goes away once the other flavors kick in. My problem is I was too used to the 100% sugar shit. I actually weighed a serving size (31g) right at two level tablespoons full, if you go heaping it will be around 36-41 g's. It adds up quick. But at only two carbs per serving you can sauce up on a good day. It's almost time to roll out the smoker again, looking forward to a batch of wings with this sauce...

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: I beg to differ. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#281317 - 04/03/12 03:57 AM Attachment: jonny.jpg 27 KB (1 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Breetai
Semi-Lurker "full time drinker"
Reged: 11/02/03
Loc: Omaha
Send PM

#281322 - 04/03/12 04:14 AM

> That same friend ballooned up to 315 pounds and is now on Atkins ~25 lost so far.

I know a couple of people that went one the Atkins diet about 10 years ago lost weight and got the gout.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

Re: I beg to differ. new [Re: greybeard]
#281340 - 04/03/12 06:50 AM

Quote:

I don't see it around anymore, I guess not many people thought it was their patriotic duty to poop American?

It isn't the pooping part that is weird. Would you openly admit that you eat Uncle Sam? Would anyone else? That's definitely a +1 on the CP HP. ;-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#281341 - 04/03/12 07:01 AM

My pallet is probably too screwed up to give out sweetness advice. I haven't regularly eaten sugary shit in 10 years and sucralose tastes very close to sugar to me, unlike the other fake sweeteners. Well the 2 tablespoon serving is only 10 calories. That's not enough to add up to anything significant for me at this point even if I eat 10 servings at a time.

Gyrovision
so many more levels...
Send PM

#281378 - 04/03/12 06:09 PM

> My pallet is probably too screwed up to give out sweetness advice. I haven't
> regularly eaten sugary shit in 10 years and sucralose tastes very close to sugar to
> me, unlike the other fake sweeteners. Well the 2 tablespoon serving is only 10
> calories. That's not enough to add up to anything significant for me at this point
> even if I eat 10 servings at a time.

Stevia and sucralose is fine (stevia slightly less carb), it's aspartame you want to stay away from is what I've heard. We did broiled chicken tatas last night. The sauce is a miracle, couldn't taste the sucralose at all baked in. I think my pallet just needed a quick adjustment from the initial taste test. Even Gyromother approves and she's not on any kind of diet or anything. I am sold!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#281379 - 04/03/12 06:15 PM

Well if you get sucralose in a liquid it has no carbs at all. It's the filler shit they put in the powder that is the problem (dextrose and maltodextrin). The latter actually raises your blood sugar faster than sugar. It really doesn't make any sense at all that they are used. The only way to get around it is buy the liquid version.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Send PM

#281381 - 04/03/12 06:41 PM

Quote:

My pallet is probably too screwed up to give out sweetness advice. I haven't regularly eaten sugary shit in 10 years and sucralose tastes very close to sugar to me...

I'm not big on sweets either. I gave those up back in 2003 just out of the blue. If anything I drink a lot of my own brewed green tea with no sweeteners.

I do enjoy the occasional Pepsi Max when I need to do something creative on the 'puter such as writing, art design, audio/video restoration/digital archiving/conversion or coding. Or just deconstructing various data files and figuring out their formatting. Oh, and the occasional MAME game. :-)

A bad sweetener experience I've had was with sorbitol prior to my pharmaceutical career knowledge. Forget about Olestra. Just don't eat a lot of those low-cal candies. But then I love hot cinnamon and, well, I'll leave the rest to your own imaginations. I giggle when I know that sorbitol is used as a laxative in certain pharmacy preparations.

It's not sweets that I'm hooked to. It's spicy things. And I love hot cinnamon.

But low-carb BBQ? As long as it has the right amount of spicy, smokey and tangy then it's all good. Meat is good! And when it's all grilled outside wash it down with some fresh brewed unsweetened iced tea with lemon. :-)

Anyone else hungry? I need to grill something.

