MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

What's your stance on "censored" "remixxed" music...
#277713 - 02/28/12 10:26 PM

On one hand, I HATE hearing Hollaback Girl on the radio when almost half of the song is bleeped out, on the other hand, I prefer having the choice to get music like Bark at the moon that doesn't drop the "F" bomb as much as some chickens cluck.

I like "choice" when people can obtain either version, as I don't like hearing racist words, female slurs, or the "F" bomb, but I respect others right to buy such "music."

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

It shouldn't be new [Re: greybeard]
#277716 - 02/28/12 10:36 PM

The artists wrote, performed, and recorded it intentionally. Censoring the material doesn't work because in your mind you've already substituted the beep or replacement word with the original anyway.

If you don't want "dirty" things in your music, you don't have to listen to it.

Don't want your kids to be corrupted by words that they'll hear at school and in LIFE anyway? Don't have it around the house.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: What's your stance on "censored" "remixxed" music... new [Re: greybeard]
#277718 - 02/28/12 10:37 PM

> On one hand, I HATE hearing Hollaback Girl on the radio when almost half of the song
> is bleeped out, on the other hand, I prefer having the choice to get music like Bark
> at the moon that doesn't drop the "F" bomb as much as some chickens cluck.
>
> I like "choice" when people can obtain either version, as I don't like hearing racist
> words, female slurs, or the "F" bomb, but I respect others right to buy such "music."

I think it's good to have a clean version for radio play. I also think it's stupid to play the non-clean version
and edit out the swearing when a clean version is available. Like when I had sirius and they would play an
edited Fuck You instead of Forget You, never mind the fact that they should be able to play whatever
without worrying about the FCC.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Steve Hughes about being offended new [Re: Hizzout]
#277724 - 02/28/12 11:14 PM

S

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

Re: What's your stance on "censored" "remixxed" music... new [Re: Gor]
#277758 - 02/29/12 05:12 AM

It's very rare (maybe once a year or so) that I listen to the radio. The ads get in the way of the music.

I'm for uncensored music that the artists originally recorded. So I don't buy a lot of albums from Sprawl-Mart. Though I did dig within one of their $5 music bins and found Alice In Chains "Live" album in all its uncensored glory.

I do like it when artists like to play coy and slip in a few double-entendres. Check out some ZZ Top or AC/DC for examples. :-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

satan
Reged: 06/13/04
Send PM

OMG!!!! It's Paratech!!!! new [Re: greybeard]
#277761 - 02/29/12 05:28 AM

> On one hand, I HATE hearing Hollaback Girl on the radio when almost half of the song
> is bleeped out, on the other hand, I prefer having the choice to get music like Bark
> at the moon that doesn't drop the "F" bomb as much as some chickens cluck.
>
> I like "choice" when people can obtain either version, as I don't like hearing racist
> words, female slurs, or the "F" bomb, but I respect others right to buy such "music."

Darth Mario
Hail Hydra
Send PM

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now... new [Re: satan]
#277852 - 03/01/12 01:57 AM

sigh...

satan
Send PM

I have proof! new [Re: Darth Mario]
#277853 - 03/01/12 02:20 AM

> sigh...

http://www.retrogames.com/cgi-bin/wwwthr...sb=7#Post163886

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: I have proof! new [Re: satan]
#277855 - 03/01/12 02:32 AM

> > sigh...
>
> http://www.retrogames.com/cgi-bin/wwwthr...sb=7#Post163886

Haaaaa haaaa .....

Moose

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

late to the party, are we? new [Re: satan]
#277863 - 03/01/12 03:44 AM

> > On one hand, I HATE hearing Hollaback Girl on the radio when almost half of the
> song
> > is bleeped out, on the other hand, I prefer having the choice to get music like
> Bark
> > at the moon that doesn't drop the "F" bomb as much as some chickens cluck.
> >
> > I like "choice" when people can obtain either version, as I don't like hearing
> racist
> > words, female slurs, or the "F" bomb, but I respect others right to buy such
> "music."

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: What's your stance on "censored" "remixxed" music... new [Re: greybeard]
#277869 - 03/01/12 04:41 AM

What is your stance on vaginal fisting?

How about anal fisting?

Should people have the right to take a shit on another person?

How about shitting in someone else's mouth?

I'm just curious.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

satan
Send PM

Re: I was dropped on my head. What's your excuse? new [Re: italie]
#277885 - 03/01/12 06:47 AM

> > > On one hand, I HATE hearing Hollaback Girl on the radio when almost half of the
> > song
> > > is bleeped out, on the other hand, I prefer having the choice to get music like
> > Bark
> > > at the moon that doesn't drop the "F" bomb as much as some chickens cluck.
> > >
> > > I like "choice" when people can obtain either version, as I don't like hearing
> > racist
> > > words, female slurs, or the "F" bomb, but I respect others right to buy such
> > "music."

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

drugs. <nt> new [Re: satan]
#277886 - 03/01/12 06:58 AM

> > > > On one hand, I HATE hearing Hollaback Girl on the radio when almost half of the
> > > song
> > > > is bleeped out, on the other hand, I prefer having the choice to get music like
> > > Bark
> > > > at the moon that doesn't drop the "F" bomb as much as some chickens cluck.
> > > >
> > > > I like "choice" when people can obtain either version, as I don't like hearing
> > > racist
> > > > words, female slurs, or the "F" bomb, but I respect others right to buy such
> > > "music."

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Wait, retrogames still exists? :P *nt* new [Re: satan]
#277888 - 03/01/12 07:37 AM

> > sigh...
>
> http://www.retrogames.com/cgi-bin/wwwthr...sb=7#Post163886

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: What's your stance on "censored" "remixxed" music... new [Re: krick]
#277894 - 03/01/12 11:04 AM

> What is your stance on vaginal fisting?
>
> How about anal fisting?
>
> Should people have the right to take a shit on another person?
>
> How about shitting in someone else's mouth?
>
> I'm just curious.

Bowel-curious? Really?

Anyway, the correct questions should be, "Should people have the right to ask another person to take a shit on them," and "how about allowing someone to shit in your mouth?"

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

Re: What's your stance on "censored" "remixxed" music... new [Re: TriggerFin]
#277942 - 03/02/12 02:30 AM

Quote:

Anyway, the correct questions should be, "Should people have the right to ask another person to take a shit on them," and "how about allowing someone to shit in your mouth?"

I don't care what you do to each other. Just make sure you pervs clean up after yerselves after you have your murky brown fun!

Oh, and do play safe. ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coprophagia

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: What's your stance on "censored" "remixxed" music... new [Re: TriggerFin]
#277946 - 03/02/12 03:23 AM

It's not MY cup o' tea but as long as all parties involved are consenting and of legal age, and no one gets hurt then how you get your rocks off, and with whom is none of my business.

Wave that freak flag high you crazy kids.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 276 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2109