MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

ljgadgetgirl
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/26/12
Send PM

grayed out controller settings
#278141 - 03/04/12 09:15 PM

I am interested in understanding why in my Mame UI32 the game controller settings under Input (this game) are grayed out. For example, in Frogger P1Up is set to KbdUp or Kbd 8 but KbdUp or Kbd 8 is grayed out. (My brother initially set up my games in Mame for me. He taught me enough to maintain my system and customize some settings.) I did ask him but he did not know why. I want to know more about this because I have discovered that anytime my Mame controller settings are grayed out this controller function will not work with my ArcadeX. For example, in Frogger I cannot move forward when using ArcadeX however I can move forward when I play the game on my PC or laptop. I would like to be able to fix these grayed settings so the games are functional with my ArcadeX. Other than the games with grayed out settings ArcadeX is working perfectly. I am looking forward to any help that can be offered.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: grayed out controller settings new [Re: ljgadgetgirl]
#278143 - 03/04/12 09:46 PM

> I am interested in understanding why in my Mame UI32 the game controller settings
> under Input (this game) are grayed out. For example, in Frogger P1Up is set to KbdUp
> or Kbd 8 but KbdUp or Kbd 8 is grayed out. (My brother initially set up my games in
> Mame for me. He taught me enough to maintain my system and customize some settings.)
> I did ask him but he did not know why. I want to know more about this because I have
> discovered that anytime my Mame controller settings are grayed out this controller
> function will not work with my ArcadeX. For example, in Frogger I cannot move forward
> when using ArcadeX however I can move forward when I play the game on my PC or
> laptop. I would like to be able to fix these grayed settings so the games are
> functional with my ArcadeX. Other than the games with grayed out settings ArcadeX is
> working perfectly. I am looking forward to any help that can be offered.

You mean x-arcade right? Use a ctrlr.ini file for it. Read this:

http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/w/index.php?title=Ctrlr_file

McCrea
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/06/12
Send PM

Re: grayed out controller settings new [Re: ljgadgetgirl]
#278276 - 03/06/12 06:19 AM

I don't think the knowledge will help to fix your problem, but the settings that are greyed-out are simply not currently set to the para-default settings. I.e., If the general setting does not match the mame default, it will be grey-out. If the game setting does not match the general setting, it will be greyed-out.

In my book, greyed = good, because custom is good.

ljgadgetgirl
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: grayed out controller settings new [Re: McCrea]
#278376 - 03/07/12 02:09 AM

Thank you for answering that for me, it is good to know even if it did not solve my problem.

ljgadgetgirl
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: grayed out controller settings new [Re: Sune]
#278377 - 03/07/12 02:12 AM

Yes, I did mean X Arcade. The site you sent me too looks promising, hopefully it is not too much for this neophyte. Thanks for your help.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 10687