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Carb haters and diabeeters new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#281382 - 04/03/12 06:52 PM

> My pallet is probably too screwed up to give out sweetness advice. I haven't
> regularly eaten sugary shit in 10 years and sucralose tastes very close to sugar to
> me...
>
> I'm not big on sweets either. I gave those up back in 2003 just out of the blue. If
> anything I drink a lot of my own brewed green tea with no sweeteners.

I drink coffee and tea without sweeteners.

> I do enjoy the occasional Pepsi Max when I need to do something creative on the
> 'puter such as writing, art design, audio/video restoration/digital
> archiving/conversion or coding. Or just deconstructing various data files and
> figuring out their formatting. Oh, and the occasional MAME game. :-)

Pepsi Max seems to lose its carbonation too quickly in my experience.

> A bad sweetener experience I've had was with sorbitol prior to my pharmaceutical
> career knowledge. Forget about Olestra. Just don't eat a lot of those low-cal
> candies. But then I love hot cinnamon and, well, I'll leave the rest to your own
> imaginations. I giggle when I know that sorbitol is used as a laxative in certain
> pharmacy preparations.

Sorbitol is I think what a lot of gums use now, or is that the one that starts with an X... You have to eat a lot to get a strong laxative effect. Just popping a piece of gum does nothing.

> It's not sweets that I'm hooked to. It's spicy things. And I love hot cinnamon.
>
> But low-carb BBQ? As long as it has the right amount of spicy, smokey and tangy then
> it's all good. Meat is good! And when it's all grilled outside wash it down with some
> fresh brewed unsweetened iced tea with lemon. :-)

Well this bbq sauce tastes as good to me as the sugary ones. BBQ ribs are my favorite food and the amount of sugar in normal bbq sauce makes them mostly off limits.

> Anyone else hungry? I need to grill something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmUZGdi7Ty4&t=0m24s

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Carb haters and diabeeters new [Re: Breetai]
#281408 - 04/03/12 09:53 PM

Appears to happen in some people's bodies if they increase their protein, or at least some people correlate the 2 things. FWIW I don't tell anyone to do low carb, I tell them to research and find something that works for them. My friend that got up to 315 I even tried to get him not to do Atkins because I don't think it's right for him, he likes beer too much. I tried to get him to do low calorie instead but he quit it for Atkins. Calorie counting is perceived as too much work to a lot of people, though I think it isn't unless you eat out a lot where you can't get the calorie info or where you have to estimate so much that it becomes useless data. Low carb works for me but I sometimes count calories on top of it or cheat.

jibmums
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/24/09
Send PM

If Fiber One is the shit, then this stuff is the fart before the shit new [Re: aavada]
#281410 - 04/03/12 10:24 PM

> >
>
>
>

Kashi GoLean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble. Delicious? Oh yeah. One of my favorite cereals. But sweet mother of God, you'd best prepare yourself for the farts to follow. My g/f and I first tried it for Saturday and Sunday breakfasts one weekend, and come Sunday night the house was filled with stink so thick you could bite into it.

Still.....delicious cereal.

Gyrovision
so many more levels...
Send PM

#281452 - 04/04/12 08:06 AM

> Well if you get sucralose in a liquid it has no carbs at all. It's the filler shit
> they put in the powder that is the problem (dextrose and maltodextrin). The latter
> actually raises your blood sugar faster than sugar. It really doesn't make any sense
> at all that they are used. The only way to get around it is buy the liquid version.

The stevia bag I just bought has the same thing, maltodextrin. Damn. Now I am interested in the liquid.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

#281457 - 04/04/12 10:07 AM

Quote:

Re Smitdogg:
Pepsi Max seems to lose its carbonation too quickly in my experience.

I noticed that as well. It's as if anything which isn't sugar or high fructose corn syrup has a better grip on the CO2 than other sweeteners. That makes sense especially after cleaning up a spill of something containing sucrose or fructose on the floor and you think it's all cleaned up. And then an hour later you can feel the stickiness again if you walk barefoot over the surface.

Anyway, I usually down a PepsiMAX within five minutes after opening. After that it gets very flat. It's tasty due to the shot of red panax ginseng within it but the carbonation is fleeting and is best consumed when immediately opened.

Quote:

Re Smitdogg:
Sorbitol is I think what a lot of gums use now, or is that the one that starts with an X... You have to eat a lot to get a strong laxative effect. Just popping a piece of gum does nothing.

I chew gum that has sorbitol with no problems. Some gums contain xylitol which is another type of low-carb sugar alcohol-based sweetener. I'm not worried about gum. It's the soluble candies made out of that stuff that people eat to excess and then make a CP mess later.

Sorbitol candies + Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce = Wrecked 'em? Dang near killed 'em! Butthurt

Oh, man! I'm jonesin' for some Dave's! That is a spiritual awakening right there! It's naturally low-carb since you really don't need much!

Quote:

Re Smitdogg:
...www.youtube....

Already done. Chicken breasts coated with parmesean cheese and Italian dressing mix then pan-fried. It was one dang rainy day. But wow! It was yummy when a splash of marinara sauce and hot pepper cheese is plopped on top of it.

The beef is in the freezer, BTW. :-)

Quote:

Re jibmums:
Kashi GoLean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble. Delicious? Oh yeah. One of my favorite cereals. But sweet mother of God, you'd best prepare yourself for the farts to follow.

I'll second that as a consumer. Kashi is really, REALLY yummy! But wow! It just isn't compatible with some GI tracts. And it really doesn't matter what Kashi ya git! A bowlful of Kashi is gonna make peoples' GI tracts sing baritone!

--Bekki

P.S. Who wants to try Kashi+Dave's?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Carb haters and diabeeters new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#281468 - 04/04/12 04:28 PM

I only noticed the carbonation problem with the Max so I think it has to do with one of the other additives as opposed to the sweetener. Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi is the best diet softdrink I've ever had in my opinion but it's not for everyone.

Gyrovision
so many more levels...
Send PM

#281940 - 04/09/12 06:21 AM

> Let me know what you think. I've turned 2 people on to it so far and they gobble it
> down regularly now. It doesn't taste like a faked sweet to me. It's damn good.

Did up a batch of wings on the barby tonight and sauced it up. I have a New Braunfels Texas smoker that burns 100% Lazzari mesquite charcoal. The sauce is excellent barbecued, you're gonna love it. The sauce will set/cook quickly so keep an eye on it. Still good if it chars a little.
Totally happy with this stuff, thanks again!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#281941 - 04/09/12 06:29 AM

Yeah I actually did a batch of wings myself yesterday but I just have a gas grill. This will be blasphemous to some people but I actually like to cook my chicken without sauce on the grill. It seems to be the only way I can get the skin to the crispiness I like and without burning it and then I swim the shits in sauce and eat them before the skin has time to lose the crispiness. But anyway the sauce is awesome on chicken for sure.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Wright's liquid smoke new [Re: Smitdogg]
#282058 - 04/10/12 08:45 PM

Have to give this a mention here. The shit is unbelievable. I know what you are thinking, you've had lots of liquid smoke before and it's meh at best and basically a lost cause. This shit will destroy your preconceptions of liquid smoke. It's magnitudes better than any other liquid smoke I've ever had. I've only tried the hickory type so far. I can pretty much guarantee your satisfaction if you like grilled/smoke flavor. It is absolutely effing delicious. Perfect 10/10.

Gyrovision
so many more levels...
Send PM

#346514 - 11/01/15 10:45 AM Attachment: ghughesbbq.jpg 453 KB (0 downloads)

G. Hughes
This stuff was at the local Raley's store. Very good! Comes in Hickory or Brown Maple. Only tried the Hickory so far. Try it!

Also into the superhot peppers since 2012, a three year run. Grew my own ghost and scorpion peppers. Didn't grow this year, too damn busy and now you can just buy what you like at volcanicpeppers.com

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

#346663 - 11/04/15 06:37 AM

I get this mesquite barbecue sauce from Trader Joe's. Darker and richer looking than that stuff, rich flavor, and the only barbecue sauce that isn't too sweet for me. I re-used some that was months old from a crockpot chicken cooking, so was 'watered down', and had put back in the fridge, and it was still fucking great.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 174 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4441